What's new

cyber sub corner 50 meterless

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Nice stuff, great to see new things being discovered and shared with the community and the games been out almost a year now. Mad Props to yah !

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
And? When did I say the U4 bomb crossup reset isn't good? I think it's great; I gave him props for it as well, so don't even try to tell me I've ever downplayed it. I just think finding a realistic way to boost his BnB corner damage by SIX PERCENT is a bigger deal. The only issue I have with J360's crossup reset is that it's extremely difficult to time it if your opponent rolls out, and you really have nothing to deter them from doing so. Nothing except my reset, that is, and that's actually the same reason I think J360's reset is so good: Once they respect both options, it becomes a guessing game, because J360's crossup reset beats many wakeups my reset will not, while my reset can't be escaped by blocking, jumping out or rolling. I actually thought it was really cool that he developed the crossup U4 bomb reset completely independent of mine, yet they compliment one another so well.

If my guide isn't done by the end of the week, I'm just going to post the reset here. I've been saving it for the guide since November, but now that I've gone public about it, I can only keep hiding it for so long. All I'm going to tell you is that the greater reset amounts to 68% damage. It IS an escapable reset, but the only way to beat it is by doing a wakeup, and if Cyber Sub blocks it, he can still reset you. The way it works is comparable to Maxter's corner reset with Noob: He can D4 to pin you on a portal if he thinks you're going to block or jump out, or he can block your wakeup to pin you on it if he thinks you're going to try and get out with an invincible wakeup. It's a straight 50-50, and he resets you as long as he guesses right. This reset works almost EXACTLY the same way, except it's possible from midscreen. I won't go into further detail, as I don't want to spoil it too much, but it'll be posted for all to see by sunday at the very latest.

Bold words from a guy who dropped the character after months of complaining about all the buffs he needs, by the way.
And? When did I say the U4 bomb crossup reset isn't good? I think it's great; I gave him props for it as well, so don't even try to tell me I've ever downplayed it. I just think finding a realistic way to boost his BnB corner damage by SIX PERCENT is a bigger deal. The only issue I have with J360's crossup reset is that it's extremely difficult to time it if your opponent rolls out, and you really have nothing to deter them from doing so. Nothing except my reset, that is, and that's actually the same reason I think J360's reset is so good: Once they respect both options, it becomes a guessing game, because J360's crossup reset beats many wakeups my reset will not, while my reset can't be escaped by blocking, jumping out or rolling. I actually thought it was really cool that he developed the crossup U4 bomb reset completely independent of mine, yet they compliment one another so well.

If my guide isn't done by the end of the week, I'm just going to post the reset here. I've been saving it for the guide since November, but now that I've gone public about it, I can only keep hiding it for so long. All I'm going to tell you is that the greater reset amounts to 68% damage. It IS an escapable reset, but the only way to beat it is by doing a wakeup, and if Cyber Sub blocks it, he can still reset you. The way it works is comparable to Maxter's corner reset with Noob: He can D4 to pin you on a portal if he thinks you're going to block or jump out, or he can block your wakeup to pin you on it if he thinks you're going to try and get out with an invincible wakeup. It's a straight 50-50, and he resets you as long as he guesses right. This reset works almost EXACTLY the same way, except it's possible from midscreen. I won't go into further detail, as I don't want to spoil it too much, but it'll be posted for all to see by sunday at the very latest.

Bold words from a guy who dropped the character after months of complaining about all the buffs he needs, by the way.
Bold words? hardly, i dont see why you have to take every post made as a downright negative, and whats the point in bringing up that Glue doesnt main the character anymore?

Altaire

Noob
Mustard, I'm not trying to start anything with you or any of the other UK players. My issue with Glue is that he's been making snide, tongue-in-cheek jabs at me for months, and I think it's really petty. I always gave him due credit for his contributions, and I particularly commended him for the Glue Trap and the F2 2 1 close bomb setup. My first problem with him began in this thread:

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/guide-update.9808/#post-190880

Let's break this down, here: Foxy had the gall to propose that "the entire CSZ playstyle" came from Glue, as though none of us have done our own thing with the character or made him our own. I'd been playing Cyber Sub since launch, even if I didn't start maining him until around May or early June. When I simply said "no", Glue gave me a snotty, overly sarcastic remark to suggest that his "efforts aren't appreciated". ALL I did was deny that the entire, and I stress ENTIRE, playstyle is owed to him. I built my Cyber Sub from the ground up, and to my understanding, so did J360 and Pig. This is no different than when Shoryuken called out Tom Brady for Tom's claim that he developed the entire Sub-Zero playstyle that everyone is using, and of course, no one had a problem with that while everyone lynched me for this. Shory had a right to be offended because even at a glance, it was never hard to tell that he played Sub nothing like Tom, and in the same vein, I was pretty pissed that two of the UK players were implying I based on my style on one of their own, rather than developing the character in my own way. When I called Glue on this, all he did was try to play the victim. He'd write it off by saying "Well, I never said any of that". Come the fuck on, man. It was pretty blatantly implied. Just to recap, Foxy suggested every Cyber Sub's style came from Glue, I said "no", and Glue responded with a sarcastic remark that implied I didn't appreciate his contributions enough. This is in direct response to me saying nothing more than that he didn't come up with the ENTIRE style, that everyone didn't base their Cyber Sub on his.

I've never had a problem with you, Mustard, or any of the other UK players apart from Glue and Foxy. I know you're just trying to stick up for your own and I can't fault you for it, but really, you tell me how I'm supposed to respond to that. Tell me how I'm supposed to react to Glue's behavior in that thread. I felt it was pompous, ignorant and downright insulting. J360 has been playing him in east coast tournament since the game came out and he's never taken credit for anyone else's Cyber Sub, so what gives Glue the right?

Just to clarify, I PMed Glue after the incident in this topic, once I'd cooled off a little. I tried to reason with him in a civil, rational manner, and I told him that there's no reason we couldn't settle our differences and work it out. I also told him that I found a way to sticky both of our guides at once, because the ONLY reason I didn't want to sticky two of them is to avoid cluttering the board with too many sticky topics. I still plan on implementing this, and it'll be put into effect with the release of my guide. I explained the situation to him, and he refused my offer. He said he didn't care about getting a sticky for his guide anymore, and he didn't want to try and make amends. He then accused me of talking behind his back. I basically said "Look, I can't ever recall talking about you behind your back, so if someone's said so, I want to know who it was and what they accused me of saying, because if someone is spreading lies about me, I have a right to know who it is." He never responded, period. I'm not going to drop names, but I'm already pretty sure I know who it was; CD Jr told me that the same person had told him all sorts of lies about me (CD Jr is a good friend of mine, so he damn well knows me better than to fall for B-grade slander). I could easily see the same person trying to turn Glue against me, but again, I'm not going to implicate anyone without proof. The point is, I approached Glue in a civil, rational manner and tried to reconcile, but he wouldn't have any of it. I'll just let that speak for itself.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
In the past 2 months J360 and pimpimjim have increased the amount of hate mail i have received w CSZ

the 50% and the u4 loop (escapable by some)

thanks to you guys

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i cant give an input on anything i dont see or understand, i can see how you came to your conclusions as i see how glue did too, i only go by what i see on the public threads.

i dont have a problem with you either, i dont actually think i have a problem with anyone in this community anymore lol.

Mustard, I'm not trying to start anything with you or any of the other UK players. My issue with Glue is that he's been making snide, tongue-in-cheek jabs at me for months, and I think it's really petty. I always gave him due credit for his contributions, and I particularly commended him for the Glue Trap and the F2 2 1 close bomb setup. My first problem with him began in this thread:

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/guide-update.9808/#post-190880

Let's break this down, here: Foxy had the gall to propose that "the entire CSZ playstyle" came from Glue, as though none of us have done our own thing with the character or made him our own. I'd been playing Cyber Sub since launch, even if I didn't start maining him until around May or early June. When I simply said "no", Glue gave me a snotty, overly sarcastic remark to suggest that his "efforts aren't appreciated". ALL I did was deny that the entire, and I stress ENTIRE, playstyle is owed to him. I built my Cyber Sub from the ground up, and to my understanding, so did J360 and Pig. This is no different than when Shoryuken called out Tom Brady for Tom's claim that he developed the entire Sub-Zero playstyle that everyone is using, and of course, no one had a problem with that while everyone lynched me for this. Shory had a right to be offended because even at a glance, it was never hard to tell that he played Sub nothing like Tom, and in the same vein, I was pretty pissed that two of the UK players were implying I based on my style on one of their own, rather than developing the character in my own way. When I called Glue on this, all he did was try to play the victim. He'd write it off by saying "Well, I never said any of that". Come the fuck on, man. It was pretty blatantly implied. Just to recap, Foxy suggested every Cyber Sub's style came from Glue, I said "no", and Glue responded with a sarcastic remark that implied I didn't appreciate his contributions enough. This is in direct response to me saying nothing more than that he didn't come up with the ENTIRE style, that everyone didn't base their Cyber Sub on his.

I've never had a problem with you, Mustard, or any of the other UK players apart from Glue and Foxy. I know you're just trying to stick up for your own and I can't fault you for it, but really, you tell me how I'm supposed to respond to that. Tell me how I'm supposed to react to Glue's behavior in that thread. I felt it was pompous, ignorant and downright insulting. J360 has been playing him in east coast tournament since the game came out and he's never taken credit for anyone else's Cyber Sub, so what gives Glue the right?

Just to clarify, I PMed Glue after the incident in this topic, once I'd cooled off a little. I tried to reason with him in a civil, rational manner, and I told him that there's no reason we couldn't settle our differences and work it out. I also told him that I found a way to sticky both of our guides at once, because the ONLY reason I didn't want to sticky two of them is to avoid cluttering the board with too many sticky topics. I still plan on implementing this, and it'll be put into effect with the release of my guide. I explained the situation to him, and he refused my offer. He said he didn't care about getting a sticky for his guide anymore, and he didn't want to try and make amends. He then accused me of talking behind his back. I basically said "Look, I can't ever recall talking about you behind your back, so if someone's said so, I want to know who it was and what they accused me of saying, because if someone is spreading lies about me, I have a right to know who it is." He never responded, period. I'm not going to drop names, but I'm already pretty sure I know who it was; CD Jr told me that the same person had told him all sorts of lies about me (CD Jr is a good friend of mine, so he damn well knows me better than to fall for B-grade slander). I could easily see the same person trying to turn Glue against me, but again, I'm not going to implicate anyone without proof. The point is, I approached Glue in a civil, rational manner and tried to reconcile, but he wouldn't have any of it. I'll just let that speak for itself.
Me and J360 have both openly admitted to copying Glue's playstyle.... Pig has even hinted at it in a couple of streams...