What's new

Question B2 canceling as getting away method?

Don't have my copy right now to test this but I was wondering about this just now. Let's say you are being pressured like crazy and you find a way to get out. Instead of walking or jumping back, wouldn't B2 canceling cover more ground faster?

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
yes, but you also cant block for about 2 seconds after a b2 cancel. i relized this when i was trying to create a set up in the corner were you have to guess between the b2 unblockable or wake-up. tried to block the computers wake-up and relized there was a delay after the cancel.

Probably not. I use smoke's shake~dash to move around sometimes to toy with my opponent/bait reactions/build meter, but it doesn't cover ground very fast. I can't imagine ermac's b2 being any better than shake which is probably the best move in the game for that sort of thing.

^On the not being able to block thing you have to cancel it into a move to counter what your opponent tries to do to you... works out sometimes actually. probably easy for ermac with force push lol

Error

DF2+R2
It works well, just have to be careful to not get caught while unable to block. Probably by cancelling into a push or d3 to avoid pressure. I feel like when used properly, B2 cancels add another layer of depth to Ermac's footsie game. Nothing better than using it to cause an opponents attack to whiff and punishing that whiff.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Im only speaking as a Baraka player here, but as soon as you tried to b2 cancel I could just blade charge to knock you down.

Other characters like SOnya or Kabal could get you for a full combo. Might work for some MUs but definitely not all of them.

zaf

professor
Probably not. I use smoke's shake~dash to move around sometimes to toy with my opponent/bait reactions/build meter, but it doesn't cover ground very fast. I can't imagine ermac's b2 being any better than shake which is probably the best move in the game for that sort of thing.

^On the not being able to block thing you have to cancel it into a move to counter what your opponent tries to do to you... works out sometimes actually. probably easy for ermac with force push lol
The one thing you cant do with smokes shake, but you can do with ermac is cancel one b2 into another. So ermacs b2 would cover more ground as you can b2 backwards right into another one.

The one thing stopping this is not being able to block. Cages shadow kick blows this up and any similar special.

The one thing you cant do with smokes shake, but you can do with ermac is cancel one b2 into another. So ermacs b2 would cover more ground as you can b2 backwards right into another one.

The one thing stopping this is not being able to block. Cages shadow kick blows this up and any similar special.
I'm not sure I follow. Smoke is able to cancel his shake into another just fine. bf1bbf1bbf1 etc.

What if Ermac were to read a shadow kick and throws out a lift to punish this... would that beat the kick if timed properly? Not like it's good tech or anything lol but it's a fun trick and I have setups with Smoke involving shake dash cancels that bait punishes in the same way.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Nope. B2 cancel to d3 and Cage's Shadow Kick whiffs if done correctly. Same with Kabal's EX ND.

Post edited.

Deity

Noob
I cannot wait to get my xbox fixed(stupid RROD) this is the first thing I wanna play with in the lab.

zaf

professor
been using this a lot more now. its a lot faster then back dashing. it actually is really useful to use b2 as a movement tool.