What's new

The Truth Behind The Truth (Tom Brady's Thoughts on MK11 and Evo 2020)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I agree with what you’re saying about skill-gaps I can’t argue that a second but I think a lot of other things need to be considered.

Also, if I have to hear about how “great” Sonic Fox is again, I may have to end it all and cut this rope I’m hanging from in this Elevator shaft. The fall wouldn’t kill me but I’d be in terrible pain and more than likely paralyzed from the neck down. Can we all just admit that the Suit-lizards are just pushing him as the poster boy/girl for the FGC already? This guy is literally a big fish swimming in a small pond and the only reason why he’s as good as he is, is because the NRS scene is literally less than 10 years old as far as competitive play is concerned. Sonic Fox couldn’t carry Jwong’s jockstrap, he also only excels in “obscure” fighting games and/or games that have mainly 50/50 tools. He would get destroyed in Street Fighter, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, Marvel, Blazblue, KOF, KI, Samurai Showdown and any of the klassic MK titles. Big fish, small pond with 50/50’s. You all saw what happened to him/her when he brought his little controller and anal plug he has disguised as a tail to SFV and Marvel Infinite, he/she got utterly destroyed and dropped the games. He always chokes in the DBZ fighting game too but that game is also a random mess of non-sense, yet he can never win.
SonicFox became one of the best Marvel players in the world in MvCI. And he became one of the best in NRS games, Skullgirls, SoulCalibur, and also DBFZ, one of the biggest competitive FG’s to come out in awhile. He also got pretty good at Street Fighter 5 before he dropped it, he recently picked it back up and has been learning and doing well. The kid is good at any fighting game he puts time into, that is an indisputable fact.

He always chokes in the DBZ fighting game too but that game is also a random mess of non-sense, yet he can never win.
I know facts mean nothing on this sight anymore but holy shit. At least pick something slightly obscure to lie about so it isn't so easy as to take <1 minute to look up facts that straight out prove you wrong.

This is the issue with Brady putting out bad numbers. If someone in the spotlight can just put out a bunch of untrue BS than every online rando thinks that surely they'll be subject to as much fact-checking and do the same.

I agree with what you’re saying about skill-gaps I can’t argue that a second but I think a lot of other things need to be considered.

Also, if I have to hear about how “great” Sonic Fox is again, I may have to end it all and cut this rope I’m hanging from in this Elevator shaft. The fall wouldn’t kill me but I’d be in terrible pain and more than likely paralyzed from the neck down. Can we all just admit that the Suit-lizards are just pushing him as the poster boy/girl for the FGC already? This guy is literally a big fish swimming in a small pond and the only reason why he’s as good as he is, is because the NRS scene is literally less than 10 years old as far as competitive play is concerned. Sonic Fox couldn’t carry Jwong’s jockstrap, he also only excels in “obscure” fighting games and/or games that have mainly 50/50 tools. He would get destroyed in Street Fighter, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, Marvel, Blazblue, KOF, KI, Samurai Showdown and any of the klassic MK titles. Big fish, small pond with 50/50’s. You all saw what happened to him/her when he brought his little controller and anal plug he has disguised as a tail to SFV and Marvel Infinite, he/she got utterly destroyed and dropped the games. He always chokes in the DBZ fighting game too but that game is also a random mess of non-sense, yet he can never win.
As long as I respect your view, I dont see him as you described. I think he is way above average and a very talented guy. He may have another problems (as we all have), but as a FG player he is very, very good.

haketh

Noob
So a bearded man walking into the ladies room is alright as long as they “identify” as a woman? Ok.

I don’t care if you’re gay, straight or want to dress up like the opposite sex or a furry animal, be my guest but there seems to be a weird pattern with those people and openly putting your sex life out there. That’s where my real grievances come from.

It’s no secret Fox has a huge fan-base, mainly children too. Is that really ok? I mean, honestly, stop thinking about things in terms of being politically correct, is that ok that all these kids know about Fox’s sex-life and what he sticks up his ass? Really? There was a picture of him kissing another guy on his Twitter when he 13-0’d Perfect Legend, multiple pictures all over his Twitter kissing another man who was in his mid 20’s and Fox was still attending High School.

Really? That’s ok to you? This is my problem, I don’t care what you do but why do we have to know you have sex with other men, that you wear lingerie some days and lipstick and some days you’re dressed like a school mascot. I mean, has anyone even researched the Furry-scene and the activities they’re into? It’s all very sexual, Godless and cringey.
I gotta know what straight people are up to all the time. Just admit you’re a bigot with outdated views damn.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Borics is a bigot and a transphobe and should be banned from the site BUT he's also not wrong about Sonic and they're selective success in FG's.

Sonic started in DOA, which is a big fish little pond scene with niche rules if anyones played it (not dissing DOA btw, I love DOA6 and play ti regularly).

Sonic played Skullgirls, which is intensely setplay heavy

Sonic plays NRS games, which have been intensely setplay heavy

Sonic plays DBZ, which is intensely setplay heavy AND people get legit 20 second turns

Sonic performs in games where they can keep his opponent from playing the game off one right read. Now I suppose there is a skill to this, but I personally don't find people impressive who win off of setplay situations. MK11 unfortunately is a setplay utopia on top of it being extremely scramble heavy, another thing Sonic has always been excellent at.

If you look at the times Sonic lost during the Injustice 2 days, the least setplay heavy NRS game, it was because in that game characters had strong ways of returning you to neutral if they got a hit. Any match where they were required to consistently win neutral over and over again were coincidentally the ones they lost.

I think if MK11 had come out to be designed exactly as it was intended, we'd see them doing a lot worse. I'M NOT SAYING SONIC ISN'T A GOOD PLAYER, but they're a good player thriving in a climate that values their gameplay strength right now. They have reads, which is required for effective setplay but it doesn't change the fact they prefer games where that skill goes a long way.

Just my two cents.

i love mortal kombat series but it is not deep game nobody do not even take the series seriously that is why you see same top 8 players and winners lucky if mk change alot then we might see some new faces sonicfox is a good player but if this was 90s mk and street fighter mvc i do not see him do very well their where alot of killers back then when everyone was hungry stuck with broken stuff ether you get thogh it or just go play super mario or other games
first video been removed?
yea he say he removed it

PaulB is one of the biggest examples of someone full of complete shit & after the crap he pulled in the KI community shouldn’t ever be listened to by anyone ever
The man refers to himself almost every single time he speaks about anything. It's pretty clear where his thoughts are at any given moment.
Very much the "I have to craft everyone's perception of me before they have a chance to do it themselves" type.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sonic performs in games where they can keep his opponent from playing the game off one right read. Now I suppose there is a skill to this, but I personally don't find people impressive who win off of setplay situations. MK11 unfortunately is a setplay utopia on top of it being extremely scramble heavy, another thing Sonic has always been excellent at.

If you look at the times Sonic lost during the Injustice 2 days, the least setplay heavy NRS game, it was because in that game characters had strong ways of returning you to neutral if they got a hit. Any match where they were required to consistently win neutral over and over again were coincidentally the ones they lost.

I think if MK11 had come out to be designed exactly as it was intended, we'd see them doing a lot worse. I'M NOT SAYING SONIC ISN'T A GOOD PLAYER, but they're a good player thriving in a climate that values their gameplay strength right now. They have reads, which is required for effective setplay but it doesn't change the fact they prefer games where that skill goes a long way.

Just my two cents.
Sonic 'lost' during Injustice 2 because he can't play neutral? Wtf is this.

Sonic won, literally no exaggeration, about 15 Injustice 2 majors/big events and regionals. He is that game's winningest and most successful player, by a long shot.

You have to be kidding me. Silly takes like this are the reason no one can take you seriously.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If the game is a randomfest, why does it have the most consistent tournament placings of any game we've ever had?

It can't both be random and extremely consistent :coffee:
what do you mean? Each game has its consistent placements, ppl dominating the game consistently place in tournament, it has been like that since MK9

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
what do you mean? Each game has its consistent placements, ppl dominating the game consistently place in tournament, it has been like that since MK9
Explained here:
That's not actually true. In every previous game we've had people placing, even at the absolute biggest tournaments like EVO, that either never or rarely placed again. MK11 is the first game we've had where that didn't happen.

There are almost no question marks, ever. It's almost entirely the people you'd expect to be there.

I don't really think you can look at the first year results from MKX, Injustice, MK9 etc. and say in good faith that there weren't lots of inconsistent placements, especially early on. MK11 has been solid as a rock placements-wise from the very first majors.

It's also far more consistent than the first year of SFV (or even the last year) and numerous other games.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Explained here:
i'm still confused by this statement, but from the time i've been here, top players who played consistently placed in previous games tournaments as well, just as frequent.
Of course the ppl could vary a bit but that's due the iconic upsets, PL won 2 evos back to back, with REO being in those top 8 everytime.

REO dominated MK9 with Kabal, in some of the MLG events, but before him, there was CDjr dominating. Still, placements in tournaments was never random, even Chris G dominated with Green arrow and placed multiple times, YOMI dominated in the beginning, Sonic Fox was always the top contender in MKX, with Scar being the close second and then Dragon later on during pre-patch alien.

I honstly can't understand what do you mean with this, it doesn't feel any different than before.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
i'm still confused by this statement, but from the time i've been here, top players who played consistently placed in previous games tournaments as well, just as frequent.
Of course the ppl could vary a bit but that's due the iconic upsets, PL won 2 evos back to back, with REO being in those top 8 everytime.

REO dominated MK9 with Kabal, in some of the MLG events, but before him, there was CDjr dominating. Still, placements in tournaments was never random, even Chris G dominated with Green arrow and placed multiple times, YOMI dominated in the beginning, Sonic Fox was always the top contender in MKX, with Scar being the close second and then Dragon later on during pre-patch alien.

I honstly can't understand what do you mean with this, it doesn't feel any different than before.
You’re only talking about the winner — I’m talking about the entire top 8.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
so the exact same persons place top 8 every tournament? how is that a good thing?
It shows that the game is consistent even from early on and the better players place with regularity. Thus it seems incredibly strange to call the game ‘random’.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
that didn't answered my question.
I’m not making a statement to whether it’s good or bad. That’s personal preference.

Some people might prefer the craziness of people riding glitchy mechanics or unexpected broken patch findings to victory. It can definitely be exciting due to the surprises. To other people that might indicate instability, and they prefer to see more uniform results.

Personally I don’t care either way — but I’m just pointing out that the crazy consistency of MK11 results so far is anything but random.