What's new

zoning jax?

Yes and no, depends of the match up his grenade launcher give knockdown so sometimes its worth to trade and when heated him his projectile are very fast and have good reset ability in the corner .All variations , there is no change in his zoning ability.

Can you zone with jax ? If yes which variation ?
In certain matchups. He can Outzone Shao,Jacqui, Terminator, and lowkey kollector but besides that its not viable imo. He needs heat to be a threat and command respect, and he only gets that by playing rushdown. It is pretty smart to zone the opponent when you have a strong life lead though because they dont expect it and they'll get fruustrated. The high grenade is great for reading opponents jumps from far away.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If you watch BlakLivesMatter play, he’s a good example of someone who zones a lot in certain MUs and situations (he just beat Grr in tournament last week).

xKMMx

Banned
If you can execute the heat up thing (which is DD3 I believe, been a while since I played Jax) you can zone pretty well. You just have to be fast and mindful of your opponents ability to close distance or counter zone. @MrArcher15 used to be pretty nasty at this if ZI am remembering right

If you can execute the heat up thing (which is DD3 I believe, been a while since I played Jax) you can zone pretty well. You just have to be fast and mindful of your opponents ability to close distance or counter zone. @MrArcher15 used to be pretty nasty at this if ZI am remembering right
Thanks for the mention! Yeah I don’t play anymore but mixing up bf2, bf2 amp, and zoning is key once you get heat