Goro

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Goro's assist cooldowns:

Raise the Roof: 20 seconds
Omelette Toss: 20 seconds
Punch Walk: 15 seconds
Stomp: 38 seconds

Of all the kameos, Goro has the longest cooldowns on his assists, which is a tad strange considering the strength of other kameos.

there seem to be limitations on stomp usage. for example raiden: i was trying set up raidens 2421~db3 stagger into stomp. but no matter how i input it, it wont work.
  • if i do 2421, kk, db3, the db3 wont come out, even though the timing is the same as if i left the stomp input out.
  • if i do 2421~db3, kk, the db3 will come out, but goro will only do the launcher, not the stomp.
to me, this seems to be an intentional security measure by nrs against stomp abuse. which is questionalble for a move that already costs a full kameo bar, has double the regeneration time of the second slowest kameos and does 90 damage.

edit: i found that if you do 242, kk, then as soon as goro touches the ground contiunue the string with1~db3, it works as intended. still there is something going on with the inability to activate stomp with certain timings.

Last edited:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
there seem to be limitations on stomp usage. for example raiden: i was trying set up raidens 2421~db3 stagger into stomp. but no matter how i input it, it wont work.
  • if i do 2421, kk, db3, the db3 wont come out, even though the timing is the same as if i left the stomp input out.
  • if i do 2421~db3, kk, the db3 will come out, but goro will only do the launcher, not the stomp.
to me, this seems to be an intentional security measure by nrs against stomp abuse. which is questionalble for a move that already costs a full kameo bar, has double the regeneration time of the second slowest kameos and does 90 damage.

edit: i found that if you do 242, kk, then as soon as goro touches the ground contiunue the string with1~db3, it works as intended. still there is something going on with the inability to activate stomp with certain timings.
Dude its fucking insane. I'm trying to come up with a setup with Geras and half the time Goro will stomp, half the time he wont. No matter what I do, I think I find out whats wrong, then it wont work again. I have no idea what the limitations are. I think its a bug tho. If you input anything while trying to get Goro to stomp, he'll do his punch instead.

Has anyone been using goro with shang here?
Would it be a good fit for him?

would f4121xxground skull (switch to young)-goro punch,triple skulls (switch back to old) be a good block string/chip damage.

Cant really use shang in matches as my shoulder buttons are broken on my controller haha(gotta replace it)so i cant use kameo and switch age properly.

would be great to hear some inpunt if anyone has been running this team.

would f4121xxground skull (switch to young)-goro punch,triple skulls (switch back to old) be a good block string/chip damage.

Cant really use shang in matches as my shoulder buttons are broken on my controller haha(gotta replace it)so i cant use kameo and switch age properly.

Goro isnt really great for damage, but for launching from stuff that otherwise doesnt and to make stuff safe. its pretty pointless to use goro later than the second juggle, scorpion would be your pick for that.

Goro isnt really great for damage, but for launching from stuff that otherwise doesnt and to make stuff safe. its pretty pointless to use goro later than the second juggle, scorpion would be your pick for that.
yeah shang got his combos solo covered for great meterless,non kameo damage,was thinking if he could use goro to creat long blockstrings utlizing the swtich mechanic and goro up punch

Agilaz

It has begun

Shang/Goro main since day 1.

I did a short write up over in the Shang kameo thread, but the gist is:

More combo routes (extensions off 124 and young f343), b223 becomes a launching string if up punch is timed right and doubles as a mixup once they start blocking the last hit, cause you can cancel b22 into omelette toss for a full combo if they block low. Same for old man 14, second hit is a low so if they're low blocking they'll get thrown. There's probably some corner stuff as well.

You can potentially lock people down with triple skulls and stomp and force them to eat it the stomp or risking navigating through the fireballs.

Haven't found a consistent use for punchwalk yet though

yeah shang got his combos solo covered for great meterless,non kameo damage,was thinking if he could use goro to creat long blockstrings utlizing the swtich mechanic and goro up punch
in my opinion goro is wasted on blockstrings as his recovey is super-slow. the only way id use it is as option select, to launch on hit or grant plus on block. like after raidens f224 with the right timing.

Shang/Goro main since day 1.

I did a short write up over in the Shang kameo thread, but the gist is:

More combo routes (extensions off 124 and young f343), b223 becomes a launching string if up punch is timed right and doubles as a mixup once they start blocking the last hit, cause you can cancel b22 into omelette toss for a full combo if they block low. Same for old man 14, second hit is a low so if they're low blocking they'll get thrown. There's probably some corner stuff as well.

You can potentially lock people down with triple skulls and stomp and force them to eat it the stomp or risking navigating through the fireballs.

Haven't found a consistent use for punchwalk yet though
great info thanks,ill be looking to play this team.
isnt punch walk supposed to have the same utility as forst kameo ice punches?

in my opinion goro is wasted on blockstrings as his recovey is super-slow. the only way id use it is as option select, to launch on hit or grant plus on block. like after raidens f224 with the right timing.
yeah i see what you mean,though this situation kinda covers all of it at once.

f4121,is unsafe,f4121xxground skull is also unsafe,so if it hits you dont use goro and get a launch and if it doesnt you make it safe with goro,do chip and continue pressure as it is plus.

yeah i see what you mean,though this situation kinda covers all of it at once.

f4121,is unsafe,f4121xxground skull is also unsafe,so if it hits you dont use goro and get a launch and if it doesnt you make it safe with goro,do chip and continue pressure as it is plus.
i see, but maybe there are better kameos for that, maybe sektor or kano. or that yellow robot nobody plays. on the other hand, will it disrupt your launch if you just dial in goro?

i see, but maybe there are better kameos for that, maybe sektor or kano. or that yellow robot nobody plays. on the other hand, will it disrupt your launch if you just dial in goro?
well the f4121 string is pretty long so you dont need to dial in,its an easy confirm,but if for some reason they let go of block and get hit by the ground skull,the timing of goro to be plus is around the same as you input the ground skull cancle,you still can convert into a combo.the skull hits,then goro hits,and then you do 4xxskull,4xxskull f4xxdb3 273 damage plus whatever the chip is from the string.

well the f4121 string is pretty long so you dont need to dial in,its an easy confirm,but if for some reason they let go of block and get hit by the ground skull,the timing of goro to be plus is around the same as you input the ground skull cancle,you still can convert into a combo.the skull hits,then goro hits,and then you do 4xxskull,4xxskull f4xxdb3 273 damage plus whatever the chip is from the string.
sounds like a proper goro setup

sounds like a proper goro setup
tried it out in a few kasual matches and it seems strong,though the timing is kinda strict,and grandmaster+ players were pumping block to duck the goro hit.

But sometimes they still got hit and launched or had block and i was plus,sometimes it happened that they do a low poke and hit goro,he would tank the hit and i got guaranteed prrssure during their recovery.It felt really oprrasive if i was able to jail it together so you would do f4121xxskull goro hits,f4121xxskull goro hits,f41 stagger into grab

In case of armoring out the ground skull and goro do break armor.

if someone a bit more experianced could test this and see if there truely is a timing where they get jailed into goro so they cant duck and its a late enough call so you still get good plus frames,or this is potentially just a gimmick.