What's new

Your most hated charcter to fight against? DISCLAIMER: this is an “I get bodied daily” post.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Worst character matchup for me is kabal..hes so damn safe and plus all the time. Its his d4 and 111 b1 f221. Its all bullshit. Any tips on beating this, my footsie game is weak, and when i jump back his long ass hooks vacatch me, i try patience but then he zones me out. Like wtf.

Who your most hated character why and lets see if we can give each other tips.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Gotta bait whiffs with Kabal.. Lots of little walk backs etc. Doesn't mean you just hold back until you're in zoning range, but when he's in that happy b1 range, you should be trying to get him to stick something out.

Jumping back alone isn't enough -- if you're going to jump, it's better to time a jump in for when you read him being about to move forward and use his footsie tools. Some other stuff is variation dependent.

I dislike playing against Geras and Erron Black.

Zviko

Noob
Any character with mid cmnd grab but that's the only thing I hate about them except for Geras. He's beyond stupid in general. I'm not enjoying myself against Sonya either. I haven't fought many very good Jades yet either and those not so good ones are very annoying too with their random shit.

CO-KANO

Gotta bait whiffs with Kabal.. Lots of little walk backs etc. Doesn't mean you just hold back until you're in zoning range, but when he's in that happy b1 range, you should be trying to get him to stick something out.

Jumping back alone isn't enough -- if you're going to jump, it's better to time a jump in for when you read him being about to move forward and use his footsie tools. Some other stuff is variation dependent.

can u run a set with @Eldriken kabal so i have an idea of what it should look like and post it here

CO-KANO

can u run a set with @Eldriken kabal so i have an idea of what it should look like and post it here

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Don't stuck at midscreen against Kabal. Be close, work on anti-airs cos Kabal players jumps a lot. Don't immediately try to poke after his safe strings, let him try to poke you First, than you can use d4 or dash forward and throw or jump over him.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Geras. Hate his design, hate his ease of use, hate his safety, hate his damage, hate his mind games, hate his omnipresent threat level, hate his jump-ins, hate his throw loops. If he weren't near as safe on all attacks or so brainless to use, I wouldnt have an issue with his strengths.

Spektor

Noob
I used to say Scorpion but I have gotten to know his tricks so now it's Kung Lao. I beat a lot of them, don't always get bodied but damn if there aren't a million of them and that stupid dive kick gets me too much. And yes, I know that is my fault haha.

Last edited:

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Everyone should say Geras by default, so assuming that's universal.

Kabal. For exactly the reasons you described. I have the worst time opening him up. I suck at baiting whiffs I guess.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Don't stuck at midscreen against Kabal. Be close, work on anti-airs cos Kabal players jumps a lot. Don't immediately try to poke after his safe strings, let him try to poke you First, than you can use d4 or dash forward and throw or jump over him.
If you gonna let a kabal player poke after his safe string it will never be your turn.
A good counter against that when he pokes after for example f224 is walking back and whiff punish, or flawles block or short hop.

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Baraka
No matter how much you outread him, outzone or outneutral him. All it takes is one combo and there goes half your life. Cancerous jumpins, cancerous glitchy looking downpokes and dash animations, half of his movelist is an autoshimmy, and oh yeah, 112 bf4 50% launcher is safe. No need to hitconfirm.

1 Sonya, cause i cant guess right and don't really play characters that zone better.
2 Kano, i never really labbed his moves or frame data. If i just stop being so lazy i actually know which moves end in overhead end which in low ¯\(ツ)/¯ .

Last edited:

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Geras. But i just want to say that, i would not dislike this character at all if they got rid of sandtrap as a fast full screen safe check. The character should have a weakness.
one thing they could do:
specific moves hurt him like they do you
Think Mira From Killer instinct

She has the best damage in ki but her best moves kill her too