What's new

Fall 2012 USA PS3 MK2 Tournament - COMPLETED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
CONGRATS TO MIKECALDWELL ON WINNING THIS TOURNAMENT!

DATE: Saturday, November 10th, 2012
TIME: 7pm Eastern (4pm Pacific)

Please note - this is a USA PS3 only tournament. If you do not reside in the US, you will not be permitted to enter due to lag concerns. Matches can be played either on MKAK or the original PSN MK2 release (aka OG MK2.)

RULES
  • All matches are best of 5 (first to 3.) You do not need to play all 5 games if one player has already accumulated 3 wins. Winner/Loser finals are best of 7. The championship match will be best of 9.
  • Double elimination
  • All participants will need to access the TYM Chat during tournament play to report their match scores and setup their games with opponents. If you cannot access the TYM Chat during tourney play, you cannot enter the tournament.
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a TYM member and you will check the thread for updates rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • All entrants are responsible for checking this thread regularly for updates; including dates, times, and match brackets. We will not send out reminders to players.
  • If connection breaks then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to the chat room IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent. Bear in mind this only applies to first round matches.
  • You are permitted to quit on account of lag after the first match if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 2nd match is started you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this ASAP in the chat room in order to get a new opponent. Otherwise, you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you have been previously banned from the Kombat Network, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • All participants will have a 10 minute grace period to show up in the chat room for the start of the tournament. If the player has not arrived by that time, they will be disqualified.
  • Failing to post score results of a match in the chat, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. The staff reserves the right to disqualify a player with or without notice at any time.
  • If you trigger the Smoke battle, intentionally or not, you will be automatically disqualified.
  • If a player is DQ'ed then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve then the player will receive a bye.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

BRACKET LINK
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=436638

SIGNUPS (minimum of 8 players required)
1. MKillBill
2. mortal_jason
3. REO
4. Sub0's-Icy-Balls
5. dookiebrain
6. MIKECALDWELL
7. Konqrr
8. Ththuvhul
9. Kraptile
10. you_lost_2a_girl

RESERVES

DanCock

Cock Master!!
:( another tournament I'd love to join but can't due to working till 10 pm :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
No TYM Chat = No Tournament
In other words, you can't access the chat. Try different browsers. Chrome has never given me any issues. Otherwise, sorry, it's got to be done. I refuse to run all over the place checking messages, emails, etc when it can easily be done in one place.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
Thanks! And yes, I will representing the greatest low tier character ever imagined!
and by TYM chat do you mean this thread? Or is there a separate chat room? If so just post a link or give me instructions!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Thanks! And yes, I will representing the greatest low tier character ever imagined!
and by TYM chat do you mean this thread? Or is there a separate chat room? If so just post a link or give me instructions!
At the top of this page is a tab for CHAT. All you have to do is click it (it might ask you to enter your username) and it will sign you in. I'll give further details as the date draws closer.

Im in, I now have access to a ps3, I signed into my account 2 days ago after a year of being dormant. All I have to do is go over my girls house down the road 5 miles and since Im there every saturday anyway, I can play. She just got a ps3 which means the fucker is mine!!!!

Im in!!!!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I would like to sign up, but with it being so far away I do not know if other plans will interfere (or I forget! lol) ... But if I am available then, I would like to play.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
MIKECALDWELL
Konqrr

No worries. If you have to drop that's fine, I just ask that you give me a couple days notice if that happens so we can use reserve players if need be.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
@DCIguy01

Are we okay with the arrangement orchestrated by Mike? If so, then please enter me in the tournament. Thanks.
Yes, but it's a one time deal. You're in for now.

FYI to all - My username has changed. You can call me Bill, MKB, or something related to that, but DCI is done. If you try to tag me using the old name it won't work anyway.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Mikecaldwell suggested that we institute a rule where the winner has to stick with the same character until they lose which would help eliminate counterpicking. I'm not against the rule personally, but I can see where some people may have a problem with it since one player knows they are likely going to be counterpicked. Feel free to discuss in this thread while signups are still open.

On a sidenote, we have 8 players signed up thus far which means this tourney is a go.

i played splendor on mkak yesterday and his connection was fine just as if i played anyone here in the US. zippy wants in big time too. let his ass play. i think he deserves a shot just as long as he stops being a crazy-freak that he is. DCi, why did you change your tag? I baptised billybats as killbill more than a year ago, so you having that name doesn't seem right.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
i played splendor on mkak yesterday and his connection was fine just as if i played anyone here in the US. zippy wants in big time too. let his ass play. i think he deserves a shot just as long as he stops being a crazy-freak that he is. DCi, why did you change your tag? I baptised billybats as killbill more than a year ago, so you having that name doesn't seem right.
Although there are exceptions where some EU players will have good connections, in general it just isn't reliable (especially for anyone who lives in the western US.) It's all about making things as fair as possible for everyone involved. If EU players want in, I'm happy to host a separate tourney just for them. Regarding Zippy, he's permbanned. I couldn't let him in even if I wanted to.

As far as my new tag goes, I practice martial arts (TKD) IRL and it was just a nickname given to me. I figured it would be more appropriate and have more meaning here on a fighting game forum than DCIguy which relates to something I haven't been affiliated with in a long time.

You said the same thing last tournament. Why don't you just sign up and leave everything else to MKillBill.