What's new

Guide "You're no match for an Amazon." Wonder Woman Combo Thread

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I just invented the swaggest Wonder Woman combos in existence. I wish I had a camera to record. If somebody else had a camera to record these and post them in this thread that would be tight. Here we go:

Midscreen (Starting in shield stance)
J2, 22~MB bf2, crossover j2, 22~trait cancel~MB tiara, b11~trait cancel~MB shield toss, crossover j2, 22~trait cancel~MB tiara, b113, 23, b3, j3, b113~lasso grab.
31 hits 57%. Switch stances three times in one combo lmao.

Corner (starting in shield stance)
J2, 22~MB bf2, crossover j2, 22~trait cancel~MB tiara, b11~trait cancel~MB shield toss, crossover j2, 22~trait cancel~MB tiara, b113, 23~trait cancel, 11b1, 11b1, 11b1, 11b1, f12~shield strike.
39 hits 58%. Four stance switches in one combo! Swag as fuck!

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Omg Fuck you forever king I just figured this out a few days ago and I didn't want to post it with out a recording! Haha awesome find.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Not the greatest example(due to not editing out the trial an errors), but I believe this is what you are talking about. The crossover j2, doesn't connect unless after a style change to MBshield toss and/or on big hitbox characters only; unless that's changed:

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Not the greatest example(due to not editing out the trial an errors), but I believe this is what you are talking about. The crossover j2, doesn't connect unless after a style change to MBshield toss and/or on big hitbox characters only; unless that's changed:

Yeah I did it on Doomsday, it probably only works on big hitbox characters

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Yeah I did it on Doomsday, it probably only works on big hitbox characters
Yeah I tried so many times to get it to work on the others and couldn't get it connect. But like I demonstrated in the video, after any string in LS that doesn't launch the opponent, you can cancel to SS and do a MBshield toss, and then you can crossover ji2 to continue the combo, but if you follow with a 22~MBshield toss, you're going to have to nj2 to continue it or else use the other options because the crossover won't connect anymore. I have yet to test it(just occurred to me), if that in SS, b2~MBshield toss lets you crossover ji2. I believe you should be able to loop that after every jump in. Just keep in mind, these don't work on the female characters due to their hitboxes

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning

That 59% combo is just fucking hilarious.

In a good way. Awesome :D

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
damn can we just stop with the MB projectile combos. theyve been around forever but they are a piss poor use of your meter really. the only serious use is getting a full LS combo from SS j2 but even then you can just j2 2 4 spin meterless... save your meter...

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
damn can we just stop with the MB projectile combos. theyve been around forever but they are a piss poor use of your meter really. the only serious use is getting a full LS combo from SS j2 but even then you can just j2 2 4 spin meterless... save your meter...
It's about style. Or swag as the young humans say.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
You have to be relatively close to the opponent when you land b2 and you have hit 23 right before they hit the ground. The timing is difficult but it can be practiced to the point where it is reliable.
Is that really worth it though, can you hit confirm it to the point where up close you just wont do the b23

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
It's not hard to confirm it at all; the only issue is that if the opponent backdashes then you won't be able to get the full combo. In the corner there's no reason to settle for b2~lasso though.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
You have to be relatively close to the opponent when you land b2 and you have hit 23 right before they hit the ground. The timing is difficult but it can be practiced to the point where it is reliable.
i just did it in battle mode! i had lex in the corner, did b2 2, then the bastard clashed. idk if it had anything to do with him being a big character, but i couldn't get it to work in training earlier. i was close to the opponent in the corner, did b2, mashed 2 and it would not even
come close to working.

Yes. In the neutral game I usually go for b2~lassograb, or b23,
which brings me to my next question, is there any reason to use b23 instead of b2 lasso in the neutral game? i know the lasso can be ducked but you can't jump and i don't think you can punish it. people will be blocking high becaus of b2 anyways and it does more damage.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
i just did it in battle mode! i had lex in the corner, did b2 2, then the bastard clashed. idk if it had anything to do with him being a big character, but i couldn't get it to work in training earlier. i was close to the opponent in the corner, did b2, mashed 2 and it would not even
come close to working.

which brings me to my next question, is there any reason to use b23 instead of b2 lasso in the neutral game? i know the lasso can be ducked but you can't jump and i don't think you can punish it. people will be blocking high becaus of b2 anyways and it does more damage.
Mashing doesn't work reliably so you just have to learn the timing, and I would stick to b23 against characters who can punish b2~lasso after ducking (Deathstroke, Sinestro, etc.).

Also, I'm pretty sure the b2 combo listed in the OP doesn't work mid-screen. b2, 23, dash, d1, b113 works though.

RM_Gamer

Noob
hey found this today not sure if its already been discovered.
j3~amazonian smash, 23~lasso grab. does 34% damage. if somebody can confirm j3~amazonian smash is unsafe please say it so i can stop doing it lol

derOeler

Death comes to all!
Hey I read something in the "best stage for each char" thread and couldn´t find an explanation here either.

1. Foxy says Atlantis is the best stage for ww because she has the background bounce (due to her combocarry, i guess) and her stance-switch-combos available to her almost anywhere on the stage.
How do BG-bounce and SS work together? Pls note a combo, i didnt touch here interactivcombos yet...

2. He mentions a 60 to 70% (with crossover) water-interactable reset.
Please someone enlight me how that works?