What's new

YouTube VS Red Dead Redemption 2

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
*sigh*...It's happening....

Apparently, there has been this BIG controversy over a RDR2 video posted by a content creator by the name of Shirrako. His video went viral of him killing a feminist in the game, considered as a NCP (Non playable character) Basically some GTA type shit. https://twitter.com/AttackOnWaifu/status/1060294863000879105

The viral video caught attention to Youtube and not only was the video taken down, but his whole account suspended! This man has over 500,000 subscribers and tons of content whiped out! The reason being because somebody at YouTube said it went against it's guidelines (full story here https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/j5zx9y/youtuber-suspended-for-video-of-killing-feminist-in-red-dead-redemption-2)

But that doesn't make any damn sense where there's videos of people committing violence, killing, and illiciting HATE in REAL LIFE! This is a fucking video game! And reading up about this story really disturbed me because some PC person was up on his feelings and decided to go rogue by deleting this person's who account WITHOUT giving him a warning.

Later, Shirrako fought back and got everything restored. https://twitter.com/ShirrakoGaming/status/1060303328452710401

I'm glad he got everything back but this problem is bigger than RDR2. Once MK11 comes out, that will be its biggest target. What do you guys think of this whole situation?

Let's have a discussion. ;)

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
YouTube shouldn't've banned him. We've all done horrid crimes against humanity in video games, in part because… they're video games.
That said, here's what came about all this.

Those aren't just pixels anymore. Those are words.
Here's a peek at that fucking comments section.

"Destroy the source of modern feminism before it grows."
"PRAISE SHIRRAKO. SPIT IN THE FACES OF ANNOYING FEMINISTS."
"Trump has done great. Just imagine the pain if Hillary was in charge."
"I hope someone creates a mod with this character with Anita sarkesian o Hillary Clinton’s face. That would be awesome."
"SJW are a cancer that must be uprooted"
"Then 120 years later these same cunts March down the streets for Islam. Ironic...."
"The right to vote should come with the responsibility of signing up for selective service. Suffragettes never cared about having women sign up for selective service, they only wanted the rights, not the responsibilities."

These are actual things typed by real people.

"Don’t know if you’ve noticed but there’s a shooting in America every other day. I’m not a feminist nor a female but youtube has the right to ban his channel. Stop with the 'fuck all sjws dialogue'!"
to which someone replied,
"get your facts straight. School shooting deaths are over exaggerated"

…All in the comments of a video about a video game character punching a suffragette.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
YouTube shouldn't've banned him. We've all done horrid crimes against humanity in video games, in part because… they're video games.
That said, here's what came about all this.

Those aren't just pixels anymore. Those are words.
Here's a peek at that fucking comments section.

"Destroy the source of modern feminism before it grows."
"PRAISE SHIRRAKO. SPIT IN THE FACES OF ANNOYING FEMINISTS."
"Trump has done great. Just imagine the pain if Hillary was in charge."
"I hope someone creates a mod with this character with Anita sarkesian o Hillary Clinton’s face. That would be awesome."
"SJW are a cancer that must be uprooted"
"Then 120 years later these same cunts March down the streets for Islam. Ironic...."
"The right to vote should come with the responsibility of signing up for selective service. Suffragettes never cared about having women sign up for selective service, they only wanted the rights, not the responsibilities."

These are actual things typed by real people.

"Don’t know if you’ve noticed but there’s a shooting in America every other day. I’m not a feminist nor a female but youtube has the right to ban his channel. Stop with the 'fuck all sjws dialogue'!"
to which someone replied,
"get your facts straight. School shooting deaths are over exaggerated"

…All in the comments of a video about a video game character punching a suffragette.
Well fuck! Thats...people for ya. I get what you're saying, its terrible but you can't blame the video game. Its the dumbass people that should be banned from saying dumb, offensive shit like that. Then again...we would have to get rid of the internet lol. I'm no longer shocked on how ignorant people can be nowadays. Hell, look at the guy commented above you.

My point is if video games are targeted for its violent content, they will start stripping fgc content one by one.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
My point is if video games are targeted for its violent content, they will start stripping fgc content one by one.
There's an interactable on the Outworld Market stage in MKX which you can use to harm the opponent. It's an old woman named Blanche who's just sort of minding her own business. But you can throw her as a projectile and afterwards watch her die from apparent cardiac arrest. Right then and there.

Regardless, no one's throwing her over and over in an uploaded video titled 'Elderly Menace Gets What She Deserves!' That would be silly.

People can punch as many suffragists/ettes as they want in RDR2. I can't really tell you that what you believe to be annoying is a false experience, in the same way that I can't denounce what you believe to be green. I'm not you. You kill and brutalize all sorts of people in that game. You're an outlaw and a bandit. It's the role you're playing as. I'd go so far as to say that uploading a video of you punching suffragettes isn't so bad on its own. The game offers you numerous opportunities to shape Arthur into whatever kind of character you want him to be… hence the honor system.

Titling such a video 'Annoying Feminist C-word' and whatnot, however, ain't great. That's the point when Caesar crosses the Rubicon.

aj1701

Noob
Titling such a video 'Annoying Feminist C-word' and whatnot, however, ain't great. That's the point when Caesar crosses the Rubicon.
I disagree; its just the guys opinion, and he's likely doing it for clicks. If NBC can decide to talk about how Paradise CA is burning to have some twisted sense of irony on the nightly news, I don't see why the title of a YouTube video is a problem. Besides, the social media companies said it themselves; they are a digital *public* space, and so should be treated like a physical public space, at least IMO.

Frankly, I think I'd find her annoying no matter what topic she was yelling about, if she was going about it in the same way, a combination of annoying speech and condescension.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Any NPC that just constantly talks at me gets shot in the face. Just ask the entire graveyards in Fallout and Skyrim I've filled. That NPC being super annoying has nothing to do with politics. It is just constantly yelling at you every time you are in ear shot and it pisses people off. That is why he killed it.

I flicked through that video posted by Sage.. I didn't hear anything said by the youtuber. So as far as I can tell, he ws banned for shooting a NPC in a open world game, and for the comments that other people made on the video?

Is that correct?

Oh the title is what did it? Hmm.. yeah. I do not agree, but I can see why he got banned. I'm cool with it. Act like a ass, get treated like one.

Jynks

Look, this fascist thought police crap comes and goes. It WILL affect games, but I do not think it will really make a lasting effect on anything.

What will effect MK is that advertisers can set their own guidelines for monitisation on youtube. Like tofu burgers do not want an add before a video on how to strip and gut a dear. So as corporations are, you know operations they just state anything that is not PG or lower they do not want adds on. This is what causes all those youtube chans to say MK vids were getting monitisation dropped, as it is MA content. You can get flagged now as inappropriate for just saying Fuck or Cunt or w/e.

ESL dumped MKx as it couldn't get funding, as no one wanted to see the gore. This is the problem for MK as a eSport and it has nothing to do with Youtube and everything to do with economics.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
MK11 won't be affected by such things, MK is to big of franchise to be ignored.

ESL dumped MKx as it couldn't get funding, as no one wanted to see the gore. This is the problem for MK as a eSport and it has nothing to do with Youtube and everything to do with economics.
ESL didn't "dump" MKX for it's gore, if the gore was a problem to them, they wouldn't have even go to NRS/WB to feature MKX to begin with, and they went with MKX before any other fighting game. I still get invites for ESL tourneys for MKX on weekly basis.

Jynks

ESL didn't "dump" MKX for it's gore, if the gore was a problem to them, they wouldn't have even go to NRS/WB to feature MKX to begin with, and they went with MKX before any other fighting game. I still get invites for ESL tourneys for MKX on weekly basis.
well, they publicly said it was because of the gore and the fact they couldn't get sponsors, sponsers they expected to get. They said they tried but it just wasn't viable. So... yeah.. it kinda was dumped for the gore.

Roy Arkon

well, they publicly said it was because of the gore and the fact they couldn't get sponsors, sponsers they expected to get. They said they tried but it just wasn't viable. So... yeah.. it kinda was dumped for the gore.
Then how come we got 3 seasons from ESL? Were the sponsors just decide to not support the tournies after 3 seasons? Maybe it was due to other reasons we have no idea about.

Regardless, if the existence of the IJ2 Pro Series is any indication, MK11 will have it's own series just like IJ2, so NRS/WB won't need ESL anyway.

Jynks

Then how come we got 3 seasons from ESL? Were the sponsors just decide to not support the tournies after 3 seasons? Maybe it was due to other reasons we have no idea about.
dude.. they literally said this was why they stopped. There is nothing to discuss here. they came out and said that the game was not viable due to the content being disliked by sponsors. As did the youtube de-monitisation thing a while back.

Roy Arkon

dude.. they literally said this was why they stopped. There is nothing to discuss here. they came out and said that the game was not viable due to the content being disliked by sponsors. As did the youtube de-monitisation thing a while back.
I see.

However NRS/WB are more then ready to start their own series with MK11 like they did with IJ2, no need for ESL.

Jynks

However NRS/WB are more then ready to start their own series with MK11 like they did with IJ2, no need for ESL.
yeah.. WB will keep doing its thing of course. Still, it will never make it as big as the other games in the FGC as it is not as commercially viable, it simply can not be shown on TV on places like ESPN. Injustice is a far more commercially viable game for NRS when talking esports.

This thread was about youtube take downs and stuff.. and MK is effected by that a lot. I mean even Max and Dink make a video on how all the MK content was demonitised. People just don't want to sell their orange drink or latest disney movie with a game that has gory decapitations and x-rays of peoples balls exploding.

Roy Arkon

yeah.. WB will keep doing its thing of course. Still, it will never make it as big as the other games in the FGC as it is not as commercially viable, it simply can not be shown on TV on places like ESPN. Injustice is a far more commercially viable game for NRS when talking esports.

This thread was about youtube take downs and stuff.. and MK is effected by that a lot. I mean even Max and Dink make a video on how all the MK content was demonitised. People just don't want to sell their orange drink or latest disney movie with a game that has gory decapitations and x-rays of peoples balls exploding.
That's because they are not a big corporation like Time Warner. A lot of what happens to YouTubers in that regard is out of bullying them from those advertisers or even bullying YouTube themselves, simply because they can. Only on very specific times it has to do with "what advertisement is shown on what type of content", but too many times it's not the case at all. WB Games who own NRS are a part of the gigantic corporation Time Warner, they are big enough to keep the advertisers in their place. Mortal Kombat is the biggest fighting game franchise of all time, everyone knows what it is. They are not on dire straits like YouTube who need every bit of money they can get in order to keep the servers going with all of the infinite amount of content that is shared there. I won't be surprised if YT will get shut down soon just because both them and Google tried to make them too big for there own good (in fact YT got crushed for a few minutes when I was trying to check my channel earlier this week). Not to mention all of the crap that other companies like Capcom has done over the years that only prevented more players from playing their games rather then letting them in just because of their easy money they thought they will get out of E-Sports.

MK11 will be more then fine, and it can and will be the biggest thing in Fighting Game E-Sports. It's already the biggest Fighting Game franchise overall, it's only a matter of time.

Last edited:

Jynks

yeah.. I love the IP as well, but I think you are being unrealistic. I doubt it will ever see main stage at evo again now that Evo is televised .

Roy Arkon

yeah.. I love the IP as well, but I think you are being unrealistic. I doubt it will ever see main stage at evo again now that Evo is televised .
I think you're just too pessimistic, no offense of course. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
TBH, you guys missed the point of YT banning Shirrako. Haven't you thought of the possibility that this game COULD be reflecting what the reality is? It just shows a message that isn't normally heard or talked by anyone.

I don't have anything against the women. I don't mind them being feminists. Whoever is against their opinions is a lifeless douchebag idiot.

DeftMonk

Noob
Honestly as far as I can remember mk has ALWAYS been getting a high lvl of attention due to the lvl of gore. The only other game franchise I can think of that received as much negative crap from parents and politicians was doom way back when.

Jynks

BTW.... in case you hadn't heard. YouTube restored his chan and undeleted all the flagged videos. The original one and all the copycats.

Basically the main kahuna at YouTube Gaming said it should never have been banned in the 1st place according to the strict policies that the reviewer was supposed to be following. The reviewer that banned this vids and stuff got a reprimand.. and everything was restored.

So sanity won out. In the end.

I don't have anything against the women. I don't mind them being feminists. Whoever is against their opinions is a lifeless douchebag idiot.
Not all opinions are equal.

A Nazi hating jews and wanting to gas them or a paedophile thinking it is ok to fuck kids or some teenagers hating gays so thinking it is ok to bash them up are all just opinions as well. We as a society on the whole do not tolerate these opinions as it is repugnant to the majority.

Equally, hating on women is just another social hate that breeds violence, discontentment and anger, on both sides. It doesn't matter if some people think it is ok or some people are only mildly into the thoughts that others are fanatical about.

Hate is hate and it is ugly as well as destructive.

Last edited: