What's new

Deciphering MKX intro dialogue (Kombat Tether recordings)

So The Kombat Tether posted this link about half an hour ago or so. In this link is a bunch of recorded dialogues between characters, The Kombat Tether are trying to get people to decipher it all so that we can all learn more about the story through the tid-bits of information the intros have given us.

So as someone that prides themselves on knowing all the MK lore they can, I thought I'd post this here in case no one else has and in hope that someone could take this bits of audio and edit them so that all we here is the dialogue. A bit of a stretch probably, but worth a shot, I suppose.

https://soundcloud.com/thekombattether/cassiekano?in=thekombattether/sets/mortal-kombat-x-dialogue

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Saw this in the comments. Possible Sub Zero identity

Here’s what Kano says in a mirror match: “Well, look who we have here?”/”One of us is a fake!”/”One of us will die!” More intriguing is this interaction between the new Outworld emperor Kotal Kahn, and Ferra/Torr: “Join me!”/”You want enslave our people”/”I wish to restore you!”. And what does Quan Chi have to say to Sub-Zero? “I have your brother’s soul!”. Lastly, Sub-Zero answering a query about him supposedly being frozen in a block of ice: “Unlucky for you I decided to thaw out!”.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Ferra/Torr: "[something that's probably We but sounds like gay] remember lightning" *Torr rawrs*
Raiden: "Then you know I can help you."
Ferra/Torr: "[possibly Daddy?!] Torr [a word/phrase in possibly some sort of Outworldian language]"

Saw this in the comments. Possible Sub Zero identity

Here’s what Kano says in a mirror match: “Well, look who we have here?”/”One of us is a fake!”/”One of us will die!” More intriguing is this interaction between the new Outworld emperor Kotal Kahn, and Ferra/Torr: “Join me!”/”You want enslave our people”/”I wish to restore you!”. And what does Quan Chi have to say to Sub-Zero? “I have your brother’s soul!”. Lastly, Sub-Zero answering a query about him supposedly being frozen in a block of ice: “Unlucky for you I decided to thaw out!”.
That's more than likely Kano that says "Unlucky for you I decided to thaw out" to Sub-Zero. Kuai Liang froze him near the end of MK 9 before his fight with Goro and Kintaro.

Whether or not this Sub-Zero is Kuai Liang or Bi-Han is the question here. The "I have your brother's soul" points towards Kuai Liang being resurrected or Bi-Han being purified by the Soulnado he was kicked into.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
That's more than likely Kano that says "Unlucky for you I decided to thaw out" to Sub-Zero. Kuai Liang froze him near the end of MK 9 before his fight with Goro and Kintaro.

Whether or not this Sub-Zero is Kuai Liang or Bi-Han is the question here. The "I have your brother's soul" points towards Kuai Liang being resurrected or Bi-Han being purified by the Soulnado he was kicked into.
*Plot Twist*
There was a third brother. :DOGE

I really can't see this SZ being Bi-Han or Kuai Liang, Bi-Han is a wraith and the other is a cyborg. That, and and I'm pretty sure the MKX Sub is voiced by Steve Blum, and I don't believe he voiced either Sub Zero in MK9.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
I was just thinking, what if when Sub-Zero says to Raiden"fear their powers" he is talking about the elder gods? What if with the destruction that happened the Elder God's are against Raiden yet he continues to go against what they say? Meaning Subby might have been brought back to be their Champion?