What's new

Zatanna Community - Why are we slacking?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Honestly I'm surprised at how dead the character forums are for Z as I barely check in here anymore. Granted we've always been small despite the giant hype leading up to Zatanna's launch but the tech sharing has all but trickled out. Even with PPJ winning NEC (who has a pocket Zatanna) you're still more likely to find crickets and mothballs in this dusty corner of TYM than actual discussion about the game.
Why don't we have any guides for Z? We'll get the infrequent tech/setup videos but nothing streamlined that's cohesive. Match-up discussions have largely stopped too.

I know Z is largely ignored by the community but damn man, that doesn't mean she deserves to be.

I agree with you on the fact that the Zatanna forums are really dead despite the fact that Zatanna is one of those characters that oozes tech. I also agree that she does not deserve it because I firmly believe that she is a upper tier character that is fully tournament viable. (As PPJ showed the US) One thing that I want to start soon is a Zatanna tech series where I film some of the setups that I found for Zatanna and explain what beats it and what loses to it.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
They are not dead, but people haven't discovered anything else, when they do they post it lol. Go check her forums and she has some decent amount of tech threads, or some people post it on her general discussion thread. BTW i would love to make a guide, but i don't have a decent recorder.

They are not dead, but people haven't discovered anything else, when they do they post it lol. Go check her forums and she has some decent amount of tech threads, or some people post it on her general discussion thread. BTW i would love to make a guide, but i don't have a decent recorder.
I think the op is not concerned that people are not posting tech. The op is concerned that we are not discussing her at all. I think that the Zatanna forums are not the only forums that are suffering through this as it happens on many character forums because people either forget to post or they do not feel compelled to.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Randomly posting tech in the general discussion thread is a bad idea and probably why it's 40+ pages. We really need to clean up what works, what's optimal, and throw out old ass day one shit and 3 meter "for funzies" combos. General discussion shouldn't be a "catch all" for all things Zatanna.

Randomly posting tech in the general discussion thread is a bad idea and probably why it's 40+ pages. We really need to clean up what works, what's optimal, and throw out old ass day one shit and 3 meter "for funzies" combos. General discussion shouldn't be a "catch all" for all things Zatanna.
Yeah we need to actually have a thread that is dedicated to tech because it seems like all of Zatanna's tech is extremely unorganized. On a side note, one reason why the Bane thread is so successful is because they have a bane council who regulates the Bane forums. Something to consider...

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Yeah we need to actually have a thread that is dedicated to tech because it seems like all of Zatanna's tech is extremely unorganized. On a side note, one reason why the Bane thread is so successful is because they have a bane council who regulates the Bane forums. Something to consider...
Agreed. It's not that I'm complaining for "moar tech" it's just that there's a pretty blatant lack of organization/moderation to the Z subforum that ultimately hurts active participation.

DinoPizzaria

Professional Twerking Choreographer
Many people don't have what it takes to play a complicated character like Zatanna and stick with her so i'm guessing that's why there's rarely anyone using her. That's a plus for me because since she isn't as popular, a lot of people don't know her mixups. :D

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Why are people going around reviving year old threads?
Well I don't know about year old, but archaeologists always try to review 1000 year old threads on past Pharaohs in a sarcophagus to find out more about ancient society at large, so we can learn more about ourselves as humans at that one point.