What's new

Your Top 5 favorite Anime

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I love me some anime. The only ones I watch are action anime though. For me I don’t see the point of anime if it doesn’t have amazing fight scenes, but that’s just me. Anyway, post your top 5, here’s mine:

1. Hunter X Hunter (By far my favorite and it’s not even close)
2. Naruto/Shippuden (series)
3. One Punch Man (Only one season but man this shit is great)
4. Dragon Ball/Z/S (series)
5. My Hero Academia (Yeah I know it’s new and some people hate on it but I really don’t care)

6. World Trigger (This would easily be top 5 if it didn’t end abruptly. It was getting so damn good too).

Very simple list, no super underground stuff.

Honorable Mentions (INPO): Attack on Titan, The Seven Deadly Sins, Tokyo Ghoul, One Piece, Bleach, Death Note, Akame ga KILL, The Fate/ series (Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay, Unlimited Blade Works, etc), Berserk.

I guess Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon get honorable mentions too but just for nostalgia sake. The cheesiness definitely didn’t age well at least for me. Very hard to go back and watch these without cringing 1,000 times an episode.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Death note was amazing. Tokyo ghoul was good but the end of seadon 2 was confusing.

Death note season 2 opening song is godlike

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I've never been that big into anime, but I thought Full Metal Alchemist was pretty cool. The characters seemed interesting, and they had some pretty compelling moments. The plot kind of dragged and got a little convoluted towards the end, but it was a solid series.

I've also heard good things about Black Lagoon, mainly that Revy was a pretty cool character.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I have a passing appreciation for anime but I largely have a hard time enjoying it. I'm curious though what happens in the language localization to make them talk rapid fire over top of one another?

My top 5 (from an outsider):

Throwback/Nostalgia:
  • Fist of the North Star
  • Ronin Warriors
Dope art with western appeal:
  • Afro Samurai
  • Castlevania Netflix series
More traditional that no one talks about:
  • Claymore

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Yu Yu Hakusho
3. Hunter x Hunter
4. Full Metal Alchemist
5. Samurai Champloo

Honorable Mentions: Berserk, The Big-O, Dragon Ball, Inuyasha, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Early Pokémon, Space Dandy.

And shout out to Mind Game and Howl's Moving Castle for being kickass anime movies.

1. Evangelion
2. Revolutionary Girl Utena

When Castlevania is done it will land somewhere on the list
Yeah man I was that impressed by Castlevania that I was considering putting it on here but I thought I'd wait until that next season hits before gushing about it like that.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I do not watch a lot of Anime anymore.. but was way into it in the 90s... though I have enjoyed some of them now and then. I guess I mainly watch Movies as they are less time intensive. Here are some, in order of my enjoyment.
  1. Akira
  2. Spirited Away
  3. Grave of the Fireflies
  4. Paprika
  5. The Castle of Cagliostro
Some Honorable mentions would be Howl's Moving Castle, Urotsukidoji, Battle Angle Alita, Fist of the Northstar.

Colares

Noob
  • Honey & Clover
  • Nichijou
  • Code Geass
  • Space Dandy
  • Tatakau Shisho The Library of Bantorra.
I'm more of a manga person but these I really like and could think right now; the first two are manga adaptations the next 2 originals and last one an adaptation of a light novel I love.

I recently dropped the manga of Black Clover because to me it was too much like Naruto but there is an anime and maybe someone might like it for the same reasons.

1. My Hero Academia
2. Samurai Champloo (The soundtrack is godsend)
3. Hunter X Hunter
4. Haiyakuii (never had an interest in volleyball, but man this show is amazing)
5. Hajime no Ippo (show pretty much got me into working out)

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Uh yeah a weeb thread, I'll join in!

1. Attack On Titan
2. Prison School (it's a masterpiece, I'll fight you)
3. My Hero Academia
4. Deathnote
5. Toradora!

Devilman Crybaby was extremely good too, and would probably be 6th. That or Spice and Wolf.

Last edited:

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Hellsing ultimate ( best anime ever created ) , Blood-c:the last dark (movie ) , Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (parasyte) , akame ga kill :)

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
No actual order.
1) Berserk
2) Samurai Champloo
3) Cowboy Bebop
4) Hellsing Ultimate
5) Dragon Ball (all of it, even GT).

Attack on Titan and Afro Samurai are my honorable mentions.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
You love action fighting animes? Cool.

Mine are:

1) Flame of Recca.
2) Dragonball series.
3) Slayer.
4) Hunter X Hunter.
5) One Piece.
6) Bleach
7) The 7 Deadly Sins
8) Samurai 7
9) Miyamoto Musashi: Dream of the Last Samurai.
10) Naruto Shippuuden

Στάλθηκε από το C6833 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
1. High School DxD
2. Claymore
3. Hellsing/Ultimate
4. Angel Beats
5. DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBS/DBH

Honorable mentions:
- GunGrave (where I got my handle)
- Saikano
- Ajin
- To Love Ru
- Seven Deadly Sins
- Elfen Lead
- Testament of Sister New Devil

I also have a shit ton more, but I'll just leave it to this for now.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Code Geass might be the best anime ever made. If you haven’t watched it, you need to reconsider your lists.

But now I’m dying to see an anime that looks like this:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I remember watching part of an anime movie on tv when I was a kid and on vacation with my family. It was raining so we were stuck in the hotel or something. There was a girl, and some kind of post-apocolyptic desert/mountain world, and maybe dragons or something. Also maybe some magic? It's always been one of those nagging curiousities for me. I have no idea what the title was, or what it was actually about, but I remeber being interested at the time.