What's new

Your top 5 Comic Book video games of all time

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So list your top 5 comic book video games, doesn't matter what console or genre. If you want to list Batman Arkham Asylum or MVC2, be my guest. Don't matter. If you want, you can list top 10 if you have more than 5.

Here's my top 5 but also overall top10:

1. Injustice 2
2. Batman Arkham Asylum
3. Injustice Gods Among us
4. TMNT:Turtles in Time
5. X-Men The Arcade game

6. Justice League:Heroes
7. Batman Arkham City
8. DCUO
9. Batman Telltales game
10. Wolverine: Origins

Honorable mentions: Batman Origins, Lego Batman 2, TMNT The Arcade Game(1989) Marvel:Ultimate Alliance, X-Men origins Wolverine game, Walking Dead:telltales, Justice League Task Force, Spider-Man 2(the game where he swings around), X-Men:Legends(I would gladly play this game any day over Nemesis), UMVC 3.

Last edited:

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
Here's my top 10:

1. Injustice 2
2. Batman Arkham Asylum
3. Injustice Gods Among us
4. Lego Batman 2 tied with Arkham Knight, this was too hard for me
5. X-Men The Arcade game
6. Justice League:Heroes
7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance
8. DCUO
9. Batman Telltales game
10.. Walking Dead Telltales game
You can't have 11 games in a top 10 :p

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
1. Arkham City
2. Arkham Asylum
3. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
4. Injustice 2
5. Arkham City

Don't have many more games I can add to the list. I'm just a big Batman fan really.

MKF30

Ok, so I've changed the topic to top 5 since it's easier but with the option for you guys to make a top 10 (for those who may have trouble deciding or a longer list):)

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Here atre my Top 5

1 +2) X-Men Vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes - The Fighting Game (a tie)
3) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time
4) Injustice 2
5) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Hyperstone Heist

Honorable mentions:
* Marvel Vs Capcom 1: Clash of Super Heros
* X-Men - Children of the Atom
* X-Men - The Arcade Game
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Arcade Game
* Injustice 1: Gods Among Us
* Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 - Vanila and Ultimate

MKF30

Here atre my Top 5

1 +2) X-Men Vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes - The Fighting Game (a tie)
3) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time
4) Injustice 2
5) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Hyperstone Heist

Honorable mentions:
* Marvel Vs Capcom 1: Clash of Super Heros
* X-Men - Children of the Atom
* X-Men - The Arcade Game
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Arcade Game
* Injustice 1: Gods Among Us
* Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 - Vanila and Ultimate
Wow I totally forgot about TMNT, thanks for reminding me going to have to redo my list a little bit haha.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Here's my top 5
1) Spider Man 2000 (Neversoft)
2) TMNT Turtles in Time (SNES)
3) NES Batman (the one by Sunsoft)
4) X-Men Origins Wolverine
5) Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Never played Origins but great list. Ultimate Destruction is criminally underrated.

Reactions: NSR

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
In no real particular order but;
  1. Injustice 2
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance
  3. Any of the Arkham games (Not gonna go through them all)
  4. Superman Returns
  5. Spiderman 3

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
1) Spider-Man vs the Kingpin
2) Arkham City
3) Marvel vs Capcom 2
3) Injustice
4) Arkham Knight

I’m fucking old.

Oh and honorable mention to some of the mid-aughts Spider-Man games that let me swing around NYC superbly and here’s hoping the next one for PS4 makes the list officially.

MKF30

The New Spider-Man looks promising, sadly I don't have a PS4. since it's exclusive I won't be playing it. A bit annoying, but no biggy I'll play it at my friend's place.

Never played Origins but great list. Ultimate Destruction is criminally underrated.
Was going to say that's the game where Hulk pretty much destroys a city right? Or you can? lol I remember that game, was kind of fun I liked Origins Wolverine more slicing people up lol but yeah I remember that Hulk game. I think I rented it. Back when we could from Blockbuster lol. Now the only way to rent games(at least near me) is that red box thing outside of CVS's lol.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
  1. Marvel Heroes. Best superhero game I've ever played, great social atmosphere, excellent character designs, everyone felt like you were actually that hero, and kitting out a character took strategy. Sunk hundreds on hundreds of hours into this. The devs made some very poor decisions, then made some more, then Disney shut them down. Worst feeling
  2. Telltale's The Walking Dead. Specifically season 1, Lee's story was just very well done
  3. Spider-Man (2000). Probably doesn't hold up today, but I loved this one. Was built on the THPS engine, before any of the movie franchise games. It's the third thing that jumps into my head but it's probably just nostalgia talking. I think some of the subsequent games that coincided with the movies were quite good as well
  4. Batman: Arkham Asylum. I think this was my favorite of the series, hard to be sure. Some of the others dragged on a little and the open world, while pretty, felt kinda lifeless and repetitive.
  5. hard to pick a 5th, probably Turok. Valiant Comics got a surprising number of games and this one was probably the best

MKF30

I do wonder if that Superman Rocksteady game will wind up being true or not. If so, that could potentially be one of the best future comic games. I would love to see a Flash game like that as well.

Nice lists, seems almost everyone has one Batman game on their lists.