What's new

Guide "You're no match for an Amazon." Wonder Woman Combo Thread

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Hey I read something in the "best stage for each char" thread and couldn´t find an explanation here either.

1. Foxy says Atlantis is the best stage for ww because she has the background bounce (due to her combocarry, i guess) and her stance-switch-combos available to her almost anywhere on the stage.
How do BG-bounce and SS work together? Pls note a combo, i didnt touch here interactivcombos yet...

2. He mentions a 60 to 70% (with crossover) water-interactable reset.
Please someone enlight me how that works?
I like Metropolis Rooftop. As a power character she can toss them, and she can punish basically anyone from almost full screen when they try to go for it.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Been practicing these combos a lot and have most of them down. However, I can't seem to land combos with the B2 starter. How strict is the timing as it feels like the window between B2 and 2, 3 is very small. Any advice would be appreciated.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Been practicing these combos a lot and have most of them down. However, I can't seem to land combos with the B2 starter. How strict is the timing as it feels like the window between B2 and 2, 3 is very small. Any advice would be appreciated.
The timing is weird at the beggining, but you will get it down soon, what is more important is the distance B2 hits at tho.

B2 - 23 feels like 3 to 4 frame link.

Also space and corner dependent. Will work after blocked b1 d1 or 33 but not b11 or b12.

GAMETIME

I Bring Knives To A Gun Fight !
is their anywhere someone could direct me or tell or show me where i can see WW cross up combos ? in the corner and midscreen(if their is an)

TheGabStandard

A question more out of curiosity. I've noticed in matches involving WoWo that hardly any people use the midscreen background bounce as part of their combo (depending on the stage). Is it just mainly because its impractical, or is it that the damage difference is not a lot compared to typical BnBs?

4x4lo8o

Noob
A question more out of curiosity. I've noticed in matches involving WoWo that hardly any people use the midscreen background bounce as part of their combo (depending on the stage). Is it just mainly because its impractical, or is it that the damage difference is not a lot compared to typical BnBs?
It's impractical. Her strings don't tend to link to background bounces in convenient ways during combos. Or at least in Lasso stance that seems to be the case.

I've got more of a pocket WW, so someone here might know something I don't, but off the top of my head I don't actually know any way to use background bounces to get more damage than her basic bnb's and she could gain a lot from the hard knockdown bounces give but I haven't found a way to end combos in it without sacrificing a bunch of damage either.

Another thing is that a lot of characters use the bounces to save meter(a meterless bgb combo will do similar damage to a bnb that spends one bar) but pretty much all of WW's damage is meterless already.

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

It's impractical. Her strings don't tend to link to background bounces in convenient ways during combos. Or at least in Lasso stance that seems to be the case.

I've got more of a pocket WW, so someone here might know something I don't, but off the top of my head I don't actually know any way to use background bounces to get more damages than her bnb's and she could gain a lot from the hard knockdown bounces give but I haven't found a way to end combos in it without sacrificing a bunch of damage either.

Another thing is that a lot of characters use the bounces to save meter(a meterless bgb combo will do similar damage to a bnb that spends one bar) but pretty much all of WW's damage is meterless already.
I thought as much. I tried messing around with it for fun and got similar damage to regular BnBs but wanted to ask incase I was missing something. Many thanks for the response

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Not sure if any troll combos have been posted but whatever here's one of mine:

3~4~bf2MB, 22~4~bf2MB, b11~4~bf2MB, b2~4~bf2MB, b113, 23~4, 11b1 x 4, d2~4~df3

You have to be pretty close to the corner by the way. 4 meters and 6 stance changes, 50 something % :)

@Cal-EL