What's new

Strategy Dealing with instant air fireballs

Flagg

Noob
CSZ, despite what the critics say, is a solid character, and against characters like Sonya, Cage and Kung Lao he's on quite an equal setting. Characters like Freddy and Raiden he destroys.

However, his whole game changes when you face a Kabal, Kitana, Mileena or even Lui Kang and Sindel. Anyone that has an air fireball becomes an instant nightmare for him. I'm beginnning to think that Mileenas air fireball is better than Kitana's...if you time it well you can slide under Kitanas air fan and catch her as she lands, you have to time it well. Mileena just seems to stay in the air forever.

I'm sick of all this "pick someone that they struggle with".

How will this game better evolve if people don't find ways around tough match ups? Sorry, I don't want to learn Cage to deal with Kitana or Mileena nor should I feel i need to have a pocket Jax to deal with Kabal.

Mobility has always been his biggest weakness. We know his teleport is garbage. I feel the CSZ community needs to look at ways of getting around the garbage that is instant air fireball. People say that zoming is overrated in this game....well, not if you have an air fireball it isn't. I feel the dash nerf hurt him as well. He has the fastest dash in the game, but the dash nerf means he'll eat fireballs all day.

At this point, if CSZ doesn't get his teleport improved or some sort of armour, then those match ups with the above mentioned are going to always be really hard unless we find ways around it.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
I start to believe there is no way around, you just have to get in even if it costs you life and a breaker and start to kick that mothafucka in the face.
More technically: you will lose health due to the chip damage, but if you are close enough ppl will start to play upclose game and here you have the advantage with your normal mixups and with parry - en: parry.
Kabal IAGB and saw mixup is a dashblock game and against the saw you can use divekick as short, small and unpunishable jump. Upclose game is well balanced against him or so.
Kitana will eventually want to get to the other side of the screen, when you see this at the half on her way just divekick and you get in a good position to kick that bitch. ^^
Mileena is okay, the chip damage is not that much, and you can punish all of her mostly used specials on block. You have to bait that out.
And so on... yes, he is shit in that, and iceballs are not much of a help (more like a prevention tool) but shines elsewhere, so you have to get in at all costs.

NKZero

Noob
CSZ, despite what the critics say, is a solid character, and against characters like Sonya, Cage and Kung Lao he's on quite an equal setting. Characters like Freddy and Raiden he destroys.
I wanna ask (not question) why CSZ beats Raiden? I have an idea but I would like to hear from someone who plays the match-up? Does Sonya in a similar way present the same difficulties towards Raiden?

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
I wanna ask (not question) why CSZ beats Raiden? I have an idea but I would like to hear from someone who plays the match-up? Does Sonya in a similar way present the same difficulties towards Raiden?
If you block a string from Raiden some of them can be interrupted with en:parry giving you a full combo. Though Raidens know that now, but because of the slow startups you can do it on reaction. The divekick tracks the teleport and jumped over supermans. Other than that parry nulifies teleport mixup and projectiles can be punished always. The only problem would be the superman but CSZ can cancel dash anytime makes it easy to block and punish.