What's new

Anti-turtle characters?

I've started to noticed that there are quite a lot of MU's in which characters can get away with more or less holding back all game and just using a projectile or fast screen covering attack to stuff everything, this seems particularly apparent for Aquaman, Black Adam, Green Lantern and Deathstroke.

In other fighting games usually anyone with a decent command grab can stop this buuut due to the general size of the stages in this game it's not as easy to try and get someone in a corner especially with how high the characters can jump :V

Any characters in particular who spring to mind as being able to directly stop this?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Black adam is, along with being a good zoner, an excellent counter-zoner at the same time. Raven is also very good at counter zoning. Hawkgirl because of her flight and Doomsday with all of his armor and mobility are also competent counter zoning characters.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ares has MB fireball which is an overhead, a teleport that puts you right next to your opponent and beats projectiles, and an unblockable ground pound which can travel nearly full screen. He's definitely a turtle killer, which is funny because he looks like Shredder from TMNT, lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The only problem with Ares is how punishable his teleport can actually be :L
That's why you don't make it predictable. His teleport is punishable but if you mix it up and don't make it obvious it can be quite effective. But you're right, it isn't that great and you can't rely on it, but it is a good tool.

As doomsday I don't have any trouble with turtles. Block one of their projectiles then db2MB to land on their head no matter where they are on the screen unblockable. If they are turtling as in blocking, then it's time to mix them up. Cancel a string into df2. I have yet to have anyone online succesfully block df2, though it is supposedly possible.