What's new

Tech Zod Trait Combo Reset Tech

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So I'm finding out 123 4 3 4 f2413 d4 really opens up all low enders.

Also after ambiguous cross up 2 12 low laser MB works oddly a lot even though it doesn't connect because the blocking is
Cross up, read first attack (expect low) hit by the 2 overhead so they stand then comes laser

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
So I'm finding out 123 4 3 4 f2413 d4 really opens up all low enders.

Also after ambiguous cross up 2 12 low laser MB works oddly a lot even though it doesn't connect because the blocking is
Cross up, read first attack (expect low) hit by the 2 overhead so they stand then comes laser
Yea this is the opposite of how they usually have to block Zod, so it will connect a lot. Just make sure to learn the timing of 12 xx, db2 4~MB, to make the 12 combo in to MB laser.

Last edited:

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
thing is tho, if the player knows zod, knows his strings, couldn't u do crossover 2, 1~mb HV sice they might be expecting the overhead?

SimSim

thing is tho, if the player knows zod, knows his strings, couldn't u do crossover 2, 1~mb HV sice they might be expecting the overhead?
Yea my favorite thing to do is 21 xx MB laser, but sadly people don't know Zod, so a lot of people will block it low I think. Still, I think this is the future (And possibly do 21 xx db2 4~MB, here too (To jail on block). Also, after landing 21 xx mb laser you can take a step and do b3 for big damage.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Yea my favorite thing to do is 21 xx MB laser, but sadly people don't know Zod, so a lot of people will block it low I think. Still, I think this is the future (And possibly do 21 xx db2 4~MB, here too (To jail on block). Also, after landing 21 xx mb laser you can take a step and do b3 for big damage.
yeah, 21 as well. Also, couldn't u do something like crossup2~BC f3? in case they may be expecting an f2 starter?

Pig Of The Hut

213 (blocked) low laser mb too

HP Hatecraft

I am the beginning, I am the end.
Hey SimSim I posted this in Wonder Chefs stage discussion topic, but figured it deserved to be here as well. Tell me if you think that this deserves it's own topic. Basically, I'm using the command grab whiff reset with unblockable interactions. I think this needs to be explored more because I think there is some potential for us to have 100% stage specific resets. This can be used with most all unblockable interactions. If someone would like to compile a list of all the interactions this can be done with then just let me know, as I already have a general idea. Let me know what you guys think!

AK Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

Hey SimSim I posted this in Wonder Chefs stage discussion topic, but figured it deserved to be here as well. Tell me if you think that this deserves it's own topic. Basically, I'm using the command grab whiff reset with unblockable interactions. I think this needs to be explored more because I think there is some potential for us to have 100% stage specific resets. This can be used with most all unblockable interactions. If someone would like to compile a list of all the interactions this can be done with then just let me know, as I already have a general idea. Let me know what you guys think!

AK Pig Of The Hut
SimSim
Have u guys played around with doing 4b1234 ? Do the 4 immediately and I mean immediately after the 3 hits and it connects and resets them. It really looks like the character is still in recovery too

SimSim

SimSim
Have u guys played around with doing 4b1234 ? Do the 4 immediately and I mean immediately after the 3 hits and it connects and resets them. It really looks like the character is still in recovery too
I haven't really tested it no, but if it resets I bet that it is also blockable. Also, if you want to combo after it you would need to start a laser charge before the 2nd slash hits, which I bet it doesn't? Might look in to it soon though!

HP Hatecraft
Ending combos in a reset d4 for interactable damage is good, but it's hard to get enough damage before the d4 for it to be worth it some times. I will look more in to it though! good stuff

HP Hatecraft

SimSim
You mean the quick restand? I have a video of the b1234 stuff on my page. I don't think it puts you at enough advantage to do anything. You could possibly go for a grab, until they catch on and start teching the grab. I need to put the AI on jump and see if there is any frame advantage on hit.

Pig Of The Hut

I haven't really tested it no, but if it resets I bet that it is also blockable. Also, if you want to combo after it you would need to start a laser charge before the 2nd slash hits, which I bet it doesn't? Might look in to it soon though!

HP Hatecraft
Ending combos in a reset d4 for interactable damage is good, but it's hard to get enough damage before the d4 for it to be worth it some times. I will look more in to it though! good stuff
Also I'm finding having enough time to do f2414 434f2413 d4 is rough

Much easier to do f2413 4 f2413d4

Pig Of The Hut

You mean the quick restand? I have a video of the b1234 stuff on my page. I don't think it puts you at enough advantage to do anything. You could possibly go for a grab, until they catch on and start teching the grab. I need to put the AI on jump and see if there is any frame advantage on hit.
K cool

HP Hatecraft

HP Hatecraft
Alright, just keep me posted with what you find!