What's new

Your Mains Pre Release And Now.

xKMMx

Banned
Pre Release the only characters I was excited about were....
1. Noob
2.Kotal Khan
3. Kabal

After getting my hands with on them
  1. Noob got boring fast but I still use him
  2. Kabal annoyed the shit out of me with his whack ass voice and cheesy dialogue
  3. Kotal felt like every button push had 5 frames of input lag
My main right now is Jacqui even though I'm still not good with her or even that good at the game

Icefyre

Shadows
Pre release
Noob Saibot
Liu Kang

Now
Shang Tsung

I just can't help but hate Noob's gameplay design and playstyle. I wanted, and tried so hard, to main him for a long time, but I'm bored to tears with his style/design. Liu Kang just doesn't feel the same to me. In MKX he was designed to be a character with fast buttons and fast playstyle, which I loved. In this game he just doesn't feel the same for some reason.

Shang Tsung, though, was a complete surprise. I didn't expect to play him but damn, he feels like he had so much more work put into the character than any from the base roster. Has that upclose/fullscreen playstyle, with a good mix with his pressure strings. Hard to put him down, he's reignited my flame for the game.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Pre-launch:

Scorpion
Kollector
Noob

2 months later:

Scorpion
Cassie
Kabal
I am waiting to find a third character to replace Kabal though. I like him a lot but only in Kasual/Kustoms. I need a third who I like playing with both Kustom variations and tournament ones like Scorpion and Cassie.

DrZmmm

Noob
I planned on maining Jade & at least trying Noob. Those were the two that appealed to me the most. I dropped Noob after a day though and Jade after a few weeks.

Right now it's mainly Liu Kang, but I have played Cetrion a lot too

Imperor

My Game's Always So Fast, So Fine
Pre-Release
Cassie
Sonya
Jade

Post-Release
Cassie
Sonya
Jade (I didn't like how she was at first, but grew on me as time went along)

Gunnxr

Apprentice
Pre Launch:
  • Skarlet
  • Jade
  • Kollector
  • Frost
Now:
- Kabal

I did not expect to use Kabal at all because I thought he was kinda boring before this game. But I love playing with him now. I'm still looking for other characters to play.

Matix218

Get over here!
MK9: Scorpion/Smoke

MKX: Hellfire Scorpion until they removed the fireball dash cancel and I quit because the fucking online was unbearable and the character not fun anymore.

Pre Launch: Kustom Scorpion with Misery Blade and Demon Dash

After Launch: Skarlet

Now: Scorpion in both variations.
You mean when they removed the multiple loops of all dash cancel pressure in general? He still had the fbrc, just once per string.