What's new

Gamepad or arcade stick, what do you prefer?

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
And if it's an arcade stick, which works best for MK2/3?

I can do ok with a DS3 gamepad but have been wanting to try these games with an arcade stick, especially since the new MK due out next spring will be a return to the classic style of gameplay/presentation.

Thanks for any info.

Dark_Rob

Noob
As tim so eloquently put it lol. Arcade in a box is where most of us get our MK sticks. Make sure you get the MK layout. Also dont try and get sanwa buttons because Ed cant do sanwas in the MK layout. I prefer the I.L. competition stick for MK but its whatever you prefer. Also True arcade is a little more sturdy on the table.

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
Thanks both of you! I tried the link at left but it didn't have any info yet so I figured they weren't available. Good to see that there is actually an MK style arcade stick around.
One more question, with the System option does it automatically work with PC as standard, and then you have to choose options such as PS3 for those additional compatibilities? I also want to confirm the competition joystick is the actual "stick", not the "ball"?

Dark_Rob

Noob
Thanks both of you! I tried the link at left but it didn't have any info yet so I figured they weren't available. Good to see that there is actually an MK style arcade stick around.
One more question, with the System option does it automatically work with PC as standard, and then you have to choose options such as PS3 for those additional compatibilities? I also want to confirm the competition joystick is the actual "stick", not the "ball"?
Yes all versions of the stick will work on PC, whether you get it for 360 or PS3. Also you can get it "Hybrid", which will work on 360/PS3/PC.
The I.L. Competition stick comes with a "Bat" top. The "ball" sticks are the Sanwa JLF. My personal preference for Mortal Kombat is the I.L.
Although for Street Fighter I prefer the Sanwa.

or if you wanna go cheap way for pc buy a snes controller adapter that is what i did and i get the same quality gameplay as an actual arcade stick but without the price.