What's new

Tech Flash Lightning Kick Wakeup Reversals!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Apologies if this has already been found, but I was messing about with Flash recently and found this juicy piece of tech kicking about (pun completely intended).

The above video shows setups off of b22~df3b and d1d2d3 followed by a dash in. If you time it right, the Lightning Kick will cross up (actually you can block it normally and it'll look like it crossed up, it's actually a wakeup reversal) whilst keeping the opponent in the corner, allowing you to launch the opponent when you MB it into a huge damage corner combo or setup! This of course adds to the amount of moves Flash has that can cross up including Sonic Pound and his f3.

If the opponent blocks the Lightning Kick Flash is only -5 anyway so unless you're Martian or Zatanna you're not punishing it.

Not sure if this is viable or not though...let me know what you guys think!

Thanks to Zyphox for further testing this and finding it works off of sweep too :)

@Zyphox
@HoneyBee
@n-megabytes
@AK Harold (does this make up for the WoWo tech?)
@LEGEND
@FOREVER KING
@Perfect Legend
@_xFriction
@SEV
@All the Flash mains

Enjoy :cool:

Last edited:

Youphemism

Are you sure it's a cross up or a wake-up reversal?
No it's definitely a crossup, in the video Deathstroke is blocking the other way not waking up. It might reverse wakeups though I haven't tested that...

Edit: It just looks like it crossed up, it reverses wakeups though.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Oh great...another thing that makes him even more brain dead.

Stahp already.
I don't even main him, I just find a hell of a lot of tech randomly when I go into practice every day lol. I have other stuff with Batgirl if you want me to post that instead...anti-MMH stuff....

Youphemism

This is pretty cool! The one downside is that LK is a mid, and if in the corner, there should be no reason the opponent shouldn't be holding down (to block D1D2) and that would also block the crossup. Regardless, really good find!
True, but it fits in with the meta of crossup or not crossup f3/sonic pound which require standing block :p which side the Lighning Kick will hit is pretty much a guess to the opponent since it's almost impossible to tell by looking. Thanks!

Youphemism

more mind games... i love it. good shit @Youphemism

Not think it's a bit funny how I go into practice for the second time with Flash (first time was practicing combos and standing reset setups) and manage to find tech like this where all the, say, day 1 Flash mains didn't find it? Guess I'm just that awesome :coffee:

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
It's definitely a cool find but as SNKE mentioned, the fact that it's a mid means the opponent can just hold down to block (as they most likely would be doing). I'll be sure to test this out though

Not think it's a bit funny how I go into practice for the second time with Flash (first time was practicing combos and standing reset setups) and manage to find tech like this where all the, say, day 1 Flash mains didn't find it? Guess I'm just that awesome :coffee:
simmer down simmer down

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
This is pretty cool! The one downside is that LK is a mid, and if in the corner, there should be no reason the opponent shouldn't be holding down (to block D1D2) and that would also block the crossup. Regardless, really good find!
honestly its all about conditioning, or in the EC shampooing the opponent to be afraid of overheads, i always try to do a cross up for time to let them know they need to be scared or a lot of shit, if they are looking for the cross up SP, this will launch them or play a huge guessing game.

Youphemism

simmer down simmer down
Lol ;)
honestly its all about conditioning, or in the EC shampooing the opponent to be afraid of overheads, i always try to do a cross up for time to let them know they need to be scared or a lot of shit, if they are looking for the cross up SP, this will launch them or play a huge guessing game.
They probably won't expect this coming since you'd usually do it after a starter like f21 or d1d2 which makes it even more fun if it hits :D

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I don't even main him, I just find a hell of a lot of tech randomly when I go into practice every day lol. I have other stuff with Batgirl if you want me to post that instead...anti-MMH stuff....
So. How about finding some Shazam tech then. :3