What's new

Bomb Trap [35%, one bar]

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hello everyone,

I came into nice bomb trap while exploring CSZ in the lab looking for new stuff. This is something i havent seen anyone doing or i just missed it. Anyway i wanted to share with all of you guys as this is pretty handy and solid trap though it has risk.

The idea is a SZ clone trap inspiration. Though its not as easy as the clone trap that lasts forever and timing dosent matter at all.

You must be about 3/4 of the screen. You drop short bomb and right after it perform ex-slide. It should freeze your opponent while Subs kick. Then you do 3,4,d4~slide. That brings 35% damage. If the space is not proper opponent will be hit by the explosion giving as a damage between 18%-20%. It is not something that will grant you a win, but its another sneaky trap that your opponent will have to think about.

Side note:
There might be a better juggle after the freeze, but i havent got there yet. This is very fresh. In 5 min i was able to memorize the space in order to get the opponent frozen. In 10 minutes i have a 90% success. But we have to remember that out opponent might move so this will be harder. The fact that we have to perform Ex-slide just right after it makes it kinda easier to get them frozen.

Altaire

Noob
This really won't work. The timing is so tight that your opponent will know to just block low after the bomb comes out, for even one second, and just let it expire. I discovered this months ago, but I realized that there's just no way to make this a viable mindgame. You'll only land this by your opponent's good graces.

Also, the best juggles off a bomb freeze are NJP U4 slide, or 3 4, B2 2 slide. The second one is only necessary when your opponent's juggle state is too high, in which case an NJP out of the bomb freeze will just trigger a splat.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Eeeh...i had these assumptions. Unless this can work from a closer distance it will turn out just the way you put it.

Now regarding the new stuff and all i came into something else. I've been using as a wakeup attack his ex teleport and actually it turns out that 16% damage can be squeeze out of it. Just after the tele-port hit d3~slide. The time window is tight but it is possible.

Flagg

Noob
Sorry to bump an old'ish thread.

A lot of CSZ "bomb traps" are quite situational I find.

Moonspell, I do know for a fact that if you are at full screen and throw a medium bomb, you can perform a Ex Slide afterwards, and the second hit, knocks them through the explosion of the bomb. It only does about 21%, and you have to ask if that is worth it for one bar, but I do know that works.

Altaire

Noob
Sorry to bump an old'ish thread.

A lot of CSZ "bomb traps" are quite situational I find.

Moonspell, I do know for a fact that if you are at full screen and throw a medium bomb, you can perform a Ex Slide afterwards, and the second hit, knocks them through the explosion of the bomb. It only does about 21%, and you have to ask if that is worth it for one bar, but I do know that works.
Is anyone listening? Anyone?

This will NEVER work in a real match setting. Yeah, you can get against the practice dummy with very specific timing; so what? A smart opponent will realize that you need to slide at a very specific time from a very specific distance to kick them into the bomb, and they'll just start momentarily blocking low during that period. There's no mindgame here whatsoever. Cyber Sub has a lot of good situational bomb setups. This isn't one of them.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

This will NEVER work in a real match setting. Yeah, you can get against the practice dummy with very specific timing; so what? A smart opponent will realize that you need to slide at a very specific time from a very specific distance to kick them into the bomb, and they'll just start momentarily blocking low during that period. There's no mindgame here whatsoever. Cyber Sub has a lot of good situational bomb setups. This isn't one of them.
While we're on that subject ive had everyone and their Mother's mother escape from the glue trap

it's glue only, no trap

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA

.................i'm really getting tired of your negative attitude, chill out
I remember your name not for the advice or tips you give, but i remember you for your lack of respect
i know u going say some shit back, but for real, you need to change the way you interact with others

dats it i ain't replying back to u... take a moment and just think about it... end of discussion for me

Flagg

Noob

Pardon me all to Hell, I was just demonstrating to the OP something that work in a purely hypothetical situation! I've never used that myself in a match because being in a set up like that, then hoping for some reason they wont block my slide coming across full screen is highly unlikely. Like I said, a lot of his "traps" are situational at best and even if what I said was viable, I would never waste one bar for 21% of damage like that.

If anything, I rarely use his ex moves unless im sitting on 3 bars, and then I might waste a bar as CSZ can build meter pretty quickly.

Altaire

Noob
The TYM catch 22: Either sugarcoat everything so no one listens to you, or put it bluntly so they think you're an asshole. Oh well, if that's what it takes...

While we're on that subject ive had everyone and their Mother's mother escape from the glue trap

it's glue only, no trap
I've actually tagged quite a few people with it, but you really need to feel your opponent out. Sometimes, throwing far bomb -> mid bomb can throw them off a little, just so they don't necessarily always expect you to do an X-ray. Remember, the purpose of the glue trap isn't so much the damage as it is the deterrent. Your aim is to make your opponent respect the glue trap enough that he'll be hesitant to stay at fullscreen distance whenever you have a far bomb out, because as you know, Cyber Sub is useless at fullscreen distance; if they're about 4/5ths screen distance, you can reaction divekick, and the glue trap pushes them closer to that range.

The glue trap is a great setup, you just need to find a way to incorporate it into your game. You're the supreme mindfuck player, you ought to be able to make better use of it than anyone. Just keep messing around with it, I'm sure you'll find a way to capitalize on it.

P.S. Rarely using Cyber Sub's EX moves can only hurt his game. In fact, how you use his EX moves can make or break you in a lot of his matchups, and I'm sure Pig would back me up on that one.

Pig Of The Hut

Pardon me all to Hell, I was just demonstrating to the OP something that work in a purely hypothetical situation! I've never used that myself in a match because being in a set up like that, then hoping for some reason they wont block my slide coming across full screen is highly unlikely. Like I said, a lot of his "traps" are situational at best and even if what I said was viable, I would never waste one bar for 21% of damage like that.

If anything, I rarely use his ex moves unless im sitting on 3 bars, and then I might waste a bar as CSZ can build meter pretty quickly.
Hey maybe his words wern not chosen correctly but really what altaire was saying is this isnt applicable in a match

totally cool to know though

Flagg

Noob
Look no harm no foul fellas.

I came to this site because I hear the competition is top notch, hence the information is going to be top notch.

I just picked up CSZ so I want learn and explore every avenue with the character, what works and what doesn't.

It's all cool. :)

Altaire

Noob

I came to this site because I hear the competition is top notch, hence the information is going to be top notch.

I just picked up CSZ so I want learn and explore every avenue with the character, what works and what doesn't.

Yeah, I'm not trying to shit on you by any means, I just really don't want people to rely on gimmicks with Cyber Sub. From all my time playing this character, I've noticed that most of the people who pick him up and fail to stick with him just aren't playing him right. I think he's a great character, with a lot of tools and a lot of great setups, even in spite of some crippling problems. I just want to see to it that he's being played right, so the people who try to pick him up don't sell him short and write him off. No one is playing this character, and that's a real shame.

Pig Of The Hut

welcome and always ask if you have questions

honestly that was perceived wrongly above

we all love each other here for the most part LOL

Pig Of The Hut

Sorry to hear that it isn't working for you.
Its a waste man, there many other ways to use 3 bars when it doesnt even work all the time. too many characters have outs and hell someone just dashed forward and blocked w sonya and sektor other day

I do it all the time to completely rule it out.

Rather save meter for other things including breaker :(

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Weird, at 5:18 You landed it perfectly in this offline tourney match. It was referred to as the pig trap on there too. I personally don't care about what it's called as much as your friends do, I just care that it's viable, and it can work when read.

Pig Of The Hut

Weird, at 5:18 You landed it perfectly in this offline tourney match. It was referred to as the pig trap on there too. I personally don't care about what it's called as much as your friends do, I just care that it's viable, and it can work when read.

Commentators were wrong, I refer to something else as the pig trap and I troll the glue trap sooo hard only because I hate it and love it. It's basically a risk that works part of the time because u can get out if it but I love trying it and f ing hate it when it's fails.

I constantlyJoke all about it at sessions and tournaments and when I hit it I go nuts, it's turned into a Mk sensation like TEBOWING (TEBOWING.com)

I don't call your find/creation/trap the pig trap. That's disrespectful.

I do however love it when it hits, f ing hate it when it doesn't but have fun talking about it nonetheless

Pig Of The Hut

FTR pig trap:

Close bomb, then for some reason people like to jump in to get close, ex dive (they block), bomb freezes....3 4 b2 2 slide

Also off u 4 med bomb cancel throw out ex freeZe and pushback of ex freeze pushes them into bomb on wakeup

UsedForGlue

Commentators were wrong, I refer to something else as the pig trap and I troll the glue trap sooo hard only because I hate it and love it. It's basically a risk that works part of the time because u can get out if it but I love trying it and f ing hate it when it's fails.

I constantlyJoke all about it at sessions and tournaments and when I hit it I go nuts, it's turned into a Mk sensation like TEBOWING (TEBOWING.com)

I don't call your find/creation/trap the pig trap. That's disrespectful.

I do however love it when it hits, f ing hate it when it doesn't but have fun talking about it nonetheless
Na man its cool, I was just stoked to see you land it, and I have the same love/hate relationship with it too :(

UsedForGlue

FTR pig trap:

Close bomb, then for some reason people like to jump in to get close, ex dive (they block), bomb freezes....3 4 b2 2 slide

Also off u 4 med bomb cancel throw out ex freeZe and pushback of ex freeze pushes them into bomb on wakeup
I seen you go for :en divekick after the u4 bomb, nice.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
i wouldn't say that usedforglues trap is useless. It obviously works just not all the time. That said it's another option you can go for should the opportunity pop up.

Wouldn't people rather have another tool in their arsenal? :p

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Glue Trap is , indeed , a deadly and very useful tech discovered ..... imagine a tourney final with CSZ and another character, both players with more or less 30% health left in the match point, and, so, CSZ with full 3 bar and using glue trap ..... maybe that can decide the tourney champion, hehe ...........