What's new

PC Version - General Discussion Thread

I'd say the prices listed are probably 99% accurate. Looking like $60 for regular and $80 for ultimate.

Don't no whose genius idea it was to not list them on steam until the day of release >.>

I'd say the prices listed are probably 99% accurate. Looking like $60 for regular and $80 for ultimate.

Don't no whose genius idea it was to not list them on steam until the day of release >.>
I don't disagree with you. But damn would it be nice to have some official word. The less and less I perceive they care about this game on launch makes me wonder how little they'll care when the first balance/content patch (crossing fingers) comes out buggier than an Alabama swamp.

I don't disagree with you. But damn would it be nice to have some official word. The less and less I perceive they care about this game on launch makes me wonder how little they'll care when the first balance/content patch (crossing fingers) comes out buggier than an Alabama swamp.
Yeah i agree. Should have been an official word by now. Honestly it's just another sloppy job by NRS. They won't ever care about pc. The launches and support from inj1-mkx-inj2 is sad. I still love NRS games and want to support them but they make it very hard.

The fact we can't manage to get a pc release alongside the launch is dumb. 2017 and a non exclusive game can't figure out how to launch on all platforms. I'll be slightly shocked if 2moro we even get a working injustice 2 lol.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Yeah i agree. Should have been an official word by now. Honestly it's just another sloppy job by NRS. They won't ever care about pc. The launches and support from inj1-mkx-inj2 is sad. I still love NRS games and want to support them but they make it very hard.

The fact we can't manage to get a pc release alongside the launch is dumb. 2017 and a non exclusive game can't figure out how to launch on all platforms. I'll be slightly shocked if 2moro we even get a working injustice 2 lol.
You might get the game, but no patches. Also, look for a tweet about discontinued PC support lol.

What I read somewhere (don't remember source) was that QLOC (ported MKXL) was already booked on another project (i think RIME) hence the inability to get IJ2 on PC out at launch. I'm 10000000% greatful they didn't go with HVS again though. Original MKX was a shitshow on many levels, thankfully I didn't have any of the performance issues - but I did get to experience the main menu simulator that everyone suffered for the first 3-4 hours post launch.

I agree with your first paragraph on every level though. If I wasn't primarily a PC gamer (i rly have no friends who play PS4), I would just keep playing on PS4, but I want to be able to whoop my friends before they actually git gud. I also think it speaks volumes about the lack of communication, and I think this boils down to an NRS issue and not a WB issue. The Shadow of War release last month was great on a lot of levels. Universal (British time) midnight release on Steam (7PM EST day prior of release schedul), clear communication the day of -from the actually existing community manager- about Monolith/WB talking with Steam to adjust the release earlier (scheduled 1PM EST on day of launch). And a pre-launch press release and introduction from the community manager, etc.

NRS has done none of that. And I know that Ed Boon gets hundreds of tweets an hour. But even if he doesn't have a direct response to my questions it would be nice to at least be acknowledged. Even a "hey, i see your message. we're working on a solution, standby". Some confirmation/acknowledgement is always better than radio silence.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
What I read somewhere (don't remember source) was that QLOC (ported MKXL) was already booked on another project (i think RIME) hence the inability to get IJ2 on PC out at launch. I'm 10000000% greatful they didn't go with HVS again though. Original MKX was a shitshow on many levels, thankfully I didn't have any of the performance issues - but I did get to experience the main menu simulator that everyone suffered for the first 3-4 hours post launch.

I agree with your first paragraph on every level though. If I wasn't primarily a PC gamer (i rly have no friends who play PS4), I would just keep playing on PS4, but I want to be able to whoop my friends before they actually git gud. I also think it speaks volumes about the lack of communication, and I think this boils down to an NRS issue and not a WB issue. The Shadow of War release last month was great on a lot of levels. Universal (British time) midnight release on Steam (7PM EST day prior of release schedul), clear communication the day of -from the actually existing community manager- about Monolith/WB talking with Steam to adjust the release earlier (scheduled 1PM EST on day of launch). And a pre-launch press release and introduction from the community manager, etc.

NRS has done none of that. And I know that Ed Boon gets hundreds of tweets an hour. But even if he doesn't have a direct response to my questions it would be nice to at least be acknowledged. Even a "hey, i see your message. we're working on a solution, standby". Some confirmation/acknowledgement is always better than radio silence.
If I recall, this was a common sentiment during the mkx PC catastrophe. Radio silence is their trademark.

Don't worry, you might get a tweet about a drum of oil tho.

MKX i bought on x1,ps4, and pc. I have no problem tossing money around to get it on everything i own. But i got rid of my consoles years ago. Then inj2 got no pc announcement which killed me. So now that we actually have the announcement and a date its sad to see how badly its already being handled. And i agree i don't think this is a WB problem.

Zyro

Noob
I've been reaching out to as many different outlets as i can. I had to make a twitter just to try and ping Tyler and Boon, as well as using the Steam discussions, and WB's official forums to try and get just any kind of word/confirmation of any details (particularly price point) for the upcoming release. So far my efforts have gone unanswered. Luckily the beta performed great, but I'm pretty skeptical about the way they're handling this at the moment. Especially since WB as a whole has been 50/50 on their PC releases.
I dont know why they neglect the PC so much. They should make the game cross-platform. It would really help

Raider

Noob
They even stopped mentioning Windows Store version. I got email for Fighter Pack 3 and Hellboy. And on the bottom they only mention: "Injustice 2 available tomorrow on PC Steam". And that's all. No mention of WS version like they first announced it. I am not even sure is it happening, i mean without cross-play... whose 4 WS players would have so much fun... XD

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
They even stopped mentioning Windows Store version. I got email for Fighter Pack 3 and Hellboy. And on the bottom they only mention: "Injustice 2 available tomorrow on PC Steam". And that's all. No mention of WS version like they first announced it. I am not even sure is it happening, i mean without cross-play... whose 4 WS players would have so much fun... XD
Totally forgot about MS Store, just gave me a reason not to buy the game on Steam for the moment.

The game is not available on MS Store for PC at the moment. Only for Xbox.

Braindead

@Immortal any idea about this^ ?

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
NRS really pissed me off with the PC version of MKX. I had to stop playing the game because the patches were always late and it barely worked. I'd never buy another NRS game on PC again.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Some facts for you people here, since there is so much misinformation here:

- the late release date for PC version has nothing to do with anything mentioned here, it was WB decision

- the lack of promotion of PC version, weird beta date was due to WB decision

- Denuvo is in only coz - again WB wanted it in

- no preload nor prebuy on Steam is due to WB decision (its an additional - paid service on Steam)

- there is no and never will be any cross-play for Injustice 2

- QLOC is just a company which handles the PC port -> strictly to WB wishes/contract terms, there is no adding features, crossplay or whatever

- less then 2% of people who played beta had any performance issues / game didnt start / poor performance etc.. (and we're talking about over 30k people sample size here)

Last edited:

Zyro

Noob

- the late release date for PC version has nothing to do with anything mentioned here, it was WB decision

- no preload nor prebuy on Steam is due to WB decision (its an addition - paid service on Steam)

- QLOC is just a company which handles the PC port -> strictly to WB wishes/contract terms, there is no adding features, crossplay or whatever

- less then 2% of people who played beta had any performance issues / game didnt start / poor performance etc.. (and we're talking about over 30k people sample size here)
A lot of people are complaining about denuvo,but what is so bad about that?

Raider

Noob

- no preload nor prebuy on Steam is due to WB decision (its an addition - paid service on Steam)

So in short: WB doesn't care. :/
Do you know is PC version at least getting DLCs at the same time as console versions?

Immortal

Blind justice....
A lot of people are complaining about denuvo,but what is so bad about that?
Long topic short - it's a protection from piracy and tempering with the files in any way. Thou it was cracked already. There is a speculation that it can coz poor performance but that's not really a reality. Not until you add another layer of anti-piracy system like in for example latest Assassin's Creed, which used a lot of CPU power, making the game to struggle on PC with i5 or slower CPU. That's not the case for Injustice 2. It's more of inconvenience (no mods etc..) then anything at this point.

So in short: WB doesn't care. :/
Do you know is PC version at least getting DLCs at the same time as console versions?
Usually the same day, at very worst few days after.

Last edited:

Braindead

Ugh why no preloading? So fucking stupid. The game is huge downloading it is gonna take a couple of hours -_-

Braindead

But why for 50e?? It was 40 with that VIP voucher. Contact them!
I did use the voucher and paid only 40. I just said 50 because I didn't want to complicate it. The point is that they offer 25% off without the voucher now.

Either way, if I only waited 3 hours I would've paid less. I'll send them an email.