What's new

Guide Your new F2D3*stealth buff/nerf*

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
So again after some conversation with WetDoba and being shown some of his stuff I started playing around and found out that just the string F2D3 is STUPID better now. Its a string that crosses up mid block on certain characters in certain situation, but when they are hit it will throw them back like it never hit the other side(Note that you have to be inside max range for the 3 to cross up, at max range it hits normal). This is heavily MU specific, and sometimes the move whiffs so I decided to make a guide for it

Flash: Crosses up mid screen, crosses up in the corner

NW: Crosses up mid screen, crosses up in the corner

Batman: 3 in f2d3 whiffs mid screen, crosses up in the corner

Lobo: dont have, cant test

Joker: 3 in f2d3 whiffs mid screen, crosses up in the corner

Harley: 3 in f2d3 whiffs mid screen, crosses up in the corner

Grundy: Will not cross up

Cyborg: Crosses up midscreen, crosses up in the corner

GA: 3 in f2d3 whiffs midscreen, whiffs in the corner. Only use this if you are close to max range

Supes: 3 in f2d3 whiffs midscreen, whiffs in the corner as well. Only use this if you are close to max range

MMH: Will not cross up

Zod: Will not cross up mid screen, crosses up in the corner

Lex: Yeah your not getting over this guy, no cross up

Catwoman: 3 in f2d3 whiffs midscreen, whiffs in the corner as well. Only use this if you are close to max range

DS: Will not cross up midscreen, crosses up in the corner

Raven: 3 in f2d3 whiffs midscreen, whiffs in the corner as well. Only use this if you are close to max range

Aquaman: 3 in f2d3 whiffs midscreen, crosses up in the corner

WW: 3 in f2d3 whiffs midscreen, whiffs in the corner as well. Only use this if you are close to max range

Zatana:3 in f2d3 whiffs midscreen, crosses up in the corner

Scorps: Dont have, couldnt test

Ares: 3 in f2d3 whiffs midscreen, crosses up in the corner

KF: 3 in f2d3 whiffs midscreen, crosses up in the corner

DD: Hes huge like lex, same as before patch

HG: 3 in f2d3 whiffs midscreen, whiffs in the corner as well. Only use this if you are close to max range

Shazam(Cpt Marvel): 3 in f2d3 whiffs midscreen, crosses up in the corner

GL: Will not cross up

Sinestro: Will not cross up

BA: Will not cross up

Bane: naw son

Again this is most accurate point blank and slightly outside of paint blank range. I say in certain situations to only use this if you are close to max range becasue if someone moves toward you or throws an advancing normal that recovers in time to block you will still get the undesired missing cross up. There is an easy way around this because the second hit in f2d3 is a mid, so you just block the overhead then hold down to defend against the cross up mid. Regardless its safe(except to corpse charge and some supers)so even if they know the tricky parts its fine to use and abuse

Improved hitbox on Infinite Crisis combo (Forward Medium, Down Hard) and it is now -8 on block (up from -32). Thats what the patch notes said for bane already. Good advanced guide for it though.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Improved hitbox on Infinite Crisis combo (Forward Medium, Down Hard) and it is now -8 on block (up from -32). Thats what the patch notes said for bane already. Good advanced guide for it though.
What? What do the patch notes have to do with anything I wrote, this is about a stealth "buff/nerf* to f2d3 that wasnt shown in the patch notes.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Good shit, doesn't it have fullscreen pushback though? What about ex srk?
On hit it pushes back full screen and it results in a HKD. WetDoba has a handful of set ups with F2D3 in the corner and stuff, but thats not mine so I wont speak of it.

If the opponent blocks f2d in the f2d3 string, the 3 will or will not cross up based on the guide. The opponent is in block stun so they cant move or reversal once the string has started. If you do this string in a situation where it whiffs however the opponent cant get hit and will be easily able to punish you when you land on the other side of them.

What do you mean by "ex srk"?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
On hit it pushes back full screen and it results in a HKD. WetDoba has a handful of set ups with F2D3 in the corner and stuff, but thats not mine so I wont speak of it.

If the opponent blocks f2d in the f2d3 string, the 3 will or will not cross up based on the guide. The opponent is in block stun so they cant move or reversal once the string has started. If you do this string in a situation where it whiffs however the opponent cant get hit and will be easily able to punish you when you land on the other side of them.

What do you mean by "ex srk"?
venom uppercut MB. does it have the same properties>?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i hate to be that guy, but the string already did this pre patch, the bane community discusses it a fair bit in one of these threads ages ago but i can't remember which one.

it was just highly impractical due to the string being minus a billion on block, so now it's actually useful.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
i hate to be that guy, but the string already did this pre patch, the bane community discusses it a fair bit in one of these threads ages ago but i can't remember which one.

it was just highly impractical due to the string being minus a billion on block, so now it's actually useful.
Regardless of it did pre patch, here is a guide to let banes know who its useful on and where. Even if it was minus a billion before, if it crossed up in the corner its something top bane players as well as casuals could have made use of but nobody did. Now hopefully they will.

People on this site are so concerned with being the first to find something when being the first to do something means nothing at all. I post stuff on this forum because we all use the same character and I would really like to see the character that I put my time into do well(especially if hes not considered the best). If you "hate to be that guy" then just save it and move on, poor show.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
venom uppercut MB. does it have the same properties>?
Sadly no, they just look similar and share similar properties(if the second hit of f2d3 was an overhead that would be preeetty kooool). The second hit of the MB uppercut is an overhead while the second hit of f2d3 is a mid. Like chief said in another thread the second hit of the MBVupper has a phantom hitbox around banes upper body that makes the move more positive than when it hits normally. Though both can set up situations where a follow up command grab cant be jumped or backdashed, one only works in the corner where the other works midscreen and out of banes vortex.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Regardless of it did pre patch, here is a guide to let banes know who its useful on and where. Even if it was minus a billion before, if it crossed up in the corner its something top bane players as well as casuals could have made use of but nobody did. Now hopefully they will.

People on this site are so concerned with being the first to find something when being the first to do something means nothing at all. I post stuff on this forum because we all use the same character and I would really like to see the character that I put my time into do well(especially if hes not considered the best). If you "hate to be that guy" then just save it and move on, poor show.
poor show? you advertised the thread as "new buff" when the tech you posted was not new, simple as.

nowhere did I claim your post means nothing, you are over exaggerating and putting words in my mouth. the tech in this thread is great now the string is safer, but it just isn't new as you claim, that's all.

Also if you want to see Bane do well, go to tournaments and do well with him like the rest of us Bane's do, instead of having an attitude over things that aren't insulting.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
poor show? you advertised the thread as "new buff" when the tech you posted was not new, simple as.

nowhere did I claim your post means nothing, you are over exaggerating and putting words in my mouth. the tech in this thread is great now the string is safer, but it just isn't new as you claim, that's all.

Also if you want to see Bane do well, go to tournaments and do well with him like the rest of us Bane's do, instead of having an attitude over things that aren't insulting.
See I knew you would say this so I already had a response ready, ahah. I never said you said my post means nothing dude, I said being the first person to find something means nothing. If what you just said was true, and you weren't just trying to be "that guy" you would have said "*something meaningful regarding the guide*, but by saying that this is a buff/nerf is misinformation" or something to that extent. You just said, "this isnt new we talked about its x days/weeks/months ago in a thread I dont remember" , then went on to say "the tech you posted was not new" when I didnt post tech. I posted this as a guide for bane users and that is directly shown in the title. I have tech posts on here and they have tech in the title. Again this isnt really a big deal at all and you're completely missing the point of this post as a guide for bane users that wasnt present before, because you stress on the something being "new" which doesnt matter.

Also your last sentence just made me lost any respect for you that I may have had because of that weak backhanded statement. Me wanting to see my character do well doesn't mean I need to be a tournament player, it just means I care about the game and the character I use. Again poor show on you man. I live in Richmond Virgina and there aren't any weekly's that I could go to, just sessions with a few good players that I go to whenever I can. I am trying to reschedule a previous commitment to go to TOTFC this weekend, and I'm saving money to make it out to NEC if im allowed off for the time(someone in my area already has a hotel booked, but I just cant make the immediate commitment and have to back out because of work. It would be unfair to him).

Before you make childish statements, and give someone who originally had no attitude towards you and attitude yourself, remember you are playing a video game and its not that important. You may think you are elite in some way("the rest of us banes")but this isnt League of Legends/SCII, and you still have a day job.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I will say, however, that I never even thought to use f2d3 beforehand because of the very reason you stated. I saw -32 and completely removed it from moves that I would ever use as a bane, so I never would have known it crosses up mid string until this patch. Now that I think about it outlaw mentioned you had some nice things with this string in the corner, but I never looked into it because negative on block. I should have looked into it then so I could have put it into my game then instead of just now

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
See I knew you would say this so I already had a response ready, ahah. I never said you said my post means nothing dude, I said being the first person to find something means nothing. If what you just said was true, and you weren't just trying to be "that guy" you would have said "*something meaningful regarding the guide*, but by saying that this is a buff/nerf is misinformation" or something to that extent. You just said, "this isnt new we talked about its x days/weeks/months ago in a thread I dont remember" , then went on to say "the tech you posted was not new" when I didnt post tech. I posted this as a guide for bane users and that is directly shown in the title. I have tech posts on here and they have tech in the title. Again this isnt really a big deal at all and you're completely missing the point of this post as a guide for bane users that wasnt present before, because you stress on the something being "new" which doesnt matter.

Also your last sentence just made me lost any respect for you that I may have had because of that weak backhanded statement. Me wanting to see my character do well doesn't mean I need to be a tournament player, it just means I care about the game and the character I use. Again poor show on you man. I live in Richmond Virgina and there aren't any weekly's that I could go to, just sessions with a few good players that I go to whenever I can. I am trying to reschedule a previous commitment to go to TOTFC this weekend, and I'm saving money to make it out to NEC if im allowed off for the time(someone in my area already has a hotel booked, but I just cant make the immediate commitment and have to back out because of work. It would be unfair to him).

Before you make childish statements, and give someone who originally had no attitude towards you and attitude yourself, remember you are playing a video game and its not that important. You may think you are elite in some way("the rest of us banes")but this isnt League of Legends/SCII, and you still have a day job.
If you think Mustard is elitist, you don't know him very well.

It seems like you're angry that Mustard said the tech was found a while ago, and you were being needlessly off the handle in your response. This post confirmed that.

Considering you pulled the "it's only a video game" card, follow your own advice.

Vagrant

Noob
Nonameformedude

Chill bro. Here's what happened. You made an awesome guide for F2D3 in a thread titled Your new F2D3*stealth buff/nerf* .

because of the title of the thread. PND_Mustard came in looking for a brand new buff he hadn't seen before and it turned out to be something that he had seen before. The difference here is that now because of the block advantage it's actually useful and this guide is awesome and you should be damn proud of it. That doesn't change the fact though that technically the thread title is wrong because f2d3 always did this. he came in simply to clear up the title, it was not personal, it doesn't take anything away from the guide you wrote. Relax man.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter

dude, you are looking way too far into this.

If you hadn't claimed this as a new find, i wouldn't have said anything, that is literally the only thing i said that could be seen as knocking the thread, and even then i immediately followed with an opinion on said tech.

you can't really pull the "it's just a videogame" card when you were the first guy to take offence here. I am aware of the fact, but you are on a site aimed at Tournament level competitive players discussing different characters and strategies to be used at the highest possible level. if something is incorrect or misinformed, the forum users here are well within their rights to debate it, this IS a forum after all.

I am happy to see you post your findings however, at the end of the day we are all here to see Bane level up, just no need to be so sensitive.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
If you think Mustard is elitist, you don't know him very well.

It seems like you're angry that Mustard said the tech was found a while ago, and you were being needlessly off the handle in your response. This post confirmed that.

Considering you pulled the "it's only a video game" card, follow your own advice.
Nonameformedude

Chill bro. Here's what happened. You made an awesome guide for F2D3 in a thread titled Your new F2D3*stealth buff/nerf* .

because of the title of the thread. PND_Mustard came in looking for a brand new buff he hadn't seen before and it turned out to be something that he had seen before. The difference here is that now because of the block advantage it's actually useful and this guide is awesome and you should be damn proud of it. That doesn't change the fact though that technically the thread title is wrong because f2d3 always did this. he came in simply to clear up the title, it was not personal, it doesn't take anything away from the guide you wrote. Relax man.
dude, you are looking way too far into this.

If you hadn't claimed this as a new find, i wouldn't have said anything, that is literally the only thing i said that could be seen as knocking the thread, and even then i immediately followed with an opinion on said tech.

you can't really pull the "it's just a videogame" card when you were the first guy to take offence here. I am aware of the fact, but you are on a site aimed at Tournament level competitive players discussing different characters and strategies to be used at the highest possible level. if something is incorrect or misinformed, the forum users here are well within their rights to debate it, this IS a forum after all.

I am happy to see you post your findings however, at the end of the day we are all here to see Bane level up, just no need to be so sensitive.

No no no, im not angry at all. In all of my responses on this site since an altercation early on in my membership with user onetrueking I have spoken in a calm and adult manner. Even when someone has threatened to attack me at the next Civil war, even when someone told me I was being their "bitch" when telling them their insults were childish. In this thread I never fly off the handle even a little bit, only saying "save it and move on", which I said because your first comment on this guide ingored the fact that it was a guide for the string and not tech, just to say this was already found(while making a point to say you didnt want to be "that guy"). When I say I want to see the character do well and someone says, "if you want to see the character do well then go to tournaments like we do, instead of having an attitude", that could easily be seen as an insult to non tournament players or at the very least a statement filled with unnecessary attitude(especially when I gave a neutral statement to begin with. Regardless of what you meant by the statement I felt it was both derogatory towards me and filled with the attitude you claimed to have gotten from my previous post stating that I made in a neutral state of mind. It could also be considered an elitist statement because it implies if im not a tournament player im not doing anything to help the character. My attitude was not brought up over something small over a video game, it was brought up because how I felt about the statement you made..

Again I would like to be very clear that I did not label this as tech, this is a guide for the f2d3 string. Saying your new f2d3 is still accurate because the move was changed for the patch, its new now. The only misinformation was that I added in *stealth buff/nerf*, which I have already said I did not use because it was very negative on block(though I most definitely would have used it in the corner if there was a post about it crossing up in the corner. Now there is one dedicated to that, as well a bunch of other situations that happens)admitting my ignorance to the fact that this happened prepatch. If you think long posts filled with text show attitude you can look at my history on the site and see that this is just how I speak. I am always thorough and detailed with things I am interested in, like injustice and bane specifically.

Again I would like to state that I could less if something is new or not, its not on the forum and I find it ill probably post it. When someone randomly claimed the cross up vortex for bane I didnt make any statement disputing that because I dont care, just like I didnt make any statement disputing this because I dont care. This is for bane users, not for credibility or fake fame. Like I said its a video game, its not that serious.

I made this nice and long so you can get my exact thoughts and we dont need to keep commenting back and forth.