What's new

"You're Fired!" -- Joker General Discussion Thread

rehti

Noob
  • Batgirl can no longer leave an invisible bola attached to the opponent.
  • True combos started from a push block no longer do damage.
It looks like NRS were already working on a hotfix for Batgirl while Sinestro vortex was found. Someone came with an idea which was to set the dmg to 0% and they quickly incorporated that into the hotfix that was about to be released. They simply forgot to test it out... I really think it will stay as is which sucks. Qwark, have you already bought your flight ticket to Vegas? I hope not.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Silver lining: When the opponent pushblocks you while standing on teeth, they take normal damage...
I thought about it this morning and I was seriously worried pushblocking was about to be "Get out of every Joker setup for free".

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Yeah, we're awesome.
Get the hell outta here hahaha.
:joker:
I sympathize, but don't come in a Joker forum trying to say how badly you have it lol; not a good look.
I've actually read this in Joker's voice. That was somewhat chilling.
This passage only lacks a sound of breaking glass caused by occupied chair being kicked out of window... And some related noises afterwards.

Anyways, I'll hold fingers crossed for NRS actually doing something else afterwards to alleviate the problem. I actually wanted to see Joker accomplishing stuff at EVO, or any visible tournament for that matter. Hope it's still yet to happen.

Edit: at very least, we'll welcome you here @ PC platform. From the looks of it, we don't have latest changes live... yet.

Last edited:

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Well its official the bat girl glitch and the push block setups hot fix were intentional. There goes any hope that NRS had plans to right their wrong.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
What were they thinking? I wish someone from NRS would explain to the community how this is justifiable. I guess this will be the final injustice adjustment. It started with the Joker getting shit on and it shall end with joker getting shit on. It would be nice just to have an explanation.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
I'm working right now, can someone please test throwing teeth after push block into teeth and let me know if that yields any positive options? I'm assuming that they can roll out of teeth and out of reach of any possible over head.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I actually have a couple ideas for pushblock setups that I'll test after I get some sleep.

Also may have a BnB that allows us to maintain pressure midscreen, but also need to test.

All of this may happen tomorrow as I am dead today.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'm not an authority on The Joker, and I have no strong feelings one way or the other about the character, BUT...

I want to say that Notez, at first, has made Aquaman v. The Joker look even, which I know it isn't.

You should all be very proud of him.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm not an authority on The Joker, and I have no strong feelings one way or the other about the character, BUT...

I want to say that Notez, so far, has made Aquaman v. The Joker look even, which I know it isn't.

You should all be very proud of him.
Who did he play?

Yeah, Notez is definitely a high lvl Joker.

Rude

Who did he play?

Yeah, Notez is definitely a high lvl Joker.
He played Sykniss' Aquaman. The first match was close, he won the second, and Sykniss took the third. From what I could tell, Notez was starting to get nervous the longer Sykniss blocked him correctly. Still, he's made your community look great.

Has anyone seen Sonic Fox's Joker this tournament?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He played Sykniss' Aquaman. The first match was close, he won the second, and Sykniss took the third. From what I could tell, Notez was starting to get nervous the longer Sykniss blocked him correctly. Still, he's made your community look great.

Has anyone seen Sonic Fox's Joker this tournament?
No idea.

And massive props to @Notez4

@Fromundaman this is why J-A is not even.

Rude

No idea.

It looked like Notez' loss was less about Joker's tools and more about tourney nerves combined with Sykniss' patience. Basically, Sykniss started to simply block a lot and NOT attempt to anti-air Joker. This DID allow Notez to go in a lot, but he couldn't open Sykniss up. Part of it, I think, was that he kept ending stuff in Teeth and Sykniss would just jump away, basically.

I don't know the ins and outs of Joker vs. Aquaman, but that's what I gathered from watching.

Oh, and there was one point where Sykniss pushblocked himself into teeth. Notez had him cornered and threw teeth. Sykniss pushblocked Notez' pressure and found himself right on top of teeth. That was cool.

It looked like Notez' loss was less about Joker's tools and more about tourney nerves combined with Sykniss' patience. Basically, Sykniss started to simply block a lot and NOT attempt to anti-air Joker. This DID allow Notez to go in a lot, but he couldn't open Sykniss up. Part of it, I think, was that he kept ending stuff in Teeth and Sykniss would just jump away, basically.

I don't know the ins and outs of Joker vs. Aquaman, but that's what I gathered from watching.

Oh, and there was one point where Sykniss pushblocked himself into teeth. Notez had him cornered and threw teeth. Sykniss pushblocked Notez' pressure and found himself right on top of teeth. That was cool.
I'm not an authority on Joker or Aquaman either...but on the surface to me it kind of looked like a case of Syknis' agressive playstyle getting him into trouble. He seemed to turtle up more in round 3 like a traditional Aquaman and it made the fight look a lot harder for Notez. Massive props though, he put on a hell of a show with the character.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
No idea.

Because he dropped combos in the corner and let AM back out?

Honestly it looked more like tourney nerves than MU IMO. Also for some reason people are using 32 as a blockstring even though it doesn't have much cancel advantage?

Notez is awesome though. I did like his performance against HG though. Wish I could have been there to coach him on it though since I play that MU really really often.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
what's the hit advantage from jokers jump 2? I was just wondering if u could hit a jump 2 then throw far teeth? is that safe or no?

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
what's the hit advantage from jokers jump 2? I was just wondering if u could hit a jump 2 then throw far teeth? is that safe or no?
It's tricky because it varies based on the height that you land the j2 at. Doing an instant j2 gives you enough time to land and combo into Joker's 11 string (8 frame startup), so I'd peg the overall advantage somewhere in the mid to high 20's. That's right about how long it takes to throw teeth out and block, but it would be hard to follow up with anything safely. You're better of just converting into a combo, since you can still produce teeth setups from those anyways. Off a j3, however, this can be useful if you don't have the meter to follow it up with a d2 xx rlg combo, but I actually tend to do j3, d2 xx bang into dash cancel d1 xx teeth if I wanna try catching them with something tricky like that.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
@StevoSuprem0 cheers for the response.i was just thinking it may have been a option if joker has no meter.
Could be good to do at times for a mixup, but we tend to still go cancel j2's into 21 or 32 and then possibly throw teeth then as a mixup rather than just off a naked j2. That way you can do it after block confirming if you wanna mix your opponent up after you've cancelled block strings with flower or crowbar a few times.

Hey jokers out there. I was messing around and something caught my eye and I dunno if this viable or worth it or even known. You can make B1~RLG link in the corner. Teeth has to be on the floor so its best to do this off an otg. The cool and interesting thing about it is that your opponent pops up pretty damn high and almost leaves the screen. I dunno if theres alot that can be built around this but i would like to hear your inputs on this. And here's the video. Sorry for the quality.

And this is what I normally do with it.

I'm sure and hope way more damage can be done.
@Qwark28 @StevoSuprem0 @Notez4 @ThaShiveGeek @Gilbagz @Fromundaman @The_PantyChrist
@ players