What's new

Your online adventures with ragers while using Cyrax?

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
First off, I would like to thank EVERYONE on the Cyrax boards for putting together awesome guides, combo lists, match ups, etc. The whole TYM community is awesome and more helpful than any other board I frequent; be it firearms forums,SDN, or even other game forums.

The purpose of this thread is to see others stories of online play with Cyrax, especially the responses from the people you play against.

Before I started picking up Cyrax I never really ran into him on XBL. You know the typical Cages, Blades, SZ, Scorpions, etc.

Jesus, after I started playing with him and doing decent and pulling off some of my BNB combos (42,46, and 55%) people would send me hate mail, rage mail, pick Cyrax the next match, or better yet; pick Cyrax to mirror and then after I beat them, they would pick human Cyrax WTF.

Nothing gave me greater pleasure than to tele behind them while they throw bombs all over the screen, net them and then combo them to death.

It also seemed after two or three combos people would quit out in the middle of the game and then I would get fan mail. Im just about an average player which makes the tears of these other players so delicious.

Ahhh, the best part about it is I wasn't even using resets (learning them at the moment).

Good times, good times.

So, share your fun experiences with Cyrax online.

Thanks!!

Hobozzzx

Up the Irons!!!
I've been called every homophobic, racist or just offensive word you can think of. The usual no-life, learn more than one combo etc. I've made people so mad that they send me (what I assume to be) hatemail in different languages (I've gotten shit in Russian before :confused:).

On a different note, I once faced a guy who refused to fight my Rain, but was willing to fight my Cyrax :confused:.
Apparently Rain's ex-H2O boost combos are more annoying than Cyrax's death combos :confused:

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Ok I'll admit it. I had this point in time where it seemed like everyone I played used cyrax. One net and I was gone basically. It got so frustrating that I....I left out on many games in the middle of one of those cyrax combo exhibition videos I was watching. I did not, however, send hate mail. :p I'm over it now, as I've learned to "deal" with the tricky robot...well...as long as I don't get hit by a net its pretty easy to tell who uses cyrax for wins and who uses him as a dedicated main.

I tried picking up Cyrax at least thrice during my time in MK9, but he just doesn't fit me. However, I wish to post something related to the thread:

Honestly, it seems like I have more ragers online when I use Kratos against Cyrax players.
Kratos has answers to Cyrax's shit, on top of having a similar damage output. I guess Kratos' fundamental dirt is enough to induce rage, even if they have more bullshit than my own character could ever have.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
ShadowBeatz can you enlighten everyone here with your sig?
Oh but of course sir :D

Jesus, after I started playing with him and doing decent and pulling off some of my BNB combos (42,46, and 55%) people would send me hate mail, rage mail, pick Cyrax the next match, or better yet; pick Cyrax to mirror and then after I beat them, they would pick human Cyrax WTF.
Dude, I love this. When I play, I generally don't use resets unless I'm trying to troll or my opponent catches on to my shenanigans (I don't like spending meter lol. I'd prefer to stick with meterless "ghetto" resets that still do 60%+). I love it when I beat someone with Cyrax, they pick Cyrax next match to "show me how to play him correctly," then I break out the resets and they ragequit or something. Can't say I get any hatemail though....

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
ghetto resets? what are his ghetto resets? or are u talking about the dissolving net resets?

Axel_Redd

yeah man. I tried calling them resets one time and I got scolded, so I just call them ghetto lol

my fav is mid-bomb (net dissolves) 212. so pretty :)
i just like to follow those up with d4, the ones Mustard is known for doing a lot o3o

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
yes that one.
ohhhh yeah, I'm not talking about that lol. I'm talking about when you catch an opponent in a Net, you can time it so you drop a bomb before they break free.

You know, situations where normal Cyrax's would just do a normal reset :rolleyes:

Axel_Redd

ohhhh yeah, I'm not talking about that lol. I'm talking about when you catch an opponent in a Net, you can time it so you drop a bomb before they break free.

You know, situations where normal Cyrax's would just do a normal reset :rolleyes:
only if u have meter >->