What's new

Match-up Discussion Capt.O2's Lobo MU Chart [Updated 1/19\15)

Not to defend breaking wordz because frankly he is a dick head, but are you saying because he's online he's not good? Just curious, I never played the dude because he rubbed me the wrong way in a party chat
No im pretty sure he's not on that. I think @Mr Aquaman, and well frankly a lot of us, are tired of people that don't really go out to locals, regionals, or majors but just stay at home at the comfort of online with lag and stuff but still keep running their mouths when they obviously are kind of clueless lol now im not saying every online player is like that don't get me wrong but ra helios has already said in another thread he doesn't even know what a footsie is, so anything he says honestly im gonna take with a grain of salt lol

Decay

King of the Bill
No im pretty sure he's not on that. I think @Mr Aquaman, and well frankly a lot of us, are tired of people that don't really go out to locals, regionals, or majors but just stay at home at the comfort of online with lag and stuff but still keep running their mouths when they obviously are kind of clueless lol now im not saying every online player is like that don't get me wrong but ra helios has already said in another thread he doesn't even know what a footsie is, so anything he says honestly im gonna take with a grain of salt lol
Lol Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Not to defend breaking wordz because frankly he is a dick head, but are you saying because he's online he's not good? Just curious, I never played the dude because he rubbed me the wrong way in a party chat
Basically what lee said. But also I have played him a lot. And he's not what I would consider a top ares. Its mostly online bs. But I do stick up for the offline scene because that's where merit is proven.

mrKrucifix

Just call me Kruce
Nice write up Cap. I agree with Batman & Sinestro. I don't think we've ever played Grundy v Lobo. We should do that after the next Joker mirror.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Why are you worrying about me so much bruh? Stop worrying about me. I'm here to speak about Mu. If you are not here to speak about mu then leave. I don't want to here how you feel like a female.
Go speak to your mom or something. Don't bring it in this thread.

I'm here to speaking Mu and I'm good enough to do so. And I'm also good enough to make one. Leave your feeling somewhere else bruh.

I find it so funny that a [ban incoming] boy like yourself follow me every post I go to. Sorry I don't need [ban incoming] boy. I know what footsies is. But i can't really explain it. That why I ask what is footsies ?
WUT

Why are you worrying about me so much bruh? Stop worrying about me. I'm here to speak about Mu. If you are not here to speak about mu then leave. I don't want to here how you feel like a female.

I'm here to speaking Mu and I'm good enough to do so. And I'm also good enough to make one. Leave your feeling somewhere else bruh.
Yeah thats just your opinion man lol also this last paragraph made no sense. Usually it's your horrendous grammar and spelling that makes it confusing but this time.....WUT

Reactions: Kyu

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter

I've seen your gameplay. You are bad at injustice. Why do you randomly b3 so much? Scrub tactics

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I've seen your gameplay. You are bad at injustice. Why do you randomly b3 so much? Scrub tactics
I saw your game-play. Your ares is a scrub. I heard you had the best ares. But what I have seen. People in rank matches play wayy better ares then you.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Lol. No comparison. Why do you feel he is as good as me? Online? lol

EDIT: As the true god of war your input now means nothing on any mu chart seeing as how you have no idea what you are looking at or talking about, see me at an offline tournament or stay down.

DOUBLE EDIT: Ultra is more unstable than injustice now lol

TRIPLE EDIT OH SNAP: I got 800$ on oxy mopping up any catwomans he comes accross, bit would go even. Unless oxygen forgot his hat, 7-3 bits favor, i like starcharger too
Oh that "Triple Edit?!

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I actually disagree on the DD number. Can we talk about that or is this thread about to be closed because of Ra Helios?
Do you think its more even or slight DD favor? Ive actually played this mu alot with my 2 week lobo. Curious

E

Eldriken

Yep. Still laughing.

Do you think its more even or slight DD favor? Ive actually played this mu alot with my 2 week lobo. Curious
I personally feel that it's in Doomsday's favor. I would like to know what Saucy Jack thinks about it, however.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
This most likely. How do you feel about DD vs lobo?

@Mikemetroid @Espio @THTB can one of you guys clean the mess Helios made?
I actually think this matchup is even.

Lobo does have to deal with the "typical DD stuff", I agree. Things like corner reversal, wakeup stuffing, etc. I am not making an argument that Lobo doesn't have a hard time once DD gets going. He does.

Also, Lobos jump is floaty so air snatch is a problem, and Lobo doesn't have a great way to stall out DD trait. These are the positives for ol' Doomy. Essentially, these are all things that make other matches 6-4 for DD.

However, Lobo has some critical things that I would argue make this even, because most characters do not have this stuff, or all of them.

1) lobos mid screen neutral options actually give DD a lot of problems. The low hook/ hook charge, grab range where Lobo sets up shop, is exactly where DD wants to set up shop to anti air, or d1 your dash in. The problem is that Lobo doesn't have to dash in or jump like most people at this range, so DD gets stuck having to do a shoulder for lack of options. Otherwise he just guesses, which leads us to:

2) knockdown. Doomsday only has 1 invincible wakeup attack being upshoulder. Lobo has a veritable shit load of ways to avoid this or just block and punish. Up venom gets punished for an ass load on block. Now, the fact that he has an invincible wakeup is fine, I'm not complaining about it. What I'm saying is that in this MU the risk reward is huge in Lobos favor. Lobos oki game is very strong against DD. Against other characters it's whatever that DD only has up venom, but it's nice for Lobo (in comparison to DDs other matches) how much damage he gets for being right.

3) the biggest one of all. The post blocked shoulder game. Lobo plays this better than almost anyone. As we all know, after you block a shoulder, if you read DD will d1, you backdash, if you read DD will chase your backdash, you jab. Well, when Lobo backdashes out of D1, he is EXACTLY where he wants to be, back in the hook charge/low hook range. When lobo jabs and is correct, he can take half life. If lobo is wrong, he takes 12-25 percent depending on the scenario. It's possible for DD to spend a bar to eat a full combo, or to spend a bar to basically give lobo positional advantage. Obviously this is a read and guess thing, but Lobos options are better than almost everyone is the point I'm making.

4) smaller, but still to note...pump shot is good in this match to turtle out DD.

In short, the way I see it, DD has most of the tools available to him in this MU for most of his other 6-4s, but Lobo has critical advantages in common scenarios that others don't have. Given that, I can't say this is DD adv, but even.

Decay

King of the Bill
I like that analysis. I wish I had a doomsday to play offline. Online doomsday is too annoying to get a true feeling for it.
Dd's corner carry does suck though and if you screw up in the mid screen neutral then next thing you know you're in the corner. In theory you could be right about 5-5

E

Eldriken

I like that analysis. I wish I had a doomsday to play offline. Online doomsday is too annoying to get a true feeling for it.
Dd's corner carry does suck though and if you screw up in the mid screen neutral then next thing you know you're in the corner. In theory you could be right about 5-5
I'M SORRY I AM SO ANNOYING ONLINE. ='(

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I really like lobos ability to push block the second part of a MB shoulder than immediatly put dd in the defensive or knocked down with charge low hook follow up. with ares im actually more times than not still on the defensive after trading meter, unless i read another shoulder and tele away in time. Or perfectly time a b1 to beat it out before armor activates. But if i read wrong im in d1 whiff punish range.