What's new

Boxy Has An Idea: Tag Team Matches.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So I had an idea.

Are you ready for it?

Tag Team matches.

...Not as in a Tag Mode, or anything of that nonexistant sort.
See...in my experience thus far, IGAU seems like a MUCH faster paced sort of game - not a lot of Sub-Zero-mirror-level-slowed-down matches to be had, mostly quick to medium sets, no?
And on a completely different sidebar, there's still a void left behind by the near-unviability of Tag Kombat in MK9 as far as competition goes.
And when thinking these things together...it gave me a plan.

Tag Team matches.

Example: Maxter, Pig Of The Hut, Death, and A F0xy Grampa all decide to go out to the bar for tequilla shots. Completely innebriated, the four of them have a valid but near-violent argument over the series ending of the Sopranos, with F0xy and Death accepting of its confusing finale, and Pig and Maxter infuriated by the balls HBO had to let it fly (I'd be on their side.)
So this leaves them with a dilemma; they want a 2 on 2, but there's no tag mode to be had.
So here's what they do.
Start with Max V Death.
Whoever wins faces the next opponent. If they win, their team wins one set. If they lose, the winner faces THEIR teammate, and winner takes the set. 2 outta 3 sets.

We should start doing this.
There's always fun to be had in tacking on the bodies. And the tequilla.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It'd be hype, man. You know this.
My Doomsday and your Superman.
We could be DEATHBOX.

Seriously, though.
The game moves fast enough that something like this could hold attention spans.
The team combinations would be endless.
The matches would be gargantuan.

I can't be alone in thinking this is a good idea.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Or we could all whip out a pen and paper and play theory fighter. Hype.
Theory fighter is for fruit cocktails and light beer.
Nothing tests the mettle of your competitive nature then having to put your faith in someone else.
It's a mindfuck.

I love beer.

And tag team matches.

Someone help me make this happen at ECT.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Oh my goodness you are something else Boxy lol :D.
We have to fight, booboo. I need more Hawkgirl fights before I make the mistake of underrating her.

Seriously, though. It goes on and on.
Boxy + Espio = The ESP Box.
Boxy + RYX = RYBOX. FEED US MORE.
Boxy + Maxter = Maximum Box.
Boxy + Jer = Box Jerky.
Boxy + CD Jr = Super DominiRican Box Jr: The Lost Levels.
Boxy + Quantus (who I still have to have a Hidden Whopper $$$ Match with one day) = Quantum Box, starring Scott Bakula.
Boxy + Enenra = Prometheus & Box.

Tape # 145: Tag Team Matches.

Come on, people. Let's give this fucking game some fire.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Team matches where your team has to take out both the other team's players to win? Yeah I've seen this done with team captains and teams of 5 before. Teams of two would be cool IMO. Say you got a Grundy player and an Arrow player working together. You take out the guy playing Arrow, but then his team mate still has to be taken out to beat them and he roflstomps both you and your partner for the runback.

It'd be cool. Best 2 of 3 or 3 of 5 would work best for each team member's set. One and done then onto their partner would feel kinda sad.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Team matches where your team has to take out both the other team's players to win? Yeah I've seen this done with team captains and teams of 5 before. Teams of two would be cool IMO. Say you got a Grundy player and an Arrow player working together. You take out the guy playing Arrow, but then his team mate still has to be taken out to beat them and he roflstomps both you and your partner for the runback.

It'd be cool. Best 2 of 3 or 3 of 5 would work best for each team member's set. One and done then onto their partner would feel kinda sad.
Exactly! :D
Combining traits and types could turn into a fucking MESS for a team in a hurry (it'd be the usual character lock for winner rules, so I guess the partner coming in could be considered the counter-pick)...say you're Hawkgirl and you find your way around a big sonofabitch like a Lex or a Sinestro, only to find out your next opponent plays Deathstroke or Supes, and you have no choice but to fight the good fight.
But at the same time, if you and your partner play a decent deal of characters between you, and you go down first, you can rely on the knowledge your partner's got someone in their pocket who can put the opposition on their ass. And back and forth it goes.
It's not big and clustered like a 5V5, but it gives more players the chance to get on the board and kick ass, and gives more diversity and flexibility to the amount of characters you could see brought forth under certain circumstances.

Hence: mindfuck.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
It'd be mutually beneficial to find a partner who plays your worst weaknesses then. Green Arrow suffers vs armored dudes who can prevent him from pushing them out to the corner easily or versus people with incredible wakeup who can force him off easily once he's there. It'd likely aid someone like me to nab a person who plays characters with good matchups versus folks like Lex Luthor who can do some damage to my gameplan. Dat corp charge wakeup and armor ruins my day. Superman would be a good partner for me to handle that matchup should I lose since he'd eat their armor alive and he has a different style from GA thats more suited for that.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It'd be mutually beneficial to find a partner who plays your worst weaknesses then. Green Arrow suffers vs armored dudes who can prevent him from pushing them out to the corner easily or versus people with incredible wakeup who can force him off easily once he's there. It'd likely aid someone like me to nab a person who plays characters with good matchups versus folks like Lex Luthor who can do some damage to my gameplan. Dat corp charge wakeup and armor ruins my day. Superman would be a good partner for me to handle that matchup should I lose since he'd eat their armor alive and he has a different style from GA thats more suited for that.
A Grundy + Deathstroke/Black Adam team would be absolutely fuck-all.

Espio

Kokomo
We have to fight, booboo. I need more Hawkgirl fights before I make the mistake of underrating her.

Seriously, though. It goes on and on.
Boxy + Espio = The ESP Box.
Boxy + RYX = RYBOX. FEED US MORE.
Boxy + Maxter = Maximum Box.
Boxy + Jer = Box Jerky.
Boxy + CD Jr = Super DominiRican Box Jr: The Lost Levels.
Boxy + Quantus (who I still have to have a Hidden Whopper $$$ Match with one day) = Quantum Box, starring Scott Bakula.
Boxy + Enenra = Prometheus & Box.

Tape # 145: Tag Team Matches.

Come on, people. Let's give this fucking game some fire.

Feel free to add me on PSN, it's Espio872 :). Although I will say prepare for dat lame game ;_;. I'm also playing Cyborg now haha.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Feel free to add me on PSN, it's Espio872 :). Although I will say prepare for dat lame game ;_;. I'm also playing Cyborg now haha.
Boxy play Deathstroke. Boxy understand lame game.

I want to pick up Grundy just so I can yell CAN'T STOP BOXY whenever I please.

Seriously. Tag team matches. $$$ matches. Bodies on bodies. Come on.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I'd do it. When Scorpion comes out, I'll team up with a KF player and my team will be fire and ice, like the condom. Hopefully the fire sensation is the lube not the herp.