What's new

Question Air Dagger (Far) traps

Deity

Noob
Using b1,1,3 as a combo ender then using EX daggers to OTG them prevents them from doing anything but blocking the daggers and putting you at frame adv. However, I don't really see the point of using this over the 1,1,2 RD reset, which puts you at +8 in their face anyways.

ryublaze

Noob
Idk what you mean by traps because it doesn't seem like it has any. The only thing I can think of is using it after a jump kick on a standing opponent.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think i've formulated my question pretty wrong (english issues)

Well, did you guys ever tried to catch depressed players with air dagger(far) who are being bodied on ground and start to jump back to run away?
You read they'll jump, you jump first and throw an air dagger (far), if he jumps the dagger catches him and a red dash is comming on the way with a up slash...

I think someone said Mosp air Daggers (Far) leads to combos in a thread around here.

how far do you guys use this, or don't use it at all? Who is dumb enough to keep holding on block after sucessive damages and chips?

Deity

Noob
I think i've formulated my question pretty wrong (english issues)

Well, did you guys ever tried to catch depressed players with air dagger(far) who are being bodied on ground and start to jump back to run away?
You read they'll jump, you jump first and throw an air dagger (far), if he jumps the dagger catches him and a red dash is comming on the way with a up slash...

I think someone said Mosp air Daggers (Far) leads to combos in a thread around here.

how far do you guys use this, or don't use it at all? Who is dumb enough to keep holding on block after sucessive damages and chips?
You don't have to use daggers for this. If you read a jump back you should go for red dash into up/downslash. Red dash is a tool that's meant for pursuit once your already in, so if you read your opponent jumping away, you should go for a red dash into w/e the situation calls for.You can go for a regular far dagger as well, but combo-ing from it is very height specific.

Mosp

Noob
You don't have to use daggers for this. If you read a jump back you should go for red dash into up/downslash. Red dash is a tool that's meant for pursuit once your already in, so if you read your opponent jumping away, you should go for a red dash into w/e the situation calls for.You can go for a regular far dagger as well, but combo-ing from it is very height specific.
It's safer to do the air dagger if you think they might jump, if you do a red dash into upslash and they do a wakeup or just block you're gonna get punished. If you do hit the air dagger you can combo but you just have to know which heights the upslash will land at. I just like the air daggers cuz they irritate your opponent and it's harder to punish.

Deity

Noob
It's safer to do the air dagger if you think they might jump, if you do a red dash into upslash and they do a wakeup or just block you're gonna get punished. If you do hit the air dagger you can combo but you just have to know which heights the upslash will land at. I just like the air daggers cuz they irritate your opponent and it's harder to punish.
I meant if you read the jump back, then you should go for red dash. If you're not sure, then air daggers are definitely the way to go considering how safe it is. Tbh iAD is a tool most skarlets (including myself) don't use enough. The recovery on them is amazing.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Diety, sometimes they're out of reach with a Red Dash, if they jump back or foward, the up slash will possibly whiff.

That is why i think using air daggers because if they do, you can follow up with a red dash up slash if you're fast and the recovery frames from the air dagger will make it safe