What's new

zod tournament players

First of all i don't consider myself a tournament players

People who main zod need to step up there ball games

they need to grind out instant airs in practice mode to the point where they are mastered

you are wasting your time if you aren't turning instant airs into a kabal like level

i believe he can outzone sinestro with this method, despite getting bopped by woundcowboy the other day causing me to break my disc in anger...

it also will allow him to BOP superman atleast 6-4, neutralize black adam, render lex luthor useless, and force batman into unfavorable trades with his trait...

they are the key, if you think zod might be top 2, these are what need to be mastered...

he could possibly control aquaman once he gets going, and maybe just maybe, still cause him to lose to mmh

M2Dave

Zoning Master
i believe he can outzone sinestro with this method...
Yes, we know. It has been done before.

The bigger issue at hand is that some Zod players, who also call themselves "the best Zod", use the character as though he were Batgirl or Doomsday.

If you play Zod "yolo style", the character is not for you. Zod requires execution and a strict understanding of fundamentals.

The bigger issue at hand is that some Zod players, who also call themselves "the best Zod", use the character as though he were Batgirl or Doomsday.

If you play injustice "yolo style", this game is perfect for you. Injustice requires 0 execution and a small understanding of fundamentals.

fixed

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

If you play Zod "yolo style", the character is not for you. Zod requires execution and a strict understanding of fundamentals.
Would you put Viking on this list?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Would you put Viking on this list?
More so Rahsaan than Viking. I do think Viking has lots of improvement to make in the zoning department.

Zod was designed to be a "hit and run then activate trait" character and should be played as such.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have some of the best execution here w IAZB maybe 2nd to Dave but it's harder said done in a match vs practice mode

Seeing how this thread is mostly geared towards me I'd like to say I've placed top 8 and highest at FR so maybe some need to step up their game entirely

Dave and I could win any major if we played 100% the way we do most times, it's true

But we haven't yet so it is what it is

No excuses here

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Sinestro can actually duck and charge trait during perfect slow iazb snowballing. You need to throw a medium/fast one in here and there to keep him honest...but then of course you lose the snowball effect...

But yes IaZbs are key and most of the Zods I know who go to tournaments have a pretty good handle on them

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
First of all i don't consider myself a tournament players

People who main zod need to step up there ball games

they need to grind out instant airs in practice mode to the point where they are mastered

you are wasting your time if you aren't turning instant airs into a kabal like level

i believe he can outzone sinestro with this method, despite getting bopped by woundcowboy the other day causing me to break my disc in anger...

it also will allow him to BOP superman atleast 6-4, neutralize black adam, render lex luthor useless, and force batman into unfavorable trades with his trait...

they are the key, if you think zod might be top 2, these are what need to be mastered...

he could possibly control aquaman once he gets going, and maybe just maybe, still cause him to lose to mmh
I also beat Tom and Rico Aquaman and all other Aquaman

Aqua is not an issue in any way

You're right about something , beating sinestro is all about mastering IAZB only then can u beat him

Last time I played cowboy it was 9-15, I'm not far off but currently I am a shitty player until further results prove otherwise

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Iazb or no iazb,I love watching pig,dave and Viking tearing it up on stream with the coolest character in injustice.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I think its prudent to also mix in an iazb mb fast to catch them crouching. Just my 2 cents from a middle of the road Zod.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
IAZB will not work vs : mmh , ares , batgirl , zatanna , scorpion , doomsday , deathstroke,raven

Last edited:

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled

I am not saying you are wrong cause I know nothing of Zod, but do you really think all characters are to be played via this cookie cutter flow chart approach with no room for variance?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I am not saying you are wrong cause I know nothing of Zod, but do you really think all characters are to be played via this cookie cutter flow chart approach with no room for variance?
I always say play to your character's strengths, not weaknesses.

After talking to people who work for NRS, Zod's character design is what I said it was. Hit and run. Then activate trait.

Zod's footsies and pressure are too weak for him to engage opponents without trait up close.

i have serious issues getting whiff punished trying to get out of pressure, and i had left side balls down pretty well until my dpad fell off.... my right side i can shit out those things on command, honest tooo god eevery day i think about just going full time martian, thats my problem ...

I have some of the best execution here w IAZB maybe 2nd to Dave but it's harder said done in a match vs practice mode

Seeing how this thread is mostly geared towards me I'd like to say I've placed top 8 and highest at FR so maybe some need to step up their game entirely

Dave and I could win any major if we played 100% the way we do most times, it's true

But we haven't yet so it is what it is

No excuses here

i didn't watch final round, this thread wasn't directed at you

im not here to argue about iazbs but i do feel liek im playing a different character from the right side, i get a lot of full screen 30%s from the right side and from the left side shooting a pistol is nerve wracking...

Lilith

Baebality
More so Rahsaan than Viking. I do think Viking has lots of improvement to make in the zoning department.

Zod was designed to be a "hit and run then activate trait" character and should be played as such.
<_< You just said an OG street fighter player lacks fundamentals and execution............... I can't even.............