Core Discharge

Noob Saibot:
Sky Drop

Shang Tsung
Credit to @Marinjuana

Projectiles/etc. that hit Jade:

Soul Steal (BF2)
Corpse Drop (warlock's DF3)
Scatter Souls(Spellmaster's DF3, but the amplified version does not hit)
B2112 string
Fatal Blow(And yes, his wakeup!

Projectiles/etc. that don't hit Jade:

Straight Skull (Warlock's BF1)
Ground Inferno (Warlock's DB1)
Screaming Soul (Spellmaster's BF1)
Crashing Flames(Spellmaster's DB1)
Inferno Barrier(Kustom DB2)

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yeah, there are certain moves that I don't think it needs to work on, like Skarlet's BF4 moves.(Cell Siphon, Boiling Point, etc.)

That said, I hope they make it immune to blood tongue, or at the very least, make it consistent across the cast. Enchantress in INJ2 projectile reflect not working on several key projectiles was really frustrating and didn't really feel like a design choice, rather something that they couldn't work around.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yeah, there are certain moves that I don't think it needs to work on, like Skarlet's BF4 moves.(Cell Siphon, Boiling Point, etc.)

That said, I hope they make it immune to blood tongue, or at the very least, make it consistent across the cast. Enchantress in INJ2 projectile reflect not working on several key projectiles was really frustrating and didn't really feel like a design choice, rather something that they couldn't work around.
I think a good rule would be that anything which is an extension of your character, such as a staff, or tentacle, or a fan swipe, or an ice sword, or Vora's bug limbs, or that halberd interactable it does not work on.
But if it's something your character does on the screen that is not a part of the character such as the Tongue, tossing an object, etc. It should work on it.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
So this might not be considered a projectile at all. The way it acts, I can understand if it isn't. It kinda acts like Kenshi's psionic projections in MKX, and they weren't projectiles, were they?
Well my main concern is that Jade was given some VERY slow and clunky projectiles as a tradeoff for Glow, yet there will likely be quite a few projectile-like attacks that aren't projectiles that Glow can't ignore. Jade is definitely a midrange, not zoning, character so powerful fullscreen attacks will leave her kinda fucked (especially things with hard knockdowns like tongue), especially considering she gets very little damage despite having to put in a lot of work.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Should be interesting to see which moves it won’t work against when facing cetrion

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Well my main concern is that Jade was given some VERY slow and clunky projectiles as a tradeoff for Glow, yet there will likely be quite a few projectile-like attacks that aren't projectiles that Glow can't ignore. Jade is definitely a midrange, not zoning, character so powerful fullscreen attacks will leave her kinda fucked (especially things with hard knockdowns like tongue), especially considering she gets very little damage despite having to put in a lot of work.
Yeah I'm having similar concerns and a bunch more.

DarkSado

Noob
The tongue is like WoW shield from injustice it is not a projectile. Which mean if you hit skarlet before the tongue touch you it will disappear I’m pretty they did this on purpose.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Glow shouldn't beat Skarlet's tongue. It's not a projectile.

Besides the MU would be disturbingly in Jade's favor that way.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
It felt really weird that glow didn't work on skarlet's tongue, but if I had to pick between tongue immune and F21 meterless launcher I'll take the universal buff. I'm already grateful of this change. If glow gets better too then holy crap Jade will be great.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Breaking: Sonya's Drone Drop in her zoner variation also bypasses glow but it seems to be hella negative.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I guess some of its what's considered a "projectile" right??

Skarlets tounge for sure seems like it should be in that category I think
I legit don't understand why characters who outdamage Jade and have better normals to boot, (especially Sonya) need to bypass her leverage tool.
It's as if Sonya could only combo certain characters but not others.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Add Frost's Core Discharge (bomb lob thingy) to the list. Added bonus is that it does a hard knockdown just like Skarlet's tongues, yet is even faster than the tongue. Lovely.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
I legit don't understand why characters who outdamage Jade and have better normals to boot, (especially Sonya) need to bypass her leverage tool.
I understand what you mean, I mean the game is super super new...but it is hard to ignore this when you have experienced it first hand by these kharacters.

I need to see what Sonya move you are talking about, I'm not familiar.

Raidens storm cell ignores jades projectile invisibility bc it's not a true projectile (although it sort of looks like one)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Add Frost's Core Discharge (bomb lob thingy) to the list. Added bonus is that it does a hard knockdown just like Skarlet's tongues, yet is even faster than the tongue. Lovely.
Added. Thank you.

For future reference please @ me if you find anything, guys.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Also I don't believe it was intentional, I'm sure we (the community) will find reasons why it should work better in certain matchups/situations

seanpon

Noob
Credit to @Marinjuana

Jade's Purple vs Shang notes

Projectiles/etc. that hit Jade:

Soul Steal (BF2)
Corpse Drop (Fire and Brimstone's DF3)
Scatter Souls(Soultaker's DF3, but the amplified version does not hit)
B2112 string
Fatal Blow(And yes, his wakeup!

Projectiles/etc. that don't hit Jade:

Straight Skull (F&B's BF1)
Ground Inferno (F&B's DB1)
Screaming Soul (Soultaker's BF1)
Crashing Flames(Soultaker's DB1)
Inferno Barrier(Kustom DB2)

It looks like a lot of Shang's zoning tools don't effect jade which is good... however his corpse drop does feel like sonya's drone drop so that is something to look out for. Also his B2112 string is pretty much like a projectile, but of course NRS wouldn't gimp out their DLC characters...