What's new

Ermac | Ways in Applying Max Pressure?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
After watching [MENTION=4675]CD jr[/MENTION] he pointed out an awesome strategy that has been there the whole time and I have never seen anyone do it like him...

I still might make a small video on this, but Ermac's 3,1, lift, JP*TP... you usually do 2,2 push, right?

Instead, add pressure by 3,1, lift, JP*TP to F4.... simple and genius... or am I just new to this? lol

zaf

professor
metzos, kilphil, a lot of us ermacs have been using the f4 reset for a long time now.
kind of old news lol.

i have actually been using this since i have heard of ermacs infinite in vanilla patch.
after a combo, ermac could end it in f4 and there was enough hitstun to do a b2 and keep this loop going.
but i decided i would keep doing this and just pressure after instead of going for the infinite.
so its been months now that this is in my bag of tricks, as well as others i am sure
just sucks i do not get to go to tourneys since i live in canada and no one plays here.
and i do not have as much access to making videos as id like, so nothing gets seen.

another good way to mix up the pressure is to actually do Ermac's 3,1, lift, JP*TP... you usually do 2,2 push.
whiff a teleport after the push ( think of what smoke players do, after an air throw how they teleport to you)
and continue to pressure.

this will be included in my video i am making, both the teleport and f4 =P
so no worries.

these are a lot of other ways to keep the pressure going which i will speak about and show in my video.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
metzos, kilphil, a lot of us ermacs have been using the f4 reset for a long time now.
kind of old news lol.

i have actually been using this since i have heard of ermacs infinite in vanilla patch.
after a combo, ermac could end it in f4 and there was enough hitstun to do a b2 and keep this loop going.
but i decided i would keep doing this and just pressure after instead of going for the infinite.
so its been months now that this is in my bag of tricks, as well as others i am sure
just sucks i do not get to go to tourneys since i live in canada and no one plays here.
and i do not have as much access to making videos as id like, so nothing gets seen.

another good way to mix up the pressure is to actually do Ermac's 3,1, lift, JP*TP... you usually do 2,2 push.
whiff a teleport after the push ( think of what smoke players do, after an air throw how they teleport to you)
and continue to pressure.

this will be included in my video i am making, both the teleport and f4 =P
so no worries.

these are a lot of other ways to keep the pressure going which i will speak about and show in my video.
when your video is done, be sure to PM it to me.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
After watching [MENTION=4675]CD jr[/MENTION] he pointed out an awesome strategy that has been there the whole time and I have never seen anyone do it like him...

I still might make a small video on this, but Ermac's 3,1, lift, JP*TP... you usually do 2,2 push, right?

Instead, add pressure by 3,1, lift, JP*TP to F4.... simple and genius... or am I just new to this? lol
I told you that last time we were on aim... lol

zaf

professor
yup no prob storms i will, should be out this week

so far everything looks good for nec so far. i should still be able to go and stay in your room.
when i am there i can teach you millions of stuff with ermac
the hotel room will be like a hyperbolic time chamber

zaf

professor
also try this storms

to maximize the damage do this string

Here is the original : 3,1, lift, JP*TP to F4

Here is mine : 3,1, lift, JP*TP dash 3,1 to F4

TO get this to link, do the normal bnb. Do NOT use 22, instead use 3,1.
After the 3,1 do not dash just do the f4 from the same spot you are standing.
3,1 is cancel-able so it does allow f4 to come out in time.
If you dash after the 3,1 to try and do f4 the opponent drops and f4 whiffs.

This is nothing big, just more damage for the reset.

I was just wondering if it was because does F4 even give advantage? I played against an Ermac who would always end his combos in this and I would always be able to :en glow.

zaf

professor
this gives advantage if just f4 hits on its on.
this also gives the same advantage if its done at the end of the combo

i sometimes notice my partner who i train with is able to do a roll with mileena when i attempt to grab after the f4 and this only happens because i was too slow after the f4 to dash in and pressure.

if this is happening when you play this ermac, then the reason for this and the only reason for this is because he is too slow after the f4.

you either get hit by ermac trying to get out, or you stay and block the pressure.

if both of these are not happening and you can do something, he is too slow. just got to practice the timing

EDIT:

if you want to actually test this, go to training.
Have an ermac stand beside jade and just do f4.
Have the ermac dash after the f4 and try to grab. See if you can do ex glow between the time you get hit by f4 and he dashes to you.

you should not be able to get the glow to come out, you should get grabbed each time if this is being performed correctly.

If this is working on the ground, then it should work fine at the end of the combo without interruption.

I know for a fact i only get hit out of the reset when i mess up my timing-execution.