What's new

Anti-Air D4 Combo into Vortex

I dont know if this is already known, but did you guys know that scorpions anti-air D4 can lead into a 29%/30% vortex combo?

It's basically the same as using D1, but your hitbox is much lower with a D4 and we all know how ridiculous the range of scorpions D4 can be. In my opinion much easier to use than D1 anti air.

For the people who don't know about the D1/D4 anti-air combo here are the inputs:

(Opponent jumps at you) D4, Teleport, dash, 1,1 spear, cross over jump punch, forward 2, 1, teleport into vortex.

BTW, for the people who still have doubts or questions about the input bug, if you practice this anti-air D4, you will soon know how irritating a standing 4 can be instead of a D4.

Let me know if this is a better move than D1 anti-air.

Peace

Saint

Noob
Sure D4 covers more space and possibly has a lower hitbox. But the reason you use d1 is because of its speed.

Sure D4 covers more space and possibly has a lower hitbox. But the reason you use d1 is because of its speed.
Thats true D1 is much faster, But I think jump kicks also beat D4 and D1 sometimes beats jumpkicks. D4 has a lower hitbox and I think it is a really side weapon for scorpion to punish people who like to jump around or for people who need to get in front of you by jumping the hellfire, D4 will catch them off guard for 30% combo into vortex.

Saint

Noob
Thats true D1 is much faster, But I think jump kicks also beat D4 and D1 sometimes beats jumpkicks. D4 has a lower hitbox and I think it is a really side weapon for scorpion to punish people who like to jump around or for people who need to get in front of you by jumping the hellfire, D4 will catch them off guard for 30% combo into vortex.
Jumpkicks won't beat D1 if you space right, same applies to D4. Problem with D4 is you have much less time to space because it's slow. That is why I personally, prefer D1.

Probably, but I thought they were referring to non-crossup AA.
Nope, I made this thread mostly for cross up anti air, maybe I shouldve mentioned that. D4 gives you more time to react on peoples normal jumps because it hits people who are even a little above the ground and grands you the follow up, I think standing 3 wont grand you a teleport follow up if the opponent is really low above the ground and at the same time D4 will lower your hitbox, I will also have to research whether D4 has more reach than standing 3, Time to go to the lab.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Wouldn't D4 be too slow for cross ups??
I think it would be, as I barely have time to do the D1 as it is.
And yes, nuetral 3 would be stuff by the crossup punch.

Just do D1~Teleport, JK~Teleport, D1~Spear into vortex.
33%

I'll practice the D4 next time I play though...just in case this is a good idea.

Wouldn't D4 be too slow for cross ups??
I think it would be, as I barely have time to do the D1 as it is.
And yes, nuetral 3 would be stuff by the crossup punch.

Just do D1~Teleport, JK~Teleport, D1~Spear into vortex.
33%

I'll practice the D4 next time I play though...just in case this is a good idea.
You kind of have to see it coming even with D1. but how do you plan on doing that combo after a d1 anti air? I dont think thats possible.

and D4 is only a good alternative as a non cross up anti air because of its range, im still experimenting with it.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
That's the D1 combo I use on people who attempt multiple cross ups in a row.
I have three different D1 combos I use for various situations.

SpyderJ

Noob
You kind of have to see it coming even with D1. but how do you plan on doing that combo after a d1 anti air? I dont think thats possible.

and D4 is only a good alternative as a non cross up anti air because of its range, im still experimenting with it.
Well you dont even 100% need to see it coming with the speed of the D1 AA. You can do it on reaction and so long as you know for a fact that that D1 is going to connect, then from there its just about execution.

Well you dont even 100% need to see it coming with the speed of the D1 AA. You can do it on reaction and so long as you know for a fact that that D1 is going to connect, then from there its just about execution.
true, but I mostly try it at times when I see someone jumping in and for 70% of the time my opponent WILL jump at me.