What's new

Your Favorite Third Variation & Least Favorite

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I haven't seen a lot of people saying which third variations are their favorite and I'm curious because there are a lot of fun ones in the patch and a lot um well you know

Favorites:
Kitana: Fearless
-Great Low Fan Toss mixup, the most old-school kitana feeling variation

Skarlet
-Fun to have a more damage-based Skarlet, although I won't use it a ton it's nice to have (I would have opted for Ratch instead of Boiling Point and red rain instead of shield)

Least Favorite:
Jade
-I really hate that they gave her divine forces and didn't really make it worth while

Cassie
-hahahahahahahahawhatthefuckhaha

Best:
- Johnny. Suuuper solid projectile and more corner dmg makes this variation pretty fun for me.​
- Skarlet. I think her 3rd variation makes her play completely differently while still being viable. This is what all variations should do, ideally.​
Worst:
- Cassie. I was really hype for cyborg grappling hook setups but this shit really costs a bar of defensive meter​

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Geras’ and Kotal’s look the most interesting to me. I’m looking forward to playing Shang’s too if only because I might actually get to do some brutalities with him now lol.

Kollector gets the vote for worst because it should’ve been among the best but NRS clearly hates fun.

Favorite: Kano - Really love that Snakebite move, but it may just be the buffs to his normals which make it feel so good.
Least Favorite: Shao Kahn - It's not the worst variation in the game, but it gives the exact same play style as his Risen Emperor one, but is just worse in every single way. It's the complete pointlessness of it that just bothers me.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I’m hoping that they will consider reworking a lot of the moves still; also I am a bit salty that this game has two DLC separate fatal blows where someone says “get over here”

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Favorite:
-Sub, it gives him a new identity and feels more like classic Sub with the ice trap
-Kung Lao, I know this is a hot take and it's not so much that I think it's good (I don't really), but the moves he got just look so fucking DOPE. I'm a big fan of Lao as a character and I'm actually gonna pick this variation up to mess around

Least:
-Frost, I can see potential but I just...don't like playing it. The timer on core overload is so long it's a pain in the ass to create setups so I'll just leave it to the geniuses like @J360 on that one
-Cassie, it looked so fun and interesting and instead it's a piece of shit