What's new

Your favorite Kustom Variations

Post your favorite kustom variations for characters you play and tell us why you like it. I’ll set it off;

Liu Kang
Shaolin Vanish
Low Fireball
Kusari Slam

This variation really makes LK a rushdown monster. Vanish allows him to close the gap in situations where he would have to work his way in. For example, after FB, Amp Low Fireball, Amp Fly Kick, f/throw he can Vanish and immediately be in F4 range.

Kusari Slam, although limited with only a few tick setups, compliments his rushdown game. B1 xx KS or B1,2,4 xx KS are his best tick setups. It’s also a good way to change sides.

Low Fireball for obvious zoning purposes.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Kotal Kahn
Damage Totem
Command Grab
Kahn Cut

The command grab I absolutely need to open people up. The Cut is for combos of course. And that damage totem... That shit adds up like you wouldn't believe. And if I do manage to get three stacked, elder gods help you. He does damage like Sonya wishes she could. Like I can kill you with two combos in the right circumstances damage.

DOG DAY SUNRISE, I have dubbed it.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Cassie

Shoulder Charge
Low Gunshot
Air bullet barrage

The addition of the shoulder charge gives her more options for combos and honestly I call this my MKX Cassie variation as it’s a mix of Hollywood and Brawler. It also gives her more damage in the corner.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Kabal:
-Low Hook
-Extended Hook
-Hook Grab (w/e it's called)

In my opinion, Hook Grab is the most powerful move Kabal has access to across all his variation specials. EVERY hit becomes 30-38% damage for one bar and ends with the option to switch sides, restand (Extended Hook or Gas Blast), or cash out for damage with another bar if desired. Dumb and if NRS makes a third variation with this, it WILL be his best one.

Low Hook is silly and people still dont understand that it's punishable. D4? Low Hook. D1? Low Hook. B1? Maybe Low Hook, maybe overhead. F22? Maybe Low Hook, maybe overhead. F4? Maybe Low Hook, maybe overhead. It also tosses them basically fullscreen for easy zoning afterwards depending on the matchup.

Extended Hook does too much damage for a restand and shouldnt push back as far as it does on block, but we stan for stupid specials with too high a power budget (cough Jade Air Glaive cough). I honestly use this more for its pushback than anything else after taking my turn back from pressure characters. People get flustered when blocking a string and they're suddenly 1/3 a screen away.

You could say I'm hooked on Kabal.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
For Scorpion:

Sin blade
Air grab
Demon dash

It gives so many different punish options that all do solid damage. Similarly, I sometimes replace burning spear with demon dash on Searing Rage for the quick punish option.

With Cassie:
Low gunshot
Straight kick
Shoulder charge

It maximizes her combo damage plus adds an extra KB with the straight kick. It's definitely the most efficient loadout I've tried with her.

Mantra

Noob
Kabal:
-Low Hook
-Extended Hook

In my opinion, Hook Grab is the most powerful move Kabal has access to across all his variation specials. EVERY hit becomes 30-38% damage for one bar and ends with the option to switch sides, restand (Extended Hook or Gas Blast), or cash out for damage with another bar if desired. Dumb and if NRS makes a third variation with this, it WILL be his best one.

Low Hook is silly and people still dont understand that it's punishable. D4? Low Hook. D1? Low Hook. B1? Maybe Low Hook, maybe overhead. F22? Maybe Low Hook, maybe overhead. F4? Maybe Low Hook, maybe overhead. It also tosses them basically fullscreen for easy zoning afterwards depending on the matchup.

Extended Hook does too much damage for a restand and shouldnt push back as far as it does on block, but we stan for stupid specials with too high a power budget (cough Jade Air Glaive cough). I honestly use this more for its pushback than anything else after taking my turn back from pressure characters. People get flustered when blocking a string and they're suddenly 1/3 a screen away.

What do you use to set up hook grab though? I thought at was just an AA?

Cassie

Shoulder Charge
Low Gunshot
Air bullet barrage

The addition of the shoulder charge gives her more options for combos and honestly I call this my MKX Cassie variation as it’s a mix of Hollywood and Brawler. It also gives her more damage in the corner.
Girl all you play is Cassie? Lol

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I'm looking for kustom suggestions for Jacqui. I really like her plasma grenade traps, but I don't know much about her other special abilities, and have a very short attention span with learning a character that doesn't immediately click with me.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Kabal:
-Low Hook
-Extended Hook

That's what I used in the beta, it was so freaking fun.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Post your favorite kustom variations for characters you play and tell us why you like it. I’ll set it off;

Liu Kang
Shaolin Vanish
Low Fireball
Kusari Slam

This variation really makes LK a rushdown monster. Vanish allows him to close the gap in situations where he would have to work his way in. For example, after FB, Amp Low Fireball, Amp Fly Kick, f/throw he can Vanish and immediately be in F4 range.

Kusari Slam, although limited with only a few tick setups, compliments his rushdown game. B1 xx KS or B1,2,4 xx KS are his best tick setups. It’s also a good way to change sides.

Low Fireball for obvious zoning purposes.
His tick grabs are shit cos they all whiff even on crouch blocking opponents. So they have to be standing and no one ever stands against Kang

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Couldn't tell ya, I only play Kompetitive.

Some of these sound so cool though. Perhaps some of these will make it in IF, and I do mean IF, cause I won't believe it til I see it... NRS gives us more Komp variations.

Personally tho, were I to play in customs I'd go:

Skarlet:
Teleport
Parry (it grew on me lol)
Killer Clot (enjoy not being able to special cancel Scorpion :p)

Sub Zero:
Creeping Ice
Rising Ice
Air Axe
-------------
Creeping Ice
Ground Ice
-------------
Creeping Ice
Deep Freeze
-------------
Artic Trap (can't remember if it's 3 slots or 2)

Basically, I want Creeping Ice. lmao

Last edited: