What's new

Escaping Jump Stomp Mixup

Edgar Inc

B3 everything
This may not be new, But its just something I stumbled across while messing around on ladder mode.Just figured id make a post just incase anyone else had the same problem. When playing Sheevas online, for the life of me I couldn't escape jump stomp mixups. I always managed to guess wrong and get hit. But when messing around on ladder, I found out that you can neutral jump punch sheeva right out of it, so rather than you having to guess, you can just begin your own combo. Feel free to correct me if this isn't new. I haven't tested it out on enhanced jump stomp though, that may still be safe.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
This may not be new, But its just something I stumbled across while messing around on ladder mode.Just figured id make a post just incase anyone else had the same problem. When playing Sheevas online, for the life of me I couldn't escape jump stomp mixups. I always managed to guess wrong and get hit. But when messing around on ladder, I found out that you can neutral jump punch sheeva right out of it, so rather than you having to guess, you can just begin your own combo. Feel free to correct me if this isn't new. I haven't tested it out on enhanced jump stomp though, that may still be safe.
While it isnt new, it's excrutiatingly harsh to do so online :/

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
The answer is always neutral jump punch. No matter which way she drops you will spike her down for a ground bounce combo, even if she goes behind it will auto-correct.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It even works on :ex Telestomp ... so much for armor.

Good luck doing it online... I haven't beat an online Sheeva yet because I can't time a god damn thing lol

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
The answer is always neutral jump punch. No matter which way she drops you will spike her down for a ground bounce combo, even if she goes behind it will auto-correct.
Apparently it doesn't apply online. Lag + Jump Stomp = More salty than a sailor...unless you're Shang, Sektor or Baraka.