What's new

Your Favorite MK Era?

Choose your favorite MK era

• Arcade (MK1-4)

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 3D (Deadly Alliance, Deception, Armageddon)

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Crossover (MK vs DC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRS (MK9, MKX, MK11)

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Spin-Offs (Mythologies: Sub-Zero, Special Forces, Shaolin Monks)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I honestly prefer the current era, both story and gameplay-wise, but I miss some stuff from the classic and 3D era that I wish were introduced into this era. However, since we're most likely entering a new era, at least story-wise, I hope such will be re-introduced and modernised.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
It is really hard to choose as they are all fun for different reasons.

Arcades were a massive part of my gaming history when growing up, so they are probably the most important games to me alongside SF2 and SMB.

3D's gave a complete new direction and gave us heaps of new modes and was the start of the MK storylines being more intricate and important to the game (which I love). Deception was one of my favorites in the series

MK 9 / X took the series back to it's roots, with some really cool new additions to the game play. It also refreshed the whole series which had become stale at MKvsDC.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Gameplay wise NRS era.

When it comes to roster, stages, music, and lore I think arcade was the best. I know you guys probably think im crazy saying that era had the best lore but I thought it worked so well because all we really had were the game intros, character bios, and character endings, and we kind of got to fill everything else in with our imaginations until the next game came out and told us what actually transpired. Maybe it was because I was younger but I always thought that was kind of cool.

Deception Konquest was fire though!

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
MK9 was monumental with me but I had to go with the originals. I have a lot of memories tied to MK, good and bad, and it’s probably the reason I’m not religious as an adult lol.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Arcade cause I'm old and I don't care what anybody says that looked real as back in the day.

The first fatal I saw was cages uppercut and people were losing their minds.

the secrets in no mk1 and mk2 were always the talk back at school. Even if some of them were not true

As much as I adore mk1-trilogy I have to say mk9 because it was the first time I ever took a fighting games seriously from a competitive stand point. It was the first time I discovered frame data and the fighting community that led me here. I remember watching reo vs dark rob in a blury video and it blew my mind. I remember watching lord Brady with his tutorials on subzero. I was hooked!

Makuholick

Killa Queen
3D era. It equally balanced the story and never let it get in the way of the fighting, something we can't say about the current line.
Kreate a Fighter>RNG Krypt lol

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
this new one, NRS era .... despite all issues and problems those games had or still have, there are more investiment and money behind to make the games, so, the overall quality is way better than any other games made in the past ..... more focus in the story and characters presentation