What's new

Freeze Ball as an anti air?

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I've tried using it as an anti air MANY MANY many times and most of the time it does do some pretty neat stuff.

Ask [MENTION=2119]xZEPPELIx[/MENTION] , he knows how many times I cought him using this trick! (Not bashing you bro, you know how weird my playstyle is!)

Obviously the only thing that I found that is worth doing after it is the standard njp U4xxslide.

Anybody else try this?

I've tried using it as an anti air MANY MANY many times and most of the time it does do some pretty neat stuff.

Ask [MENTION=2119]xZEPPELIx[/MENTION] , he knows how many times I cought him using this trick! (Not bashing you bro, you know how weird my playstyle is!)

Obviously the only thing that I found that is worth doing after it is the standard njp U4xxslide.

Anybody else try this?
Don't worry about it. Not a bad idea. I mean CSZ doesn't really have much in the AA department anyways lol

Altaire

Noob
From certain ranges, it's a reasonably safe anti-air, though a little inconsistent. I wouldn't advise using it at any distance where your opponent can punish you if it misses.

GuamoKun

Don't worry about it. Not a bad idea. I mean CSZ doesn't really have much in the AA department anyways lol
ahaha I had to bring out a name of a player so that this "tech" can get some recognition. Imagine if I were to say that I figured this out in practice...

From certain ranges, it's a reasonably safe anti-air, though a little inconsistent. I wouldn't advise using it at any distance where your opponent can punish you if it misses.
Ah yeah for sure, some characters can just completely ignore this strategy like Mileena, since she has that horrible, evil, un-parryable roll.

Surprisingly, I found this to work against Kitana really well, since her Square Boost actually puts her at a GREATER risk. During the move she lowers her legs and by extension, her hitbox. You can freeze those pesky "keep away Kitanas" with good timing.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I whore anti air ice ball. Njp up4 slide is good damage

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

I don't think it's good anywhere except fullscreen. You will deal heavy punishment if you do it any closer. I'm willing to play some matches with you, I'll be on this Friday, psn: Verstande

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I think against certain characters hell yes ice ball 3/4 and full screen is great but not against characters like Quan who on reaction can skull/block or tele stomp

as well as sonya too w her onions

it's really character dependent

for example against all Cages Im dropping like 44 bombs in a round, cant do that against some characters

ice is a great trade against Noob and other characters who recover slow from projectiles but has to be done in anticipation

GuamoKun

I think against certain characters hell yes ice ball 3/4 and full screen is great but not against characters like Quan who on reaction can skull/block or tele stomp

as well as sonya too w her onions

it's really character dependent

for example against all Cages Im dropping like 44 bombs in a round, cant do that against some characters

ice is a great trade against Noob and other characters who recover slow from projectiles but has to be done in anticipation
I actually do it when the opponent is going for a jip, obviously you need the mind of a jedi to consistently pull it off but its kinda weird doing this.

People who don't know about Cyber Sub do not expect the start up on his freeze to be as slow as it is, so they try to jump over it for a full combo punish. If you can make your opponent try to do that, a freeze ball can actually catch them as they do the jip. Then go for a njp u4 slide.

In this video at the 5:30 mark I do this but I used the ex freeze instead. It is 20 frames and the normal is 28. If the regular freeze was 20 frames then they might have jumped over it since it would be quicker, but in this case the ex freeze stays out longer.

Again, this is stuff that works because people are unaware of CSZ's tools.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
In my gameplay it is a very common thing, however I just uppercut at the end, the up 4 slide is very unstable online. Still as the startup is very slow for the ball many times I use the ex beam for this purpose. Once I'd really like to play your sub dear OP.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Anti Ice ball...

Not sure, I used to use it to catch an opponent dashing and jumping, but more often that not, I would get the ice ball jumped over, so since SVB, I have stopped doing it, and just anti airing the opponent with :en Parry, :u:bk Slide.