What's new

Question - Royal Storm Frame traps

So if im getting poked out of 21 into back 14 what am I doing wrong? Is it my timing? Or is it not a thing? How do you use her frame traps?

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Last time I checked she was +2. Last time I checked b1 was 10 frames. This means that if they have an 8, 7, or 6 frame poke they'll beat you.

You could do 2, 1 amd then d3 though

So much for watching your stream geeze.
I just see it work alot. I was trying to figure out if it was my timing or a gimmick that's played out I got my answer thanks.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
So much for watching your stream geeze.
I just see it work alot. I was trying to figure out if it was my timing or a gimmick that's played out I got my answer thanks.
The reason why you see it work a lot is cause the Kitana you might have seen had to had conditioned the opponent to respect his 2, 1, 2 string. But if you don't know how to condition correctly or aren't doing it at all, there is no reason to respect it.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Yea or maybe the player was expecting the fan toss after 21,so they respected it.

While this thread is open though, what are her most effective frame traps to get buttons from the other player and where do you guys go from there?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'd say PF (Princess Flutter) cancels are the best for frame traps, they can be armored or backdashed but allow for many different normals to be used and create the #of hits guessing game that allows continuous pressure.

as for 21 FT's follow with, 212/3 and after conditioning use 111 if you know they will not poke or armor with moves 8 frames or faster.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I'd say PF (Princess Flutter) cancels are the best for frame traps, they can be armored or backdashed but allow for many different normals to be used and create the #of hits guessing game that allows continuous pressure.

as for 21 FT's follow with, 212/3 and after conditioning use 111 if you know they will not poke or armor with moves 8 frames or faster.

Float cancels aren't frame traps at all lol. If anything, they are block strings

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Float cancels aren't frame traps at all lol. If anything, they are block strings
well to each there own. Appels and Oranges. but i agree. thats true. but i still stand by everything i said. and i guess ill change it to blockstring! even though i described it as such by sdaying you can armor through and backdash but. nah ill keep it that way.