What's new

Has EX-Shadow Kick's Armor Buff changed your Meter Game?

The question is pretty simple. I used cage and I had alot trouble with zoning characters, but the EX-Shadow kick buff seems to have given me the answer to finally get in on opponents with surprise so i can start up my mixup game.

but back then i use to be very precious with meter, always saving for the epic Counter X-Ray. but now I seem to NEVER do it anymore, because i rely so much on the EX-shadow kick, most people I find become to foolish to fall for it even if they do bait it out. overall yes i know shadowkick in general has its major unsafe issues. but it's certainly helps with alot of things.

have you noticed your game style of using meter change as well once this buff was brought to J.Cage?

blanked

Noob
definitely agree on you. I can't remember the last time i xrayed. I either have meter for shadow kick or for ex fire balls after strings

leek

Noob
The question is pretty simple. I used cage and I had alot trouble with zoning characters, but the EX-Shadow kick buff seems to have given me the answer to finally get in on opponents with surprise so i can start up my mixup game.

but back then i use to be very precious with meter, always saving for the epic Counter X-Ray. but now I seem to NEVER do it anymore, because i rely so much on the EX-shadow kick, most people I find become to foolish to fall for it even if they do bait it out. overall yes i know shadowkick in general has its major unsafe issues. but it's certainly helps with alot of things.

have you noticed your game style of using meter change as well once this buff was brought to J.Cage?
Totally noticed it change. I never even have enough to breaker because of how often I have to use EX-Shadow Kick. (at least online..I always get counter picked and it's really annoying.) I miss my xray.. :/

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Yeah, I rarely use my X-Ray anymore. Even though still today when that is available it can fuck with someone's mind.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Yeah, I rarely use my X-Ray anymore. Even though still today when that is available it can fuck with someone's mind.
This is my favorite thing to do against scrubbier players. They are always looking for your X-Ray to come out so they get afraid to attack you. It's like they wear a big sign saying "RUSH ME DOWN JOHNNY!"

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I play cage a little bit, and yes my playstyle has changed significantly after this buff. However, I think what is more notable is that opponents play you differenty. As a sub zero main I find that I have to use my ice clone setups better and I just cant sitback with iceblast waiting for cage to get bored, but I also know that I can pressure him a little bit more becuase I didn't have to worry aout his xray as much. The buff seriously shifted everything about how cage should be played and how he should be played against.