What's new

DIY PS3 Wireless Arcade controller w/ out solder

iammud

Noob
Most of you likely wont care about this since MK players seem to hate arcade controllers. Which is lame since that's how the game was intended to be played. So for those of you who wish to keep it true, I've found a little awesome (and fairly cheap) accessory for you:

Toodles AXISdapter (Toodles is the best name I've ever seen for a game accessory)

What is this you ask? You simply take a sixaxis controller, rip that fucker apart, attach this to it, and you've got an arcade button encoder for the PS3, that's WIRELESS! As well as PC USB/Bluetooth support too. (I can finally get rid of my stupid xbox 360 wireless adapter I'm using on my current wireless arcade controller and use BLOOTOOF! YAY!)

You can cop one of these bad boys over at www.lizardlick.com

I haven't tested one yet, but I've got one on the way. So I'll post some reviews once I've got mine hooked up.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I never use wireless pads when I play, let alone a wireless stick.

But yea, seen these before.

Always go wired tho. You never ever want it to ever be an issue.

iammud

Noob
You insulted my precious wireless! Okay, lemme set this straight; I've always loved wireless (good or bad :x). My ridiculous wireless controller collection will attest to that. I agree old wireless is kinda sketchy, but new wireless is SOOOOO much better.

My buddy claims ps3 sixaxis controller is faster than usb jpac or keyboard... all that in another story when I see the proof.

However, I did get to test a 360 arcade controller that had wireless and wired controllers inside running simultaneously. Wired was already installed, owner was hesitant to pull it till he was sure the wireless was as good. So we ran a bunch of tests hooking boxes up side by side. Oddly enough the launch box we had ran the wireless controller slower, then when reversed you didn't notice. When running new + new box it ran identical. and both hooked up to the same unit always ran identical. really odd results if you ask me, but they were similar enough that he removed the wired controller.

On a side note, umk3 simultaneously is a trip. If you get the same battle plan, using R. smoke you could likely beat the game on both units... I got pretty far a few times but the variables can change so easily and I couldn't get it to synch battle plans before I gave up. Another interesting thing we tried were 2 v 1 matches. Those are WEIRD!

iammud

Noob
john2kx said:
No soldering? But I love soldering! :\
After 15+ years of modifications to everything I own, 5+ of those years were spent doing it professionally, it's safe to say I'm over soldering. I'm likely going to be all MJ Foxish with some Parkinsons before I die. That is if I don't do it up Kurt Cobain or Janis Joplin style first :laugh:

Secondly, ps3 uses RoHS compliant lead-free solder. For an arcade controller that gets beaten to shit, lead-free = baaaaad.

ZAQ

Noob
Completely found this by accident today, pretty funny.

http://www.cajunspecialtymeats.com/browse.cfm/turducken/fowl-de-cochon/4 said:
Fowl De Cochon

Turducken not extreme enough for you? Try the Fowl de Cochon (Pig Turducken) - a boneless pig stuffed with a Turducken (Turkey, Duck, Chicken, Cajun Sausage) and loads of our famous cornbread dressing. Averages 50-60 lbs and feeds approximately 50-60 people. We must have a two week notice for this item. Please note, the dimensions of the Fowl de Cochon measure approximately 36" in length and 12" around. This is larger than conventional ovens.
Cooking Instructions said:
Thawing Instructions:
The Fowl De Cochon must thaw thoroughly before cooking. For best results, remove from box and thaw in an ice chest on ice for approximately 72 hours.

Cooking Instructions:
Bake at 225 uncovered for approximately 8 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
The pig kinda ruins the whole fowl theme (sorry muslims, jews and mulsim/jews) but it sounds incredibly awesome. 50-60 lbs of awesome. The 'cajun-ness' would have to be just right though.

iammud

Noob
I've never eaten pork, and after killing a few and seeing those massive tumors most of them have, I'm not about to start either. So no Foul De Cockon Cockoff for me

the xcm is gay because you have to use the usb cord with the ps3 it isn't wireless. I want that wireless arcade stick but I don't want to fuck up a good ps3 controller I wonder if you could use a cheapo controller? I bought a ps3 controller from a pawn shop for 5 bucks its good and wireless but not bluetooth it comes with a usb plug, it works good though. I would rip that apart because it's only 5 bucks fuck it but a ps3 controller costs like 50 bucks new.

iammud

Noob
you need a sixaxis or certain dualshock 3 controllers to run the axisdapter... you can score sixaxis controllers for cheap, I had a pseudo broken one sitting around that worked perfectly