What's new

Ed Boon: No DLC Stages, 100 Costumes, and More

Little let down on the stage thing. It's bad enough we didn't get an Elm Street stage for Freddy but Kratos got special treatment. Ugh. Still looking forward to the DLC fighters though, costumes I can take or leave.

EDIT: Ed Boon skin for Joker? Oddly fitting.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
100 skins... 100 skins. Okay. I can do this, I mean I have a compulsion to unlock everything in a game anyway, and my being a crazy comic book fan doesn't help, but I can do this.

This isn't going to drive me mad. Nope. Not at all.
I mean it's not like trying to get Elseworld Flash has already made me crazy right? RIGHT!?!

Nah but seriously, I'm going to need a list pinned to the top of this forum on how to unlock everything, I know there's the alt. outfit collection thread but I need like an official guide...

EDIT: Speaking of which, does the Prima guide have a skin unlock bit?

100 skins... 100 skins. Okay. I can do this, I mean I have a compulsion to unlock everything in a game anyway, and my being a crazy comic book fan doesn't help, but I can do this.

This isn't going to drive me mad. Nope. Not at all.
I mean it's not like trying to get Elseworld Flash has already made me crazy right? RIGHT!?!

Nah but seriously, I'm going to need a list pinned to the top of this forum on how to unlock everything, I know there's the alt. outfit collection thread but I need like an official guide...

EDIT: Speaking of which, does the Prima guide have a skin unlock bit?
It tells you how to unlock the alts already on disk.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Gonna go over all of the costumes I know of in the game, so be wary of spoilers, those who don't want to know quite yet.

1-24. 24 primaries
25-48. 24 secondaries
49-51. Arkham Pack
52-54. Red Son Pack
55-57. New 52 Pack
58. Black Lantern Batman
59-62. Flashpoint Pack
63. "Arrow" GA
64. Arkham Harley
65. Batman Beyond Batman
66. Knightfall Bane
67. New 52 Green Lantern
68. Lockdown Superman
69. New 52 Flash
70. Godfall Superman
71. New 52 Nightwing
72. Yellow Lantern
73. New 52 Shazam
74. Boss Grundy
75. Elseworlds' Finest Flash (don't know the official name)
76. Kryptonite Armored Luthor (don't know the official name)

Leaving 24 skins exactly to reach the approximate 100. Unfortunately, I think this may simply be ZOMBIE MODUS, as they say in Germany. Can anyone with the Blackest Night pack confirm that the zombie looks are selected in the same manner as other skins?

There may be a few more than these that remain hidden, but it's highly unlikely that there are ~24 skins we don't know about. And, of course, more may yet come.

My wishlist:

Classic Costumes - All Characters (including DLC) (28 possibly more)
Arkham Asylum - Harley Quinn (1)
Batman Returns - Catwoman (1)
Young Justice - Killer Frost (1)
John Stewart - Green Lantern (1)
Robin - Nightwing (1)
Powerwhore - Superman (1)
Kid Flash - Flash (1)
New 52 - Aquaman (1)

40 Costumes all together. I know they wont all get in but i would be fine with any of these. I mostly want Arkham Asylum Harley and Classic Costumes cause they look awesome :) as for Stages, thats disappointing. I was hoping to see Amusement Mile as a stage. It says "Currently" so if people want stages it could still happen.

And no, the Zombie Mode doesnt count. Its a whole different thing where you can select if you want all characters zombiefied or not. Its like a setting.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Gonna go over all of the costumes I know of in the game, so be wary of spoilers, those who don't want to know quite yet.

1-24. 24 primaries
25-48. 24 secondaries
49-51. Arkham Pack
52-54. Red Son Pack
55-57. New 52 Pack
58. Black Lantern Batman
59-62. Flashpoint Pack
63. "Arrow" GA
64. Arkham Harley
65. Batman Beyond Batman
66. Knightfall Bane
67. New 52 Green Lantern
68. Lockdown Superman
69. New 52 Flash
70. Godfall Superman
71. New 52 Nightwing
72. Yellow Lantern
73. New 52 Shazam
74. Boss Grundy

Leaving 24 skins exactly to reach the approximate 100. Unfortunately, I think this may simply be ZOMBIE MODUS, as they say in Germany. Can anyone with the Blackest Night pack confirm that the zombie looks are selected in the same manner as other skins?

There may be a few more than these that remain hidden, but it's highly unlikely that there are ~24 skins we don't know about. And, of course, more may yet come.
Good observation. Looks like we're not really getting that many more skins. There's more costume on some and then less. It kinda sucks that it's not gonna be an equal amount it seems.

tazzmission

Banned

1-24. 24 primaries
25-48. 24 secondaries
49-51. Arkham Pack
52-54. Red Son Pack
55-57. New 52 Pack
58. Black Lantern Batman
59-62. Flashpoint Pack
63. "Arrow" GA
64. Arkham Harley
65. Batman Beyond Batman
66. Knightfall Bane
67. New 52 Green Lantern
68. Lockdown Superman
69. New 52 Flash
70. Godfall Superman
71. New 52 Nightwing
72. Yellow Lantern
73. New 52 Shazam
74. Boss Grundy

since dc is pushing new 52 and all how do we know we wont get jla beyond skins

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Just read the interview in it's entirety, looks like they are going to do what they did with MK9 and give you free costumes when you download a compatability pack.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Giving away costumes? Does that translate to this...

... For free!?

It goddamn better.

Just read the interview in it's entirety, looks like they are going to do what they did with MK9 and give you free costumes when you download a compatability pack.
Ok. This makes much more sense. I didn't know how Boon was doing his math there, because there can't possibly be 23-24+ other costumes that NO ONE has found in the game yet. I'm glad we're getting more, hopefully for free though. As it should be. I wish they'd be downloaded but you'd still have to earn them somehow, to actually unlock it. Would be more fun that way.