What's new

Ziggurat Interactive Now Owns BloodRyane Among Other Dormant IPs

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter

There have been a ton of classic video game titles that get left behind. For one reason or another, these dormant IPs may never get a chance to new life for not only veteran fans but newcomers to the franchise. One company is looking to change that around and that’s Ziggurat Interactive, a company that has been going around and purchasing old IPs to give a chance in not only remakes but remastered editions as well. This could even spark an interest in bringing out a new installment to some of these games although only time will tell.

If you’re a fan of Majesco then you may be wondering what might happen to some of those IPs the studio owned when the company became defunct in 2016. Today we’re finding out that a few of those IPs were purchased by Ziggurat Interactive, who has managed to secure at least one heavy hitter from years ago, BloodRayne. The vampire action game got its start back in 2002 and since then only had three installments total with the last being a download-only sidescrolling title known as BloodRanye: Betrayal. This IP even sparked several comic books along with a cinematic film series.

However, it’s been dormant for years until Ziggurat Interactive purchased the IP and has started working with the original development studio behind BloodRyane. Apparently, Terminal Reality, the developers behind the 2002 release will be making a remastered edition for the PC platform. However, the team behind Ziggurat Interactive is exploring other means to expand on the IP so we could see a new installment or even a reboot.

Regardless, this is not the only IP purchased. Instead, Ziggurat Interactive also purchased the rights for Advent Rising, Blaze’s Hell along with Flip’s Twisted World. How successful BloodRyane will be with these remastered editions and remakes may spark the interest in what other IPs Ziggurat Interactive also picks up next for fans.

https://gameranx.com/updates/id/201272/article/ziggurat-interactive-now-owns-bloodryane-among-other-dormant-ips/

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
  1. Hell yeah to the return of Bloodrayne.
  2. I wonder if anyone ever found that secret chest in Advent Rising that was supposed to have a huge IRL money reward if anyone ever found it, or if they'll do it again.

haketh

Noob
Kinda hoping for another Metroidvania style Bloodrayne game, that last one was real good.

1. Hell yeah to the return of Bloodrayne.
  2. I wonder if anyone ever found that secret chest in Advent Rising that was supposed to have a huge IRL money reward if anyone ever found it, or if they'll do it again.
I know they cancelled that prize but I don’t know if anyone ever found the chest or if it got patched out.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
What if it was a mix of Bloodborne, Metroidvania and Devil May Cry?
The aesthetics of Bloodborne, level design of a Metroidvania and with the gameplay of a DMC game... and maybe with a touch of stealth mechanics, ala Metal Gear Rising.

I would be ALL IN!

I honestly thought Bloodrayne was shitty and boring, but it's been so long I admittedly don't remember much of it anymore.
I'm all for reviving it and having my mind changed if it's done well, though.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
I honestly thought Bloodrayne was shitty and boring, but it's been so long I admittedly don't remember much of it anymore.
I'm all for reviving it and having my mind changed if it's done well, though.
The first game was fantastic solid system lvl around great difficulty strong female lead. You know the mid 2ks had some really strong games ahead of their time ffx2 comes to mind.

A while back a neighbor of mine bought one of the live-action BloodRayne movies and it came with a copy of the second game. Since he didn't have a computer to play it on he gave it to me and I wasn't very impressed with it. I say if they want to make a new action-focused BloodRayne then you get Platnum Games to develop it.

I've never played the first game, so if they do remaster it I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
A while back a neighbor of mine bought one of the live-action BloodRayne movies and it came with a copy of the second game. Since he didn't have a computer to play it on he gave it to me and I wasn't very impressed with it. I say if they want to make a new action-focused BloodRayne then you get Platnum Games to develop it.

I've never played the first game, so if they do remaster it I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
The second was a twisted deformed step child lol did nothing to stop the sequel stigma