What's new

Chris G Wins Next Level Battle Circuit #16

sea_guy

Monitor
Oh and shoutouts to Chris for busting out a couple of hype Fortress of Solitude combos with the phantom zone gun, I'd never even seen that thing used before.

Fortress of solitude has the hypest combos, period
It's gunna be sick when people start doing 80 percent off of meter burn left corner interactable after getting mauled
In that sense the stage is kinda imbalanced, the left corner is seriously ridiculous

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
How the heck is this a win for the Marvel community when Chris G plays both games??...More of a wash if you ask me.

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
Saw that yesterday...good stuff to my man Chris. As a person who mains Capcom games myself, I don't really buy into the whole MK vs Capcom stuff...we are all fighting game enthusiasts let's all enjoy this cool ass game!!
The cold, hard truth is that Capcom games are more difficult to play. They are far more technical and and the inputs on combos are much more strict. This is coming from a fan of NRS games, but I won't deny that SS4 and Umvc3 are much more difficult, which is why players who have played Capcom games their whole lives will transition much easier to Injustice that NRS players transitioning to Capcom games.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
The cold, hard truth is that Capcom games are more difficult to play. They are far more technical and and the inputs on combos are much more strict. This is coming from a fan of NRS games, but I won't deny that SS4 and Umvc3 are much more difficult, which is why players who have played Capcom games their whole lives will transition much easier to Injustice that NRS players transitioning to Capcom games.
Why? because of back to block? or is it "fighting game fundamentals"? MK guys seemed to transition just fine, and personally I don't buy for a minute that one community transitioned easier than the other.

Stchamps

Why? because of back to block? or is it "fighting game fundamentals"? MK guys seemed to transition just fine, and personally I don't buy for a minute that one community transitioned easier than the other.
Have you played SS4 Umvc3? When it comes to inputs, combos are far harder to do in those games than in MK or Injustice. I can spend an hour in training mode with a character in MK/Injustice and do all his BnB's and usually even optimal combos, but on the other hand I can spend weeks trying to do a BnB combo in Umvc3 and be unable to come close to executing a BnB. I spent days trying to do Magneto's hyper grav loop but gave up because it is well beyond my ability, and SS4's one frame links are a bit too much for me. And when it comes to technical aspects, SS4 is incredibly deep with respect to the footsie and vortex game, and Umvc3's mixup game is pretty absurd as well. I'm more of a fan of playing NRS games because I don't feel like spending hours upon hours in training mode, but I won't deny that Capcom games are more difficult to get good at.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Have you played SS4 Umvc3? When it comes to inputs, combos are far harder to do in those games than in MK or Injustice. I can spend an hour in training mode with a character in MK/Injustice and do all his BnB's and usually even optimal combos, but on the other hand I can spend weeks trying to do a BnB combo in Umvc3 and be unable to come close to executing a BnB. I spent days trying to do Magneto's hyper grav loop but gave up because it is well beyond my ability, and SS4's one frame links are a bit too much for me. And when it comes to technical aspects, SS4 is incredibly deep with respect to the footsie and vortex game, and Umvc3's mixup game is pretty absurd as well. I'm more of a fan of playing NRS games because I don't feel like spending hours upon hours in training mode, but I won't deny that Capcom games are more difficult to get good at.
So what. The difficulty of those games is irrelevant. The inputs are different, the fighting engine is different.. the only thing that stays the same are basic fundamentals.. and guess what, those are present in any fighting game worth a shit. I'm not trying to dog on you for having that opinion, I'm just saying i disagree. Injustice is its own game, Ive only played marvel and street fighter in passing, never seriously and i've picked up injustice no problem.. better in fact than some of my Capcom fan boy friends. You act like the MK community is going to have to play catch up on the Capcom guys in this game, when that's just horse shit. go tell that to REO, Tyrant, and Tom Brady.

Stchamps

So what. The difficulty of those games is irrelevant. The inputs are different, the fighting engine is different.. the only thing that stays the same are basic fundamentals.. and guess what, those are present in any fighting game worth a shit. I'm not trying to dog on you for having that opinion, I'm just saying i disagree. Injustice is its own game, Ive only played marvel and street fighter in passing, never seriously and i've picked up injustice no problem.. better in fact than some of my Capcom fan boy friends. You act like the MK community is going to have to play catch up on the Capcom guys in this game, when that's just horse shit. go tell that to REO, Tyrant, and Tom Brady.
I never said that the top MK players are going to have a hard to learning Injustice. I said that I think Capcom players will transition to Injustice easier than MK players could transition to Capcom games. I didn't realize just how difficult Capcom games are until I tried them.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I never said that the top MK players are going to have a hard to learning Injustice. I said that I think Capcom players will transition to Injustice easier than MK players could transition to Capcom games. I didn't realize just how difficult Capcom games are until I tried them.
Your original post quoted someone who was downplaying the capcom/MK community thing. I got the impression you were hinting at capcom players likely being better at the game. My bad.