What's new

Tech Crossup/Non-Crossup ver 1.06

I made a new thread for this, since the last thread had outdated information and was focused on trying to get a similar setup, and I've done that with this tech

Later in this video, when I say "B12 whiffs so use these setups instead", I demonstrate two new ways to setup the ambiguous cross-up setup from hook charge post patch. In case you didn't know now, b12 xx Hook Charge MB doesn't link anymore, due to the 3 frame reduction of startup on Hook Charge. And, unlike the b12 xx Hook Charge setup, these two setups will hit on the entire cast. It is NOT character specific or distance specific. The only trade off is, it's not unclashable like the b12 xx Hook Charge MB setup, as you are using a normal Hook Charge.

The notation for the two setups are as follows:

Czar Toss MB, B3, Hook Charge

and

B2U1, 3 xx Czar Toss MB, B3, Hook Charge.

For the first one, you have to catch the opponent rebounding from the bounce in B3. For the second, you want to delay your B3 and input Hook Charge as soon as you can after B3 hits. Linking 3 xx Czar Toss on big bodies requires different timing compared to the rest of the cast, so be sure to practice that.

Chaosphere
Lord Hollow
AK Stormthegates
Red Venom
BGMD
JustPressingButtons

and any other Lobo players that I'm forgetting should have a look at this tech and see if they can expand upon it or find similar ways to set this up.

Have you tried this one, it's seemed (I don't have console atm, so I can't check if it works on everyone) easier to time it...

I'm trying it right now and the opponent is recovering before I can jump. This seems really inconsistent, man. I've tested it on Catwoman and Bane and they both get up quicker than they do in my setup.

BGMD

Noob
I'm trying it right now and the opponent is recovering before I can jump. This seems really inconsistent, man. I've tested it on Catwoman and Bane and they both get up quicker than they do in my setup.
Actually I have noticed that too and wanted to ask about it, at the time I thought it's a some side effect of faster hook charge...
I had very limited time to test everything as I'm forced to alternate xbox beetwen me and a friend... nevermind then
but I don't see any reason why should HC behave like that in any instance, really weird stuff

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Good stuff, Cage.
Also, I'd appreciate it to be tagged in any new threads by all ye Lobros please :cool:

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I was sad to see that set-up go, glad there's still a variation of it.
Also, sexy song.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Does all his ambiguous set-ups involve the B3 in the middle of the combo?
Any that do not involve it?
It is a pain to connect with it online.

Does all his ambiguous set-ups involve the B3 in the middle of the combo?
Any that do not involve it?
It is a pain to connect with it online.

Czar Toss MB, D2, immediate hook charge is another way to set this up, but pretty much everyone agreed that it's not worth sacrificing the damage you tend to get from a Czar Toss MB. B2U1, D2, immediate hook charge also works, but again, you're doing 21% for a setup that can be blocked instead of doing 50% into a different setup.