What's new

"All of the levels in #MKX start out as a sketch or painting… Here’s The Kove"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Remember on June 9th when we were all blown away by the first Mortal Kombat X gameplay trailer? Well, to any art adorer out there you'll appreciate "The Kove" stage concept art that NetherRealm Studios recently uploaded via their Tumblr.

As a visually stunning stage where you're on a dock fighting with big waves approaching often carrying dead bodies that you're able to toss at your opponent... it's interesting to see just how a stage like this started.

All of the levels in #MKX start out as a sketch or painting…
Here’s The Kove
mkxkoveconcept.jpg

Credit: TheKombatTether via Facebook

Hopefully with MKX Netherralm finally ends their backwards stances ...snip
By "backward stances" are you referring to the way every character consistently changes stances during attack strings? For the life of me I can't figure out why--or how--they would remove that feature from future games.

GGA Max

is that supposed to be shangs ship... would that fit or make any sense to the story line...?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
My dream is for MK to one day embrace the style of old Kung-Fu movies.

With a 60's - late 70's kung-fu movie filter, and have the characters speak as if they were dubbed.

I think that theme would really fit this series.

sn1kzZe

Noob
My dream is for MK to one day embrace the style of old Kung-Fu movies.

With a 60's - late 70's kung-fu movie filter, and have the characters speak as if they were dubbed.

I think that theme would really fit this series.
I have the munchies for old kung fu movies, any recommendations? I used to watch them with my Dad when I was a kid.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I can't wait to access more concept art like this, in a less tedious version of the Krypt.
(Injustice did it well, with their archives.)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I want to listen the music from this stage so bad i mean, a clean one.

Dan Forden has been on fire or MKX, i'm amuzed.