What's new

Video/Tutorial Zatanna expansion stuff

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Here's a bunch of videos of some stuff that I haven't seen anyone doing with Zatanna so I thought I'd share. Some of it's probably known by some, but I don't see any sense in not publishing useful stuff if it's not widely known.

Firstly, for anyone that doesn't already, confirm your strings into PUPPET MASTER, not kicks. The damage is the same, you gain more meter and give yourself more vortex options.

These 2 videos are an example of this. I haven't seen anyone getting a j2 in before the cross-up f2 setup, and doing so grants 2% more damage which actually makes a lot of difference; this means that Zatanna can kill you with 2 right guesses*, for 3 bars (including inital hit) at the cost of 1.6 bars.

*Does anyone know a 37% (or more) 1 bar combo off of b1u3? Otherwise they have 1% health left, unless the initial combo starter was j1 112/223.

Zatanna can meterlessly combo off divekick in the corner. The spacing happens to be the same as the space she creates from the opponent after taking their first lifebar. So, if you kill someone in the corner, this is a meterless way to get them back into the grinder at the restart of the fight. Of course mb divekick is a better option as it is plus on block, but if you don't have/don't want to spend meter then this is an option.

This is an example of another way to achieve the f2 cross-up setup in the corner.

From the proper height, the hard knockdown of cards in the corner allows for an unseeable cross-up in the corner with divekick.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Aw man I thought I was the only one that knew you could convert off of meterless divekick :( never mind, mine is off of f3 anyway but I didn't really optimise it or anything:

Good stuff though!

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Looking good Phosferrax, I love the f2 vortex stuff. In all honesty I really only use it to get the meteless vortex with the backround bounce. The Corner meterless vortex is sick.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Looking good Phosferrax, I love the f2 vortex stuff. In all honesty I really only use it to get the meteless vortex with the backround bounce. The Corner meterless vortex is sick.
I think it's her best vortex option. I've become really economical with meter lately and feel that it's the most damaging and easiest to practical get in to in a match.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Very true, I'm a little meh because I'm not yet to hitting it consistently and confidently on line at all... it's frustrating the cross up f2 often comes out with cards instead.

It also builds more meter, although I'm impartial to the cross up/ non crossup jp2 levi after puppet master lol. There are sooo many gimmicks to play with that it's almost a shock when they actually do block the vortex lol.