What's new

Zack Synder's Cut of Justice League has bee officially green lit for a 2021 HOBmax Release

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
So there is a big rumour that the "Synder Cut" of Justice League is going to get green lit by WB and announced by Synder at a "covid watch party" for Man of Steel. He has been doing this a lot for his films during the lockdown. It is like going to a preview. He gives an intro speech, then a speech at the end, sometimes with people who helped make the film and then takes live questions and shows cool behind the scenes stuff.

Anyway, there is a big rumour on twitter that the Synder Cut will be announced as officially happening during the coming Man of Steel watch party.

For those that do not know, Justice League was a horrible disaster of studio interference, probably even worse than Solo a Star Wars Story. They took a 6 Hour film meant to be released over two movies and crammed it into 1 film, cutting almost all of it, stitching the remaining junk back into a garbled mess and turned a high level hentchman into the main villain. They cut out basically everything then brought in Joss Weadon to try and hack it back into shape, and he made an even worse wreck of it.

Synder's daughter committed suicide during the filming and he just lost the will to work, he tried to stay on as he felt responsible for so many jobs, but a major role of a director that people outside the industry do not really know about often is that a directors main job, on a big film project like this, is to protect the integrity of the project and the artistic vision. Or... well it turns into Justice League. These high level directors, are actually producers.

The real question is why are they doing this and if they are.. what is the point. I mean most of the first film was completed apparently, but it will still need reshoots and special effect work and there is still another 200 million dollar 3 hour film that hasn't even started production. Will that be made as well? I doubt it. SO even if this film is the balls, and it probably won't be, it will still remain unfinished, unless WB plan to make the 2nd film.

I just do not think there is any reason to do this. Despite a super vocal movement of "#ReleaseTheSynderCut" being a world wide phenomenon, what dose WB have to gain? After all this time and all this build up the slightest flaws will be pounced on by the very people that post to this hashtag. Lets face it, this is the definition of something that is viral. People are campaigning for Synder's Cut in the same way a billion people downloaded flappy birds instead of the 10s of 1000s of identical games. I do not think that most are actually passionate about it at all. It is just a movement to get into.

It just seems that WB has everything to loose and nothing to gain from this. I still can not really believe it is happening. I mean if they go .. ok. Here is another 200 million. Get the same actors and finish both flms.. cool. It will not be that, though. At worst it will be a directors cut style thing were they stitch all the floor footage together making it even more Frankenstein-ish. At best it is a polish and completion of the 1st film.. which still leaves an entire film to be made, so the story is unfinished and, by fuck lord, it better be the best god damned film in history of comic films or there will be twitter rage and 500 thousand tear down vids on youtube 10 mins after the credits roll. I mean this could really damage the good work WB has been doing with DC across films like Joker and Aquaman and Shazam and stuff. I mean they might not be your cup of tea, but they are no Superman vs Batman.

Will it happen? Should it happen?

Yes.. yes it will.

Synder's Cut of Justice League was announced during the Man of Steel Watch Party today as one of the first big exclusive productions for HBOmax, WB Streaming service.

What this "cut" will actually be is anyone's guess, and as I said... this still leaves the 2nd movie of the pair in limbo.. Though the Synder Cut, due to how movies are made does have footage for around 4 hours. Anyway.. they did it .. twitter ranting works I guess.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I dunno about that. The more WB moves away form the Disney bluprint the better. Shared universes can go fuck a fruit bat for all I care. I would rather just make awesome movies like Joker and then another one and another one. The idea of turning cinema into a television show is horrible.

Really looking forward to it. I'm guessing Junkie XL will do the score replacing the Elflman one which was a complete miss. Plus, no cheesy Batman lines, more Cyborg backstory, other Superman scenes added/no bad CGI scenes, no Russian family subplot, different intro replacing the Batman one, different ending as well. Barry and Iris scene, Vulko scene with Aquaman, better Clark and Lois scenes. Consistent tone throughout. That's only the stuff off the top of my head.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Really looking forward to it. I'm guessing Junkie XL will do the score replacing the Elflman one which was a complete miss. Plus, no cheesy Batman lines, more Cyborg backstory, other Superman scenes added/no bad CGI scenes, no Russian family subplot, different intro replacing the Batman one, different ending as well. Barry and Iris scene, Vulko scene with Aquaman, better Clark and Lois scenes. Consistent tone throughout. That's only the stuff off the top of my head.
Shit, those glasses are ROSY! You haven’t seen many Snyder flicks, have you? Lol

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I dont see how Ben Affleck's Batman not having cheesy lines and going back to being the punisher pretending to be Batman would fix the movie. I guarantee it will still be trash, which is painful because Batman and the Justice League are my number 1 favorite fictional characters.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
The Snyder Cut is a win-win for me. It's either going to be another beautiful Snyder train wreck, or an improvement on the Frankenstein's monster of a movie called Justice League. Either way, I will be entertained.

That being said, I'm not signing up for any streaming services. I hope they all fail.