What's new

Ermac Combos and Practice mode glitch? (by STORMS)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
These combos are probably nothing new, but it is my first time ever recording my own... hope you enjoy.

And practice mode clear near the end..?

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I've never seen this happen with Ermac but I've seen something similar happen while practicing poke->dash->choke pressure with Kano and the dummy suddenly did not block the poke.

Error

DF2+R2
In training mode if you attack the dummy right as they get up you're able to hit it before it blocks. It's really upsetting when you think you found an OTG X-Ray combo with Ermac -_-

liked that wall combo, might have to adapt something from it...
In training mode if you attack the dummy right as they get up you're able to hit it before it blocks. It's really upsetting when you think you found an OTG X-Ray combo with Ermac -_-
dummy also thinks 312 safe jumpunch repeat is an infinite lol

leek

Noob
Not related to ermac but related to practice mode.

In training with Cage and Jax, i've noticed that block strings will hit sometimes in the middle. Like with jax and his infinite(is this patched, btw?) 12~gotcha' 12~gotcha.. sometimes it will randomly hit when the cpu is set to always block..

Same with cage and nut punch into 21 21 21 21 21...the cpu will randomly let go of block. it's sort of strange and I don't know the reasoning behind it or why it's happening but it certainly does. Definitely not good for practicing block strings imo..

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
Not related to ermac but related to practice mode.

In training with Cage and Jax, i've noticed that block strings will hit sometimes in the middle. Like with jax and his infinite(is this patched, btw?) 12~gotcha' 12~gotcha.. sometimes it will randomly hit when the cpu is set to always block..

Same with cage and nut punch into 21 21 21 21 21...the cpu will randomly let go of block. it's sort of strange and I don't know the reasoning behind it or why it's happening but it certainly does. Definitely not good for practicing block strings imo..
That happens when cpu runs out of Health bar (you remember you're doing chip dmg to the dummy right? ;) l

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This is a good day for Ermac. TYM's admin's first recorded combo video is with him =D
It'll be even better the day Ermac wins a tournament! Now that will be his day, but administrators making combo vids don't hurt his rep either ;)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I went online to try out some of the tactics I learned in practice mode and the B2 charge cancel has been the best result so far. You can literally just see your opponent freeze in anticipation of your execution of the charge blast. So, if you're close enough to them you obviously have a combo option or a throw.

But first, you need to practice cancelling the charge... practice cancelling it forward and backward... meaning back, back, or forward, forward because I found that even if you're using the charge just as a "taunt", your opponent will freeze once again in anticipation of the blast so what do they do? Block.

Practicing the cencel in both directions is essential because if there is distance between you and your opponent, the cancel, if done in your opponent's direction will essentially have you 'rushing' from the cancel and at this point you have an awesome mind game.

Practicing the cencel in both directions is essential because if there is distance between you and your opponent, the cancel, if done in your opponent's direction will essentially have you 'rushing' from the cancel and at this point you have an awesome mind game.
You can cancel into forward/backwards jumps too

so thats a free combo if they jump back lol

Error

DF2+R2
I'm guilty of this, but it's funny how everyone's reaction to unblockables is "Must, not, let, go, of, block!"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Couldn't make the video last night but gonna try later tonight after work. Also, cancelling in to jumps... doesn't seem to work. To cancel it, in practice mode you NEED to do either F,F or B,B.

Couldn't make the video last night but gonna try later tonight after work. Also, cancelling in to jumps... doesn't seem to work. To cancel it, in practice mode you NEED to do either F,F or B,B.
I'm 99.999% sure it does. You can't do neutral jumps but forward and back jump are both diagonal inputs and according to the game diagonals are also the horizontal inputs as well. I think you just have to be precise in hitting u-f, u-f and not u-f, f, or u-f, u

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I went online to try out some of the tactics I learned in practice mode and the B2 charge cancel has been the best result so far. You can literally just see your opponent freeze in anticipation of your execution of the charge blast. So, if you're close enough to them you obviously have a combo option or a throw.

But first, you need to practice cancelling the charge... practice cancelling it forward and backward... meaning back, back, or forward, forward because I found that even if you're using the charge just as a "taunt", your opponent will freeze once again in anticipation of the blast so what do they do? Block.

It's also great to do near the corner if you have just done a enhanced TK push, it slams them down so that they can't wake up roll out of it. Good time to do the B+2 charge for more damage :)