What's new

Question Zoning with stryker

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Depends who you're trying to zone, but best ting to do is work on gun cancels to confuse your opponent. Ezsy combos to do is b3,2xx4xxroll toss and b1,2,2xxnjpxx2, gun shotxx1,2xxroll toss

SaJa

FH_FenriR
What with use of granades ?
Grenades are good since last patch (better recovery). It's a decent full screen anti-air against some characters who will try to escape by the air like kitana, kano or sonya. Grenades are also good when your opponent decided to crouch block against your guns in fullscreen. This way, they cannot wait ages for you to come in because you're making chip damage and meter built while they block.
That's why it is good to mix between gun, gun cancel and high/low grenades.

To get in at a jump distance when the opponent is approaching, something pretty good is to gun cancel into JiP or stick (at least it works great online).

My BnBs are :
1 Meter : b1, 2, 2, NJP, 3, ex-gun, 1, 2, roll. ~43%. I actually do 1, roll at the end to not drop ^^ (39%)
Meterless : I b1, 2, 2, NJP, 3, Gun cancel, into anything you want, but I mostly grab.
b2, f2, 1, 2, guns, 4, gun cancel with back dash, zoning.
Low starter : b3, 2, 1, 1, db4.
Cheesy one : 2, f3, roll for damage or 1 for safe way (that one is very unknown, so it works very well coz f3 is a low).

Those aren't the best, but I use them for some reason (^^;

You often need to mixup because once people know Stryker's BnB most of them don't work anymore so you need stuff like b3, stick or reset into 2, f3, gun cancel etc.

Oh I almost forgot : 4, gun (cancel) is very good to keep some space when your opponent is getting too close. Use the roll when they try to trade projectile. Don't zone vs sindel (unless you life lead), noob, kabal, freddy, kenshi (roll).

I don't main Stryker and I'm no pro, but still :

at 06:08.

at 05:25.

(vs kano zoner ♥)

at 14:50.

(a friend of mine having a nice stryker) [/spoiler]

Espio

Kokomo
The heart of Stryker's zoning is his gun cancels...they're a necesscity as they open up his grenade zoning and mix ups much more, you can gun cancel into roll toss, grenade, baton sweep, jump in punch or jump away, cancel into another gun cancel, hold your gun to punish your opponent's jump etc.

JIP,Back 1,2,2, gun shot, 1,2 roll toss isn't too difficult and gets 35% I believe.

This is just for the one week mains...so I won't add anything else.

Espio

Kokomo
You don't zone with Stryker. You counter-zone
Well this too...but zoning is more than throwing projectiles, everyone is techniqually a zoner in their own way. Sindel zones with her fireballs, while Sonya zones with her down 4...there are different forms of zoning, but they're all about space control.