What's new

Guide - Quan Chi Zoning Tutorial - All Variations including Warlocks intended usage of F3

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Hey guys!

I've been asked a lot to explain how to zone effectively with Quan Chi. In this video I go over the basics of zoning over all variations, and include variation specific zoning like full screen combos with Summoner, Stealing half your opponents meter with Sorcerer, and how warlock completely shuts down Sektor,Tremor and D'vorahs attempts at zoning. Enjoy!

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
I am not a Quan Chi player but let me guess how to effectively zone with Quan before watching the video:

Summoner-
> 50/50 city your opponent
> pull out the bat
> throw a skull
> release bat
> meterburn rune the middle screen
> pull out bat and release it
> backdash immediately
> throw a skull
> start over

Sorcerer-
> pull the armor curse
> skull and rune
> njp when opponent gets close

Warlock-
> throw a kick teleport
> rune
> kick teleport
> skull

I know i got a 100% on the test.

:DOGE

Last edited:

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I am not a Quan Chi player but let me guess how to effectively zone with Quan before watching the video:

Summoner-
> pull out the bat
> throw a skull
> release bat
> meterburn rune the middle screen
> pull out bat and release it
> backdash immediately
> throw a skull
> start over

Sorcerer-
> pull the armor curse
> skull and rune
> njp when opponent gets close

Warlock-
> throw a kick teleport
> rune
> kick teleport
> skull

I know i got a 100% on the test.

:DOGE
so after watching the video how accurate were you?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
@STB Shujinkydink , u don't really mention the air skull much for the summoner variation, its a legit threat, especially with bat out, since you can't duck it, and it'll usually tag runners and if it does and you have bat out its a full combo by following up with ex trance. not to mention i believe you can check people who do manage to get in with up bat. Not to say that you should only toss air skulls from full screen, but its great if you think the opponent will run or jump, as the skull can hit both of those, and you have the bat to cover you as well.